• 締切済み

seeについての質問です

ある問題集で以下のような問題がありました。 I hope that I shall live to see my son a successful doctor. ここで疑問なのですが、seeはSVOCの文型を取ることができるのですか? SVOMは取ることができますが、my son = a successful doctorですから SVOMではないですね・・・

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

みんなの回答

• artist0
  • ベストアンサー率24% (92/378)
回答No.1

see はSVOCの文型を取ることができます。 いわゆる五文型のSVOCでは、O(目的語)とC(目的格補語)の間に 主語・述語の関係が成り立ちます。 Cはなにも名詞や形容詞だけとは限りません。 Cが原形不定詞: I saw him cross the street. Cが現在分詞: I saw him crossing the street. Cが過去分詞: I saw his work completed.

makihiro
質問者

お礼

thank you for your quick answer.

関連するQ&A

• hope

( )にhopeを補った場合【不適切】なものはどれか 1.I ( ) to see you again. 2.I ( ) you to attend the meeting. 3.I ( ) that my son will become a doctor. 4.I ( ) it will not rain tomorrow. 答えは2 hopeはwant形が取れないとありますがwant形とはなんですか。 〇I hope to V 〇I hope that ×I hope A to do

• よろしくお願いします

I live in a small apartment. Last week I went on vacation, and my mother kindly came by to water my plants. After my return she told me she was shocked to see my apartment, that I was a slob and wondered how could I live like that. how could I live like thatはhow I could live like thatでもどちらでも良いのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• seeing,seen,see,to seeなどの使い分け方

英語検定を受けるつもりで問題集を買いましたが、問題ではseeing,seen,see,to seeなど、似たような選択問題ばかりでよくわかりません。 この例では I hope (  ) you next summer in London. I hope so, too.   (成美堂英検3級問題集) で、hopeの後はto不定詞がくるということには納得できました。 それは辞書を参考にしたからです。 しかし、seeの過去形はsawですよね。辞書の例文では I saw a snake here yesterday.  きのうここでヘビを見ました。 Have you seen her today?  あなたはきょう彼女を見ましたか?   (東京書籍ニューホライズン英和辞典) となっています。例文を見た限りでは肯定文(?)と疑問文なので、seenは疑問文に使うのかなと思っていますが…実際のところどうなのでしょう? 他にもよくわからないのが fond,favorite,like,knownの選択問題で Let's play tennis.と言っているAさんに対し That's my (  ) sport.とBさんが答えてるものです。 答えはfavoriteですが、どうしてlikeが来ないものかと…^^; 基本的なことがわかっていないからでしょうか。 どなたかよろしくお願い致しますm(__)m

• seeについて

I saw the girl eating the apple. と I saw the girl were eating the apple. は、違いがありますか? 質問の論点は、SVOCの時と、that節の時で意味が異なるかどうかと言う点です。 I saw a girl hit a cat. と I saw that a girl hit a cat. の違いの方がいいかもしれません。 つまり、I saw a girl hit a cat.は、that節の省略なのか、SVOCのやつなのかです。 どちらも違いがないなら、どっちにとってもいいわけですが、 違いがあるなら、文脈で、と言うことですよね。 よろしくお願いします。

• 受動態

They said to me that I should see a doctor. という能動態の文を受動態にすると It is said that I should see a doctor. でいいのでしょうか?

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

Millie has a daughter and a son, but they live on the opposite side of the country and aren’t able to visit now. Her daughter is 4, and when I saw her over the summer, she briefly referred to me as auntie. Millie pulled her daughter to the side and told her that I was not her auntie and that I was to be referred to by my first name. I was to be referred to by my first nameの訳をよろしくお願いします

• 至急。英語について。

oh ok. do you have dates? Go out with a guy? I called my grandma, she's dying so I wanted to say my good bye to her. ↑に 『予定、あるっちゃあるけどたいした用事はないよ。そうだったんですか。それはツラいですね。 でも大丈夫。元気になってもっと長生きしてくれるように 私も願ってます。』 ↑と言いたいですか、 I have some errands to run but it's nothing. That was it. It must be tough for you. I hope she will be all right. I am with you and wishing her to get well and live longer.←合っていますか?

• カジュアルな英訳お願いします(その22)

英訳宜しくお願い致します。 1 昨日の夜、娘から家内の携帯に、渡すものがあるから今から行くよとメールがあった。 Last night, my daughter sent to mail to my wife's cellular phone which told that she have a gift, so I'll go to your condo right now. 2 家内と私はなんだろうと思っていた。  My wif and I wondered what she would bring to us. 3 娘がバレンタインの手作りの小さいケーキとクッキーを私と家内と、息子に渡すようにと  わざわざ持ってきてくれた。14日はバレンタインなんだぁ・・・  She brought expressly some litlle cakes and cookies for me,my wife and my son. She said to my wife that one of these cakes and cookies give to my son. It's a Valentine's Day on 14th. (14日がバレンタインなんてすっかり忘れてた感情がうまく訳せません) 4 なにも、せっかくの休みに朝から作らなくてもいいのにと思った。  I thought that she had precious holiday,and she made cakes from morning. I thought that she didn't need make cakes and so on. (全体的にうまく訳せませんでした) 5 家内は彼のために作ったついでにわたしたちのも作ったのよと言った。  娘も「もちろん」と言った。でも嬉しかった。  My wife said to me that she made cakes and so on for her boyfriend,and incidentally made for us. My daughter said to us" Off cource!!". But I was happy. 宜しくお願いします。

• 彼女は自分の息子に医者になって欲しいと・・・

こんばんは。 いつも教えていただいてありがとうございます。 悩みが減ってとてもうれしいです。 彼女は自分の息子に医者になって欲しいと思っています。 という文を英語にしなさいという問題でした。 答えは She wants her son to be a doctor. でした。 私は、 She hopes her son will be a doctor.と書きました。 これだと間違いですか? またどんなところが間違っているかや、 もし間違っていなければ二つの文の違いが知りたいです。 よかったらおしえてください。。

• for the time ever

I am a 68-year-old widow with two grown children, both married, both living nearby. I dearly love babies and baby-sit as much as possible. My son and wife had my first grandson over the summer. My son called me the morning after to invite me to see him, so I did for a few minutes. Then, a few weeks later and a few weeks after that, my son invited me to their home to see the baby again. So I went. When I didn't see the baby for several weeks, I texted my daughter-in-law to ask whether I could see the baby but got no response. I knew she would be going back to work soon, so I asked again. No response. The next thing I knew, my son told me to leave them alone -- that they wanted their privacy. I cried and cried but don't know what happened. He told me to not text or call. This happened around Thanksgiving, when, for the time ever, we didn't spend the holiday together. for the time everとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします