緑色のジョンディアトラクターが泥だらけの轍に駐車している

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 彼らは深い泥だらけの轍に駐車している緑色のジョンディアトラクターの前を通り過ぎた。
  • 坂道を上り下りして、X字形のサインが書かれたでこぼこした鉄道横断箇所を通り過ぎ、教会と食品店(外にガソリンポンプがある)、道路が交差する三角形の緑の芝生の上に立つ旗竿だけからなる小さな町を通り過ぎた。
  • 訳を教えてください。特に : の後がどのような構造になっているのかわかりません。よろしくお願いします。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

訳を教えてください。

They drove past green John Deere tractors parked in deep muddy ruts. Up and down hill they drove, over bumpy railroad crossings with X-shaped signs that said: RAIL-SING CROS-ROAD if you read them the wrong way, through little towns that were no more than a church, a food store with a gas pump outside, and a flagpole on a triangle of green grass where the roads met. 訳を教えてください。特に : の後がどのような構造になっているのかわかりません。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

彼らは、深い泥に埋もれた緑色のジョン・ディアー製トラクターのそばを車で通り過ぎた。  彼らは、丘を登ったり下ったりし、間違って読めばRAIL-SING CROS-ROADと読めるXの形をした鉄道踏切の凸凹を渡り、一軒の教会と外にガソリンスタンドのある食料品屋、道が交差する三角の草地に旗竿が立っている以外は何もないような小さな部落を通って車を走らせた。

okchietaro
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。コロンがあって構造がまったくわかりませんでした。わかりやすい図も載せていただき、本当に助かりました。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

#1です。補足です。 >>彼らは、深い泥に埋もれた緑色のジョン・ディアー製トラクターのそばを車で通り過ぎた。  と訳しましたが、トラクターが複数なので  「彼らは、深い泥の畝に埋もれた何台かの緑色のジョン・ディアー製トラクターのそばを車で通り過ぎた。」  と言う方が原文の感じが出るかもしれません。

okchietaro
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文を訳を教えてください^^;

英語が苦手なのでまったくわからなくて困っています。・・・ I was moving about with my little mallards in the May green grass in our garden. I was squatting and quacking, "quahg, gegegeg, quahg, gegegeg." I was pleased that my little mallards were following me. Suddenly, I looked up and saw a group of tourists standing at the fence. They started at me in surprise. "Naturally!" I thought. All that they could see was a big man with a beard who was squatting, looking constantly over his shoulder, and even quacking. On the other hand, the little mallards, which could explain my strange behavior, were hidden in the tall grass from the view of the tourists. No wonder the tourists were surprised to see me. in the interest of ~のために move about 動き回る no wonder 無理もない "quahg, gegegeg" マガモの鳴き声

• この文章の訳を教えてください。。

<WHITE> A "white elephant" is another example of white used in a negative way. This expression has an interesting historical background. In ancient Thailand, a white elephant was regarded as a sacred animal, but it was very expensive to keep.The kings of those days presented a white elephant to the people they wanted to ruin.Once they received this holy, royal animal as a gift, they were not allowed to sell or kill it.Today, a "white elephant" means something that is big, useless, and unwanted. In America, when people want to get rid of their furniture or clothes, they often have a "white elephant sale." <GREEN> Green is an inportant color in nature. It is the color of grass and summer leaves, the color of most growing planets. Sometimes green means young, fresh, and growing.Sometimes it describes something that is not yet ripe or finished. Someone who has the ability to grow plants well is said to have "a green thumb." A person with a green thumb seems to have a magic touch for making planets grow quickly and well. You may wish to have a green thumb, but you surely do not want to be a "greenhorn" is a preson who has no experience or who is new to a job. Green is also used to describe jealousy or envy.The "green-eyed monster" is what Shakespeare calls jealousy in his play Othello.For instance, you could say someone is green with envy because the girl he liked began going out with another boy. 長くなりましたが…お願い致します。

• 訳がわかりません

訳が分からないので教えて頂けましたら助かります。 Another reason is that some young people now entering the workforce are unfamiliar with how to write formal correspondence, because they have never had to write a formal letter before. They have had no training in how to compose a basic business letter, and are unaware of the style and language that should, and should not, be used. 宜しくお願いいたします。

• 訳を教えてください。

Euphemisms are not useless verbiage for that which can and should be said bluntly; they are like secret agents on a delicate mission, they must airily pass by a stinking mess with barely so much as a nod of the head, make their point of constructive criticism and continue on in calm forbearance. Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. 以下の部分がとくにわかりません。合わせてご解説いただけたら嬉しいです。 *for that which ~ *with barely so much as a nod of the head *make と continueはthey must に続くのですか? よろしくお願いします!

