• 締切済み

shake the dustの翻訳例お願いします

This is for the fat girls This is for the little brothers This is for the schoolyard wimps and the childhood bullies that tormented them. For the former prom queen and for the milk crate ball players. For the nighttime cereal eaters and for the retired elderly Walmart store front door greeters Shake the dust https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PWrlOgrzHQ (Anis MojganiのShake The Dustより。 なぜか文字媒体のネット上のものは誤引用されたものだらけなので、すいませんが詩人本人が熱唱している動画を出典とします) 拙訳: この詩を 全国の太った少女たちに捧ぐ 全国の兄に虐げられた弟たちに捧ぐ 全国のイジメられっ子と、彼らを苦しめたイジメっ子たちに捧げる。元プロムクイーンそして、牛乳配達の籠をバスケゴールにして遊んでいた子供たちに捧ぐ。真夜中にシリアルを食べる者達、そして元ウォールマートの入り口でグリーターのご隠居に捧ぐ。 塵を落としなさい。 と、このように通じない事はないとは思いますが、shake the dustは、どうも聖書の言葉らしくて、 マタイ伝10章14節のコチラが元ネタらしいのです。(たぶん) And if anyone will not welcome you or heed your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that town or home. 要するに過去とは断捨離して前に進みなさいって事なんだと思いますが、日本語でshake the dustにピッタリの表現ってありましたっけ?? 私はまったく思いつかないのですが、、、。 私の引用箇所全部もしくは、shake the dustの箇所だけでも翻訳例をよろしくお願い致します。 (BA選びは、とんでもない心労になりますのでしません。 それでもよろしかったら宜しくお願い致します。)

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数6

みんなの回答

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

目を覚ましなよ。

lived_in_room13
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 > 目を覚ましなよ。 そうですね、確かにその通りですね。  また、宜しくお願い致します。

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9714/12082)
回答No.2

今回もまた、楽しいご質問をありがとうございます。 といいましても、#1さんの回答が上手すぎて、まったく私の出る幕はありません。 ただ、1つだけ追加させていただくとすれば、せいぜいこれです。 詩のタイトルでもあり、ご質問部分の締めでもある部分は、もちろん、#1さんの回答は十分立派ですが、 Shake the dust「(肩で風切って)元気よくいこうじゃないか」 といった感じでもいいかな、と思いました。 以上、ほとんど意味のないゴタクまで。

lived_in_room13
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 今回は、2回連続でマイナーな詩を持ってきちゃいました! ただし、動画をご覧になれば分かる通り、コアな熱狂的なファンがいる詩人です。 ちなみに観衆は、デブの女の子ばかり、、、と言う事はなく普通の体系の老若男女でした。 ただ、文学/詩集好きのオーラがすごいしていましたが。(たまたま、現場にいただけで動画の投稿者とは全く関係ありません。) ただ、私も初めは「そんなにすごい詩かな?」と思ったのものでしたが、「がんばって」と無理に背中を押されるわけでもなくshake the dustと言う言い方は、なんかいいなと思いました。 また、どうも英和と英英辞書に語義解釈で差があり、丸パクリできないのが困ったものでした。 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=shake+the+dust+off+one%27s+feet https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/shake-the-dust-from-your-feet >Shake the dust「(肩で風切って)元気よくいこうじゃないか」 そうなりますよね。 丁度、作者の詩人のように「ささやく」事ができそうな言葉ですね。 どうもありがとうございました。

• cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

こんばんは。 shake the dust は「その呪縛から放たれよ」って感じがしました。 ============================== デブ呼ばわりされている女子に... チビ呼ばわりされている男子に... 気の小さなイジメられっ子と、その彼らを苦しめるイジメっ子に... プロムクイーンに選ばれチヤホヤされた君に... 牛乳かごをリング代わりにバスケをして遊んでいた君に... 夜中にシリアルを食べて空腹を満たしていた君に... そしてウォルマートのドアマンとして働く年老いたあなたへ... その呪縛から放たれよ(今を目一杯生きるのです) =============================== みたいな...。

lived_in_room13
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 いや、毎度ながらさすがですね! >デブ呼ばわりされている女子に... 英語的には、This is forって表現は普通なんですが、私は、「日本語でこれを自然にどう言うものだろうか?」と結構悩みましたよ、語尾を「に捧げる」にしてしまったばっかりに、、、。 なるほど、「に...」って表現もありでしたね、どうにも出てきませんでした。 「デブ呼ばわりされている」という表現もこちらの方が自然だなと思いました。 >牛乳かごをリング代わりにバスケをして遊んでいた君に... 「悔しい」と思えるほど情景豊かな表現だと思いました。アメリカの貧しい子は、牛乳のカゴを使ってバスケするのかも知れませんが、日本で育った私にはどうにもこうにも情景が浮かびません。なので、ギコチナイ訳になりました。 おそらく回答者さんも見たことないでしょうに、読者に(疑似の)懐かしい思い出に感じさせられる程の情景ゆたかな表現でハッとさせられました。 >夜中にシリアルを食べて空腹を満たしていた君に... わびしさが、にじみ出ています。 私もこういう文章にしたかったのですが、、、。出てきませんでした、、、。(悔しいです。) >そしてウォルマートのドアマンとして働く年老いたあなたへ... なるほど、わびしい雰囲気にする場合は「年老いた」という表現がいいですね。本当に勉強になります。 読めば、気が付くのですが自分からは出てこないこないのです。 いつか、私にもできるようになるといいのですが。 >その呪縛から放たれよ(今を目一杯生きるのです) こちらも、いただきました。 いつも高度な文章を駆使されたご回答に感嘆しております。 今後とも宜しくお願い致します。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳してください。

I'm just sudden.. alone... now.. I always miss you.. and pray for your good future & our meeting.. but your sudden word give me sad... I think that you don't like me and you don't love me... my mind.. is too.. good luck to you... always... I wait for you.. in this place...

• 英文の翻訳

Greetings, Thank you for contacting (会社名) Unfortunately this is a temporary issue that our engineers are trying very hard to fix as soon as possible. In the mean time, we appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue for you. I understand that this will not be the answer you were looking for and I can only hope that your enjoyment of the game is not spoilt by this situation. Please accept our apologies for this highly unfortunate occurrence. 回答お願いします

• 英文の翻訳

以下の英文を翻訳お願いしたいです Sometimes this decision is straightforward. A proposal of a marriage, and an acceptance or refusal. But sometimes life is less well defined than that and the decision is made by the soul, it is made in the depths unconsciously. By you or by him. You may feel you have had enough of this particular man, or karma for one life for example and your spirit may withdraw because of pain when you could have struggled on perhaps and changed the ending to the story. Or you may unconsciously behave in such a way that he is the one to end the relationship against your will. Life is complicated, and the stars only really sketch this life, you add your own complications to become woven into the destiny This can be said of all relationships of course, not just your own. But it is right to state it. Some people hear the word soul mate and they assume that nothing can ever go wrong. That is not so. What I promise you is a future, it is up to you and him to make it happy or sad, short or lasting.

• 翻訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで。 お願いできますでしょうか? 多分ですが・・・かなり抽象的な原文だと想像しますので、 がっつり意訳でかまいません。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 This brings me to the end of your soul mate four. I hope you liked the reading, it may puzzle you with its mystery. or it may make you melancholy, longing for a different fate and set of circumstance, or joyous, parts of it will seem idiosyncratic and make you laugh, for it collects its wisdom from many antiquated methods. But whatever else it does somewhere it will speak to your soul. It will tell you that life is never a lonely road. If you are familiar with my work, you will know that this reading is unique. When you think you have met him, try to find out his birth date so that if you need to you can have your chart compared with his. This is called a synastry reading,

• 翻訳お願いします

以下翻訳お願いします。どうしても最後の文章がどっちのニュアンスなのか分かりません。DateとPlaceをこれから決めようと言ってるのしょうか? I'm not sure what to say about our situation but just seems quite unreasonable for your mom to act this way? I don't know your mom but I feel this marriage issue is firstly between you and me, secondly this should be a family matter but that is once we decide to set dates and place. よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳お願いします

The shortfall is I am old and my memory is not what it once was, thank you for bringing that to my attention So I have checked and you are correct you have paid a total of $140.00 As you can see I did not originally charge you enough for shipping for both hosts I only charged you for shipping for one host now there are two hosts. OK lets start over you paid $90.00 and that completely covers the L2, we'll call that good ! So on the E2 here is the low down for the E2 host, it is $26.00 and the copper heat sink is $65.00 (normally I would charge $75.00 but you have been a good customer ) and the flat focus adapter is $20.00 shipping to you for this weight will be $12.00 and if sent as a gift then no PP fees so that would be a total of $111.00 You paid a deposit of $50.00 on 6-7-13 so the balance will be $61.00 round that off to $60.00 as a gift and I'll get em packed up and ready to go on Monday Let me know if that sounds right to you I don't want you to think I'm trying to pull the wool over your eyes or something

• 翻訳をお願いします。

よろしくお願いいたします。 インドの方です。勝手に.をつけました。 切る場所が間違っている可能性もあります。 よろしくお願いいたします。 I had written to you earlier also that you will have to use the guide with whom. you are comfortable and he or she knows and understands your work. this has to be totally your decision as . you will have to make him work in your way. Regarding Mr Arora, i think you have to be more happy than him as. he is working for you for which you are paying him. but since he knows your work . you are comfortable. but he should know that in case he has made a mistake. he should be sorry for it and should not Repeat it again. When you come to Darjeeling. you can decide about your Kalimpong programme as. you will be in darjeeling for 10 days.

• 翻訳をお願いします

どなたか翻訳お願いできませんか? Only when you fall in love with a man is your destiny truly decided for a fixed length of time. This fixed length of time may be presently, all your life, or for as along as a long relationship lasts. When you fall in love your spirit attaches to the fate inescapably, your drawn unconsciously like a moth to the light and you are propelled towards whatever destiny is there at the end of it. Be it beautiful or painful. This takes place on an etheric level. Its is a bit like boarding a train and not being able to get off before it reaches its predetermined station. There is a point before you board the train when the future is not formed, when you haven't stepped onto that path, and a point after your board the train when you cant step off and are compelled to remain there to a destination, this point is determined and becomes a destiny when you fall in love. your spirit attaches to this fate yet. If you don't fall in love, or if the love within you is destroyed you then move on to a different fate.

• 翻訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで。 お願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の後半と2段落の前半部分ですので、 内容が中途半端かもしれませんが、 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Your soul brought you here for me to show you this tantalizing glimpse of your true soulmate through the waiting doors of time, because the subconscious is very powerful, it knows that when you meet this love will be of such a magnitude as to be more important than any you have yet known. The fate that really determines the exact time, day and date you meet, is karmic, not cosmic. It is in your own hands. The dragons head is not a star but an old and mystical point in the chart. It has to do with the destiny of your soul. Deep relationships change your character and bring you continually nearer to your souls destiny. They cause inner change, they can make you stronger or they can kill you emotionally. They can bring crisis.

• 翻訳をお願いします

以下の文章を翻訳していただけませんか?宜しくお願い致します。 Venus was in your house of death and inheritance. This is a intense placement that brings deep feelings to the surface. It causes a karmic or past life bond, which is like the forgotten inheritance of love, and will come out in various ways, but not always happy ways, other things will surface with it too. It causes subconscious power struggles. Where you pull against restrictions in your life and do things that test or provoke your partner. A love that is old and karmic and encompasses other lives. The relationship that will be very seductive, the partner will be irresistible and you will be pulled into an inescapable fate by this relationship. This means that there will be some mystery and intrigue in your love life or his. Your soul mate will be a charismatic person who will come into your life and will totally seduce you, mind body and spirit. He will be irresistible and have the power to make you melt. But this love relationship could also be filled with intense rather jealous feelings too.