• ベストアンサー

なかなか簡潔な訳ですね

> The author, named XX, is an Arab Muslim woman born between Iraqi father and Cuban mother. She found, therefore, it was difficult for many people she met to understand her identity. とくに"born between Iraqi father and Cuban mother"は上手い訳だと思います。 ただし"Arab Muslim woman"の"Arab"は本当に必要でしょうか? 「アラブ系イスラム教徒の女性」という意味でしょうが、父親がイラク人だからアラブ系ということでしたら"Arab"は省く方がよろしいのではないでしょうか?

noname#236835
noname#236835
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • KoalaGold
  • ベストアンサー率20% (2539/12475)
回答No.2

イラク人全員がアラブ人ではないです。イラク人全員がもイスラムでもないです。その辺りを明快にした形容詞です。 少数ですがアラブ人でもないイスラム教徒でもない民族が迫害を受けながら今も暮らしています。

noname#236835
質問者

お礼

ですよね。 原稿らしき物には"Arab"に該当する語句が無いので変にしてはおかしいと思った次第でございます。 ありがとうございました。m(_ _)m

その他の回答 (2)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15294/33013)
回答No.3

#1です。補足です。 >>英文の元である上記の和文の方には"Arab"に相当する表現は入ってないんですよね。この和文を見る限りでは、英文に"Arab"を入れる必要があるとすると「父親がイラク人」という以外には無いことになりますので意味がダブりますね。 和文原稿の他の箇所で根拠となる記述があればまた話は別ですが。  あ、原文がなく、何が原文に書いてあったのか分からず、失礼しました、日本語が原文で「父親がイラク人」なら  > The author, named XX, is a woman, whose father is an Iraqi and mother is a Cuban. She found, therefore, it was difficult for many people she met to understand her identity. で十分だと思います。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15294/33013)
回答No.1

1。ただし"Arab Muslim woman"の"Arab"は本当に必要でしょうか?  はい。 2。「アラブ系イスラム教徒の女性」という意味でしょうが、父親がイラク人だからアラブ系ということでしたら"Arab"は省く方がよろしいのではないでしょうか?  下記のように Arab は言語上の分類、 Muslim は宗教上の分類なので、片方だから他方を省いても良いわけではありません。  言語・宗教両者の情報が必要なら、両方とも必要だと思います。   https://www.britannica.com/topic/Arab

noname#236835
質問者

補足

> 「筆者のXXはイスラム教徒の女性で、父親がイラク人で母がキューバ人である。彼女は、出会う多くの人が、彼女のアイデンティティを理解するのが困難であることを発見しました。」 英文の元である上記の和文の方には"Arab"に相当する表現は入ってないんですよね。この和文を見る限りでは、英文に"Arab"を入れる必要があるとすると「父親がイラク人」という以外には無いことになりますので意味がダブりますね。 和文原稿の他の箇所で根拠となる記述があればまた話は別ですが。

関連するQ&A

• 添削お願いします

The author, XX, is an Arab Muslim woman who her mother is Cuba and her father is Iraqi. She found it is difficult for people who meet her to understand her identity. 「筆者のXXはイスラム教徒の女性で、父親がイラク人で母がキューバ人である。彼女は、出会う多くの人が、彼女のアイデンティティを理解するのが困難であることを発見しました。」 こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• Mother Nature ?

Mother Nature 「母なる自然」という言葉がありますが、これって、何で母なんでしょうか? これに対応して、Father ~ がつくような表現はあるんでしょうか? また、英語圏以外でも同じような表現はあるんでしょうか? というのは、ある歌の歌詞の中に、 God bless Mother Nature, she is a single woman, too, .... みたいな箇所がありまして、 「そういえば、Father ~みたいな言葉ってあるのかなぁ?] とおもったもので。

• 冠詞について

"I was born in Brussels in 1929 to a Dutch mother and English father." "a"が"Dutch mother"にしかつきませんが、文法的に説明してください。

• Fortuneteller

宜しくお願いします。 下記文章はアメリカンジョークですが、 どこが面白いのか、ピンときません。 笑い所を教えてください。 Fortuneteller A man was wandering around a fairground and he happened to see a fortuneteller's tent. Thinking it would be good for a laugh, he went inside and sat down. "Ah....." said the woman as she gazed into her crystal ball."I see you are the father of two children." "Some fortuneteller," scoffed the man, "I'm the father ofTHREE children." The woman grinned and said, "That's what YOU think!