• 日本語訳をお願いします。2

至急こちらをお願いします。続き At first,potters stacked coil of clay on top of each other and pinched and squashed the coils together to make smooth-walled pots.At some point people realized that it would be easier to work on all the sides of a pot if it were on a dish or platter that could be spun around.They also found that adding sand and fine gravel to the clay made pots strong enough to survive cooking fires-no more putting your hand in the flames to retrieve a fallen piece of meat.By abnut 3500-3300 BCE,potters had discovered that “throwing”-shaping their pots on the fast-turning disks-was faster than the coil method. The potter's wheel is a large,flat disk with a socket on the bottom that fits over a round spike set in the ground,like a cupped hand over a fist.The first wheels required a lot of strength and skill to spin,but potters had more control with a spinning wheel.They could make pots that were more even and had thinner walls than coil pots.After the potters shaped the pots,they sliced them ofe the wheels with pieces of thread that they held tightly between their hands.When the pots had dried,artisans coated the inside or outsidd with slip,finely ground colored clay mixed with water until it was about the thickness of cream.The coating of slip helped to seal all the tiny holes in the cilay and make the surface more waterproof.Sometimes artisans would decorate their pots and figures with brushes made from the tail hair of a goat and dipped into red,brown,black,or white slip.

• 次の英文の訳をお願いします

German teenages dressed as Jaoanese goth rock stars, with multicolored hair and heavy eveliner , mingle with Japanese schoolchildren in a bookstore on the street, giggling as they step into purikura photo booth that shoot instant snapshots that people decorate themselves and print as stickers.

• 『The Lovebirds』3

Eleanor Farjeonの『The Lovebirds』という短編からの質問です。 For the lovebirds were such wonderful birds!--they were not only wonderful to look at, with their smooth grass-green bodies and long blue tail-feathers, they were wonderful because they could give you a fortune for a penny; and you can't get a fortune much cheaper than that. 最後のand you can't get a fortune much cheaper than that.のthatは、a pennyのことですか? a pennyとone pennyという表現をした場合、意味は同じなのでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 至急です。訳のほうをお願いします。オバマの演説らしいのですが、訳が上手

至急です。訳のほうをお願いします。オバマの演説らしいのですが、訳が上手くいきません。ご協力お願いします。 John McCain and Hillary Clinton have echoed each other, dismissing this call for change as eloquent but empty, speeches not solutions. And yet they know, or they should know, that it's a call that did not begin with my words. It began with words that were spoken on the floors of factories in Ohio and across the deep plains of Texas, words that came from classrooms in South Carolina and living rooms in the state of Iowa, from first-time voters and lifelong cynics, from Democrats and Independents and Republicans alike.

• 日本語訳を!

お願いします (6) The Hyksos army was made up of professional soldiers. They drove chariots, wore body armor and leather helmets, and wielded bows designed to shoot arrows farther than ordinary wooden bows. It's no surprise that the Hyksos beat the Egyptians in those first battles. But the Egyptians learned from the encounters. They stole the ddsign of the chariot from the Hyksos and then improved upon it. The Egyptians made the chariot lighter. The redesign positioned the driver over the axle and they covered the wooden axle with metal so that it turned more smoothly. These changes made it easier for the horse to pull the chariot. The driver stood, holding onto straps for balance, with a soldier at his side. The soldier held a shield and was armed with a bow and arrows, a sword, and a javelin. The back of the chariot was open so that the charioteers could jump out with ease and engage in hand-to-hand combat with the enemy. (7) The Egyptians trained. They held battle competitions in front of the king. Archers shot at targets. Wrestlers grappled with one another. Swordsmen clashed blades. What had once been a rag-tag scrabble of men became an organized military. But they still had work to do on their style of waging war. Before a battle, the Egyptians notified the enemy which day they planned to attack and where. If the enemy wasn't ready, the Egyptians rescheduled. And if the enemy retreated into their fortress, rather than rudely barging in, the Egyptians would patiently wait outside hoping to starve them out. Unfortunately, Egypt's enemies weren't always as courteous.

• 日本語訳にしてください!

日本語訳にしてください! Many governments now have or are considering laws to stop factories and towns from putting polluted water into streams. Factories are being required to treat their water before returning it to a public source. That is, if they put chemicals and other unwanted materials into water, they should be made to take them out again, so that the water can be by others. です、宜しくお願いします(;_;)