What does 'marinated' mean in this context?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover the meaning of 'marinated' in the given context.
  • 'Marinated' refers to someone being heavily saturated with cologne or perfume.
  • In the context mentioned, 'marinated' describes a person who wears an excessive amount of cologne or perfume.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

marinated

I work in the service department office at a car dealership. I have asthma and find that most of the time, the ventilation system in the mechanics' area is enough to keep fumes from being a problem. But there are several customers who wear a great deal of perfume or cologne, and it is very hard for me to wait on them because I have asthma. One man is so marinated in cologne that even if my co-worker assists him, it still bothers me, as the entire office is permeated with the stuff. ここでのmarinatedはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4112/5345)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

ここでのmarinatedはどのような意味でしょうか? marinate は、下記のように、肉、魚野菜などを香辛料の入った汁に「漬け込む」という意味です。 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=marinade  ここではオーデコロンにビショビショに浸かった肉塊のような男が、臭気を振り撒き、他の人が応対していても臭くて持病の喘息が出る、ということでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.3

近い語感の日本語は「コテコテ」。 料理のマリネにはふつう食酢を使いますから,ツンとした臭いがします。ここは香水のむせかえるような臭いからとっさに,マリネの比喩を思いついたんでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

• Chiba_USA
  • ベストアンサー率42% (6/14)
回答No.1

料理の時に、調理の前に食材(主に肉や魚など)をソースに漬け置きして味を染み込ませる事を言います⇒この男性はコロンを(表面に)振りかけるだけではなく体に染み込ませているかの如く香りを撒き散らしているという状態ですね。 訳すとすれば、「オーデコロンを体の中まで染み込ませた」とか「体の芯からコロンを発散している」「あるコロン漬けの男性は」といったところでしょうか・・・。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• よろしくお願いします

My boyfriend of three years and I are getting married in December. I am so excited! He is perfect many in many ways. There is one thing; however, that bothers me to the point of tears the times we have discussed it. the times we have discussed itはこのような使われ方は初めて見たのですが、どのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳お願いします

That is a very large heat sink and it is $75.00 in copper. I would buy the SAIK or you could send me one either way I have to have it here to make it fit like a glove. Later... SAIK=ライトの名前です。

• 英文の訳をお願いします。

友人が"Only"について教えてくれているようなのですが、詳しく知りたいので力を貸して頂けますでしょうか。よろしくお願いします。 "Only" refers to it being something and nothing else. For example if I said "I only eat vegetables." That would mean that I eat vegetables and not meat, chicken, fish etc. In the context I used it in ("It's only cold in the mornings,") it would mean that it is cold in the morning, but it is not cold during the rest of the day. In a different context it could mean that it is always cold never hot, warm or cool in the morning. A clearer way to say what I meant that would have my intended meaning regardless of context would be "It is cold in the mornings only."

• 訳し方を教えてください

Members of my family love to extend invitations to birthday parties at a restaurant of their choice, and they expect you to bring a gift and pay for your own meal. It is my understanding that the host handles the food bill in expectation that the guests will bring gifts and have a great time. This is the way I have known it to be done. Now that I live in the South, social etiquette among my family members has become strained and has caused me to decline invitations. ここでのstrainedの訳し方を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My father is an alcoholic who abused me verbally, emotionally and physically during my childhood. I spent most of my 20s in the care of an excellent therapist and have a stable job, a good husband, and two sweet dogs. I’m happy to have left my painful childhood in the past, where it belongs. I opted to maintain a cordial yet distant relationship with my father rather than confront him or cut him out. I dictate the terms of our relationship and see him once or twice a month. My father hates this; he complains regularly that I don’t visit him enough and constantly tries to get me alone to bully me. What do you think, Prudie? Is my “cordial cool” stance the right one? Should I let him have it? Or is it enough that I even still speak to this man? 1 I’m happy to have left my painful childhood in the past, where it belongs.の訳を教えてください。 2 ここでのcordialは「友好的な」で良いでしょうか? 3 dictate the terms of our relationshipの意味を教えてください。 4 let him have itの意味を教えてください。 以上、よろしくお願いします

• 英文を訳して下さい。

Although I had a general interest in the answers, I was startled and puzzled when the man guiding me around took me back to his office and opened a brochure that gave detailed information on the age of the campus, the student population, and the old white Grecian-style building. I now realize he must have thought I was some kind of information fiend. It is a good thing I did not ask any questions that he might have taken as hints for action like "Where did you get those delightful sandals you are wearing?". The man showing me around wore ship-on sandals and might have felt obigated to present me with a similar pair!

• 和訳お願いします。

次の文章の和訳をお願いします。とくに,cocoonとchild-in-meの解釈がわかりません。また、That it should~ ...is.の部分はThat it should ~ ... is (a problem).とa problemが省略されていると考えたのですが合っているでしょうか。 [http://balconybanter.blogspot.com/2017/03/the-bitter-sweet-candy-of-nostalgia.html] Being nostalgic is not a problem. That it should be accompanied with a sense of loss....is. As the years roll by, we turn more cynical about the present. But, what do I really miss? Is it the past? Is it the people? Is it the place? The truth is, I miss myself....myself connected to that cocoon. I miss the younger-me, the dreamer-me, the hopeful-me. I miss that believer-me, that child-in-me.

• thereofの訳し方

My daughter (she is 30) and I have polar political views. I say political because that is how it manifests itself; however, to me it comes down to core values of compassion and empathy, or lack thereof. thereofの訳し方ですが、「core values of compassion and empathyの不足について」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語訳お願いします。

どなたか、英語が堪能な方お願いします。 (1) This is charcoal. I like barbeque very much. I often have barbeque party with my family and friends in summer. It is really fun and dish is very delicious. (2) This is an autographed ball. I was given an autograph by Mr.Yoshinobu Takahashi in Yomiuri Giants. It is genuine. I like baseball since long ago. My father watched Major League games on TV in the weekend and I came to like it affected by that. (3) These are vegetables. I am working as a part time worker at the grocery store. All worker are friendly and cheerful and I am happy to work. My job is easy. (lol) Good points to work there are that hourly pay is high and I can eat many fresh fruits. (4) This is a savings bank in the form of Jizo (a guardian deity of children). It has good touch and I like it. No money is in it. (lol) (5) This is a seal. I bought it when I went to the trip to Beijing, China. It was made of crystal and by craftsman’s hands. I like it very much but have never used. (lol) (6) This is a photo of Tenanmon. It was very cold on the day I took this photo. It was very wide and the building had sense of history. Here was also a location site of the movie "Last Emperor." (7) This is a ticket of the World Cup. I went to the World Cup 2006 in Germany. I saw the game between Japan and Brazil and was very excited. Dortmund in Germany had very beautiful street and very tasty baked sausage 長文すいません・・・

• 英語の翻訳お願いします。

I care so much about you I care about you more than I can say. And that caring and that feeling have a meaning that is more precious and more special to me than I can explain. But let me try to tell you this... Stying ''I care'' means that I will always do everything I can to understand. It means that I will never hurt you. It means that you can trust me. It means that you can tell me. What's wrong. It means that I will try to fix what I can,that I will listen When you need me to hear,and that ~even in your most difficult moment ~all you have to do is say tha word,and your hand and my hand will not be apart. It means that whenever you speak to me,whether words are spoken through a smile or theouge a tear... I will listen with my heart. I do care about you... In a very special wey. メッセージカードの柄としてあったので気になりました。お願いします