• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:添削お願いします)

Japanese Police Fight Crime with Martial Arts Skills

cbm51901の回答

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

Japanese police respond to[*1] criminals by using martial arts skills such as judo and kendo, and they spend more time practicing[*2] these skills than practicing shooting a gun[*3]. According to the BBC, only six shots were fired by the police[*4] in 2015. [*1] "respond to ~" 「~に対処する」 [*2] "spend more time ~ing" 「~(をすること)により多くの時間を割く」 [*3] "than practicing shooting a gun" 「射撃の練習(をすること)よりも」 [*4] "only six shots where fired by the police" 「警察によって発砲されたのはわずか6弾だった」=「警官による発砲はわずか6弾であった」

wxw
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 more spend timeではなく spend more time ~ingなのですね。 またpractice gun ではなくshootingがいるのですね。 大変参考になりました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の添削をお願いします。

学校で新聞記事の一部をフィクションで作ってこいと言われたのですが、、、    POLICE OFFICERS SAVED 20 PEOPLE'S LIVES By [my name] New York , USA -2012,September 10th at 12:00. Tom Smith and Mike Anderson,the brave police officers saved 20 people's lives. A terrorist group made a bomb and put it a bus under the chair. On the bus, no one knew what happened. Only the 2 police officers knew the truth. A man called Mike about the bomb but didn't tell his name. They evacuated the people and found the bomb. When they found it, It was only 10 minutes left. They didn't have enough time to drive the bus anywhere. Then Tom made a big decision , he wanted to prevent the bomb exploding. Whwn we had an interview with Tom smith, he said that "I was a soldier before,I know how to do it but the most important thing is I am a police officer. It's my duty to save people's lives!" We should be proud of our police officers and they always protecy us. かなり幼稚な文だと思うのですが、お願いします。

• 添削してください

By reviewing and improving the daily lifestyle habits, it is possible to prevent them. It is important to focus on diet and physical exercise, change daily life and put it into practice. It is also important to recognize dietary habits, to maintain a healthy body weight or to lose weight in exercise of body overweight, to consume alcohol moderately. There is also DASH Diet. It is Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension clinical trial. By taking a rich diet like fruit, vegetables, and low fat dairy foods, blood pressure of hypertensive patients can be greatly reduced. 日本語⇨日々の生活習慣を見直し、改善することで、それらを予防することができる。 食生活や身体的運動にフォーカスを置き、日々の生活を改め実行に移すことが重要である。 それには、健康な体重を維持、または過剰体重の場合は体重を減らし、アルコールは適度に摂取し、食生活を見直すことが重要である。 またDASH Dietというものがある。The Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension clinical trial (DASH) fruits, vegetables, and low fat dairy foods(果物、野菜、低脂肪乳製品)のような豊富な食事(diet)をとることで、高血圧の患者の血圧を大幅に下げることができる。 上の英文を添削して欲しいです。 日本語に所々英語がありますが、これをもとに英文を作りました。 よろしくお願いします。

• 添削お願いします。(job interview について)

明日、塾の英語講師アルバイトの面接があって、たぶん英語でいろいろと聞かれると思うので、今日はインタビューの練習をさせて欲しいとネイティブの講師に英語で言うときは、こんな感じでOKですか? I’m going to have a job interview for an English teacher at a cram school tomorrow. I suppose they will ask me about something in English to check my English conversation skills. I’d like to practice what to do in the interview and how to answer their expected questions. Let’s say we are in a job interview. You are an interviewer and I’m an applicant. You can start. 直すところがあれば教えてください。

• 英作文の添削をお願いできますか?(長め)

まずこの質問を見て頂きありがとうございます。 今回は題名通りの事で少し長いのですが英文の添削をお願いできませんか? かれこれ2年程英語に触れていない中で英文を書く事になったので正直不安なのです。 ちなみに内容は飲酒運転についてです。 “drunk driving”is to drive a car after drink. After this speach,I want you to think about this problem. I'm going to talk about two point “cause accident and kill”and“lose social status” ・First “cause accident and kill” Drunk driver may cause an accident. Because driver who can't right jugement when drink. and it may cause that murder person. For example, Three years ago, Three children lost their life by drunk-driving. ・Second“ lose social status” Besides, drunk driving have another bad possibilities. For example,It is that arrested by the police. Recently the police inspect the cars at many places.If you drink and drive, you will arrest by the police.and this news is spread quickly for family,company,and friend.Then your social status will be lost. Recently in Japan,policeman was laid off for drunk driving. Fortunately he was not murderd nobody .But drunk driving is a crime.and i knew this news two days ago. ・in conculusion ,i think we must stop drink when drive です。長いし文法も単語の用法も滅茶苦茶かもしれませんが宜しくお願いします。

