• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:よろしくお願いします)

How to Deal with Constant Criticism from Mother-in-Law?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Are you constantly being criticized by your mother-in-law? Learn how to deal with it and avoid emotional meltdowns.
  • Discover effective strategies to cope with your mother-in-law's negative comments and protect your emotional well-being.
  • Find out how to change your response to your mother-in-law's criticism and maintain your self-confidence.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • koncha108
  • ベストアンサー率49% (1312/2665)
回答No.2

It was the size tree we wanted,はどのような意味でしょうか? 「これが私たちが欲しかった大きさの木だったんです。」 sizeは名詞ですが、名詞+名詞でsizeが形容詞化して使われています。どう言う形容詞化と言うと、まさに「私たちが欲しかった大きさの」 あと、critical self とはどういうことでしょうか? selfは自我、自己。ここでは批判的な性格、性質みたいな感じですが自我、自己と言うともっと深く、良い日本語が浮かびませんが、根っからの、筋金入りの、本質的な、産まれながらの批判家、みたいな感じがします。 あと、cuts to the core of a woman’s identity and insecuritiesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします cut to は、直接来る、入り込む、とっかかる。 shortcutを思い浮かべると良いです。義理の母がの批判を聞かない様にしようとしてきたけど、彼女のさまざまな批判は、女性個人(自分自身)の人格や無防備な部分に直接関わってくる、切り込んでくる。 みたいな意味。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。It was the size tree we wanted,はどのような意味でしょうか?  我々が欲しかったのは、このくらいの大きさの(クリスマス)ツリーなのです。「なんです、このちっぽけなツリーは」と言う義母への反論です。 2。あと、critical self とはどういうことでしょうか?  このself は、その前の her と組み合わせになって、 herself になるもので「彼女の何にでも難癖をつける」が中に入った、ものです。 3。あと、cuts to the core of a woman’s identity and insecuritiesはどのような意味でしょうか?  (口汚い義母を迎えて)恐れおののいている、女性の真髄に切り込む、と言った意味でしょう。 

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• よろしくお願いします

I came home last night after a girls’ night out and noticed that my husband’s phone was not plugged in. I picked it up, plugged it into the charger and took a peek to see what’s happening on Facebook. I open it up and there I see a picture of one of his friends in a bikini, zoomed into her body and chest. I woke him and asked him about it, and he, in a sleepy daze, admitted that he used it earlier in the night to masturbate to. masturbate toはtoがなければいけないのでしょうか?なぜ必要なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• It is(was) ~thatの強調構文

以下の強調構文について質問があります。 (   )部分を強調しなさいという文です。 (1)He first met her (in Paris). (2)I will take my sister (to the bus station) tonight. それぞれ (1)It was in Paris that he first met her. (2)It is to the bus station that I will take my sister tonight. でしょうか。 それとも (1)It was Paris that he first met her. (2)It is the bus station that I will take my sister tonight. でしょうか。 日本語で考えると 「(1)彼が最初に彼女に会ったのは、パリでした。」 「(2)私が今晩妹を連れて行くのはバス停です」 ですよね。 でもそうすると、細かいのですが「in」と「to」を訳してないことになりますよね。 私が最初に考えた答えは、問題の指示通りにちゃんと「in」と「to」を残して(最初のほうの答えです)、日本語訳にするならば、上記のような感じで訳するのかなーと思ったのですが。。。。 どなたかお力を貸してください。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• make a spectacle of

I live in a Southern state, and our home is located in a community of houses that are built pretty close together. Our neighborhood is a mix of families and young professionals. My husband and I have a 15-year-old son and an 11-year-old daughter. Our newish neighbor is an attractive woman in her early 30s. I don’t know her very well, but she seems perfectly nice. My issue involves the fact that she likes to lounge naked by the small pool in her yard. I found out that you can see her from our backyard deck when I caught my giggling son and his friend pointing her out. My husband and I spoke with my son about respecting someone’s privacy, that he shouldn’t make a spectacle of it, or God forbid take photos of her. make a spectacle of itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• pension he'd paid into

My elderly father remarried after my mother died two years ago. He married an acquaintance who is 30 years younger at the courthouse with no friends or family in attendance. He told this woman beforehand that there was a large widow's pension he'd paid into for decades that he wanted to give to her by marrying her. a large widow's pension he'd paid intoはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 日本語訳で困っています。

日本語訳がわかりません。だれか教えてください。お願いします。 (1)My mom says it felt as though someone tapped her on the shoulder, but when she turned around no one was there. (2)It was then that she noticed I wasn't in sight. (3)She saw me in the pool, kicking and waving my arms in the air, trying to keep my head above the water. (4)She held me in her arms and thanked God that I was all right.