• smothering behavior

I grew up with an abusive mother who was very unpredictable. She went between smothering behavior and neglect. I grew up with an abusive mother who was very unpredictable. She went between smothering behavior and neglect. smothering behaviorとは何でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします。

They have passed a fortune-teller's booth and my mother wishes to go in, but my father does not. They begin to argue about it. My mother becomes stubborn, my father once more impatient. What my father would like to do now is walk off and leave my mother there, but he knows that that would never do. My mother refuses to budge. She is near tears, but she feels an uncontrollable desire to hear what the palm reader will say. My father consents angrily and they both go into the booth which is, in a way, like the photographer's, since it is draped in black cloth and its light is colored and shadowed. The place is too warm, and my father keeps saying that this is all nonsense, pointing to the crystal ball on the table. The fortune-teller, a short, fat woman garbed in robes supposedly exotic, comes into the room and greets them, speaking with an accent. But suddenly my father feels that the whole thing is intolerable; he tugs at my mother's arm but my mother refuses to budge. And then, in terrible anger, my father lets go of my mother's arm and strides out, leaving my mother stunned. She makes a movement as if to go after him, but the fortune-teller holds her and begs her not to do so, and I in my seat in the darkness am shocked and horrified.

• フランケンシュタインの訳

I was born at Geneva of a very distinguished family. My father who had always devoted his life to public affairs,was no longer a young man when he married. My mother was the daughter of one of his old friends, Mister Beaufort, who had lost his fortune and had gone away to live far from the city where he had once been a wealthy man. When my father learned of his frend’s misfortune and finally found his new home, alas, he had recently died, leaving his young daughter Caroline alone and penniless. My father took her back to Geneva and placed her under the protection of a relative. Two years later she became his wife. この文書なのですがうまく訳せないのでわかる方翻訳お願いします!! ちなみに自分で訳した文は 私はジュネーブで大変名高い家に生まれました。私の父はいつも公務のために人生を掲げていて、結婚したとき彼はもう若くはなかった。母は彼の旧友(ボーフォート氏)のうちの1人の娘でした。そして、その人は彼の富を失って、彼がかつて裕福な男性であった都市から遠く生きるために去りました。父が友達の不幸について知って、ついに彼の新しい家を見つけたとき、彼は最近死にました。そして、彼の若い娘キャロラインを孤独で文無しのままでした。私の父は、彼女をジュネーブに戻して、親戚の家に預けました。2年後に、彼女は彼の妻になりました。

• 日本語訳で困っています。

英語の日本語訳で困っています。誰か教えてください。お願いします。 (1)The writer clearly remembers how she was saved when she was two. (2)The writer's mother always watched her children carefully. (3)The writer's father wasn't at home when the writer had a near-death experience. (4)When the writer fell into the pool, her sister and her friend noticed but ignored her.

• her mothers friends?

大学受験用の参考書「英文解釈の技術100」の演習94番で分からないところがあるので教えてください。 問題の文章の一部ですが、Ever since her childhood she had been hearing her mother and her mothers friends talking of the new woman and the new woman's right to live her life as she chose. とあります。ここで、「母親の友人たち」と問題の解答で訳されている部分がher mother's friendsでなくて、her mothers friends となっている理由が分かりません。 宜しくご指導お願いいたします。

• 誰か訳をお願いします!

訳せなくて困っています。 翻訳お願いします。 Once upon a time, far below the shimmering surface of the sea, there lived a beautiful young mermaid named Ariel. Of all the merpeople who had ever lived, Ariel was said to have the most enchanting voice. Ariel was a princess, and her father, King Triton, was ruler of the undersea kingdom. every living creature in the ocean both loved and feared King Triton. Every creature, that is, except Ursula, the sea witch. Ursula hated the King. She wanted to sit on the royal throne herself, and vowed that one day she would rule the ocean. Until then, she would wacth and wait for an opportunity to make het move. One day a concert was held in the king's honor. It was no ordinary concert. This concert was to feature the king's own daughters--and it was to be Ariel's public singing debut. Sea creature came from far and wide to attend the special event. There were blue fish and blowfish, sea turtles and seahorses. Even the graceful flying fish frew in for the occasion. King Triton and his chief composer, of Sebastian the crab, arrived regally in there chariots. Bubbles of anticipation rose throughout the concert chamber. When all was ready,the audience became silent. Sebastian proudly stepped forward and raised his baton for the music to bigin. The king smiled as each of his daughters sang. But it was Ariel's turn, his smile disappeared: Ariel was nowhere to be found! Ariel! Triton shouted! His angry boice filled the concert chamber, but his youngest daughter was too far away to hear.