• 文章解釈についてAnd besides 〜

添付ファイル文章: And besides that, there is still preserved, though only in thought, the judgment of the Church, which though no longer existing in practice is still living as a dream for the future, and is, no doubt, instinctively recognized by the criminal in his soul. に関する質問です。 which though no longer existing in practice is still living as a dream for the future, and is, no doubt, instinctively recognized by the criminal in his soul. 1: which though のthough は副詞として、 「でも、だけど」として使われているという 理解であっているのか自信がないです。 2: existingはthe judgement of the churchを 分詞形容詞として修飾しているという理解であっているのか自信がないです。 3:which の関係節内のS V関係は Sが先行詞のthe judgement of the church Vがis であっているのか自信がないです。 4: by the criminal in his soul.は 「彼の心の底で、犯罪者によって」 と理解して合っているのか自信がないです。 理解の仕方が合っているかの 解説お願いします。

• 下記の英文を訳してくださる方はいませんか?

The same is true of studies of long-term rote memory, even though this type of memory is probably almost never required once a person has finished school. Once the years of formal schooling are over, test-taking days are largely past. An occasional test will need to be taken, for driver’s license renewal, for example, but by and large the need for long-term rote memory is reduced to zero in day-to-day adult life. People do not get much practice, if any, with the memory skills of bygone school years, and by the time they are old they can expect to be unable to use the old skills efficiently, and may be unable to use them at all. お願いします。

• 長文の区切り方と訳を見て下さい

大学のコースについての説明の文章の中の長文です。 This course is intended to help you to develop and to strengthen your skills in promotional and persuasive writing by studying and practicing effective techniques applicable to public relations strategies and advertising campaigns. これを次のように区切りました。 This course is intended to help you to develop and to strengthen your skills in promotional and persuasive writing このコースは訴えかけるものがあり説得力があるライティングのスキルを伸ばす事を目的としています。 / by studying and practicing effective techniques applicable to public relations strategies and advertising campaigns. PR戦略及び広告キャンペーンに適切な効果的な技術を研究し、実習することによって、 全部で このコースは、PR戦略及び宣伝活動に適切な効果的な技術を研究し、実習することによって、印象的で説得力があるライティングのスキルを伸ばす事を目的としています。 と訳しました。 宜しくお願いします。

• どの単語が入りますか?

どの単語が入りますか? vibrant assert enhance negligence prosperous cite urge scoff 1.that is not true, "he ____ firmly. 2.the accident should be attributed to the ____ of duty by the police. 3.I felt myself being attracted by her ____ personality. 4.It is common practice to begin a speech by ______ a well-known saying. 5.my conversational skills were greatly ______ during my stay in the States. 6.The town got much more _______ after the railroad was constructed. 7.At first I _______ at the idea, but as time went by, I began to think it might not be as had as it sounded. 8.My mother _______ me to find another job before I damaged my health.

• 穴埋めの添削をお願いします!

1)My grandmother is still alive, but she (had been) in hospital for two years. 2)David (had been) natto before he came to Japan. 3)The police (has been chasing) the criminal for many years when they finally caught him. 4)Next month I (will have known) Alice for 20 years. 5)The plane had departed (before) we reached the airport. 6)"Where's Linda?" "(She's gone) to bed." 7)By next April Jane (will have been learning) the guitar for seven years. 8)My father (had given) up smoking three years ago. 9)Your Chinese is very good. How long (have you been learning) Chinese? 英文が多く申し訳ないです。 ()の中の穴埋めです。一通り考えてみましたがいまいちわかりません・・・ ()内の訂正と、英訳も加えてくださると嬉しいです。 よろしくお願いします!

• 和訳をお願いします

長くてすみません 和訳をおねがいします in summer of 2005, a seventy-one-years-old Japanese man named Minoru Saito stunned the sailing world when he became the oldest man to sail all the way around the planet solo,without stopping at a single port. While these people are at the extremes of fitness, keeping active and strong is part of the Japanese lifestyle,and the Japanese love recreational sports. Popular sports around the country includ golf,soccer, baseball, tennis,snowbounding and skiing,as well as martial arts like karate,judo,and kendo. The fitness ethos is part of the workplace,too:many Japanese factories and companies encourage their days with exercise,such as a twenty-minute rooftop workout.