• よろしくお願いします

Around two years ago, after I had broken up with my girlfriend, I started going by myself to a live music venue. I started running into a woman I used to know. (Years ago, I had been interested in her, but she had a boyfriend, and I dropped it.) I dropped it.とはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My mother died 10 years ago. My father, "Lucifer," started dating "Rebecca" within a week of my mom's funeral. After two years, my father informed me that he was going to disinherit my brother and me in favor of "Rebecca" and her three spawn. I begged my father not to do this, and told him he'd never see me or my kids again if he married her and disinherited us. He said he didn't care, and went ahead. Fast-forward to the present. Rebecca has died, and Lucifer is trying to "mend fences." Meanwhile, he admitted to me that he has spent my mother's entire trust on Rebecca and her three spawn, so I am out the money I was supposed to get from my deceased mother after my father died. 1 ここでのspawnはどのような意味でしょうか? 2 entire trustのtrustはどのような意味でしょうか? 3 out the moneyはどのような意味でしょうか? 以上、よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I am a 24-year-old college graduate in my first serious romantic relationship. My experience with girls before this was extremely limited. I've been dating my girlfriend for over six months now, and she is wonderful. However, her weight has always been a minor issue in the back of my mind: She is not fat but she has a few extra pounds and this can be seen more when she's wearing fewer clothes. I love her and would never ask or demand her to change just for me, but I've been thinking more and more about how her weight bothers me a little bit. I'm a very thin guy and have naturally gravitated physically toward thinner girls. Until now, I have avoided talking about the matter with my girlfriend except in general terms about others, or the few times she has brought up and engaged with me directly on the matter. When her doctor told her she needed to lose some weight to be healthier, she was upset, although she did not disagree. So I spoke to my therapist and my roommate, and although they're both men, they both thought that if it was something on my mind and was making me a little uneasy that I should bring it up with her. I did, and she did not respond with as much understanding as I hoped. She felt hurt and a little violated, like the one guy who's supposed to love and accept her and find her beautiful just the way she is was attacking a part of her identity. She was shocked, confused and taken aback. She tried to explain how some issues are so sensitive, touchy and personal for women that they should never really be brought up for the sake of the satisfaction in the relationship. In all fairness, I did bring it up a little suddenly and not in the most tactful or direct way, but I didn't know how else to start a hard, uncomfortable conversation I was not looking forward to. She has genes that make it easier for her to gain weight and harder to lose. She has recently started going to the gym, and I was trying to support and encourage her to go more consistently. My question for you is: Was I wrong for not being sensitive to how women think? Should I have let it go if I considered it a smaller issue in our relationship? Would it have made a difference if I spoke to another woman to ask her thoughts beforehand on if and how I should bring this up with my girlfriend? Did I need to? I love her and she is very big on being honest and open and comfortable in trusting each other. Our relationship never hinged on her weight, but I just want to come out stronger. they both thought that if it was something on my mind and was making me a little uneasy that I should bring it up with her.のところはifをthat節で受けているのでしょうか?thatの代わりにコンマの方が自然ではないのでしょうか?あと、come out strongerはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

Dear Prudence, Recently, flying home from a business trip, the toddler seated on his mother’s lap behind me kicked my chair during the hourlong flight. I’m a mom too, and I know traveling with kids is hard, so I didn’t say anything. After we landed, I stood up to disembark and the woman apologized. I smiled but didn’t say anything; the woman turned to her companion and snapped, “Whatever! Kids are kids!” What’s the right thing to say in that situation? —Airplane Manners Nothing! Glorious nothing. A friendly smile is a totally appropriate response to a casual apology from a stranger. It would have been fine to say something like “I know traveling with kids is hard, it’s no problem,” but you were under no obligation to do anything other than politely acknowledge her apology. It sounds like this woman was more than a little on edge already, and you shouldn’t think your silent smile was the last straw that forced her over it. 最後のover itのoverはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• set up the raise

I am a 27-year-old woman in a male-dominated workplace (scientific field, very competitive). Last year, I was moved onto a project with a lot more responsibility. I asked if this change of role would come with more money, and my boss assured me that I would get a raise starting in January. He asserted this repeatedly, but I stupidly didn’t get it in writing. When January came around, he had done nothing to set up the raise. He said that he had made a mistake, and paying me more would not be possible, but I could compete for a higher-level position in 2018. I documented what happened and (after being encouraged by my supervisor) requested a meeting with my boss and HR. In the meeting, my boss attacked my qualifications and said I was “impatient” and “demanding.” The HR rep stayed silent. I felt like I was being punished for following up on a commitment he chose to make. set up the raiseとfollowing up on a commitment he chose to makeの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

このQ&Aのポイント
  • スキャン途中で動作が止まり、「電源を入れ直してください」というエラーメッセージが表示される。何度も電源を入れ直しても解決しない状況。
  • スキャンする部分が途中で引っかかっているように止まっている。機械的な異音がする。
  • お使いの環境はMAC OSであり、無線LANで接続されている。電話回線の種類はひかり回線である。
回答を見る