My Husband's Attention-Seeking Behavior When I'm Sick

このQ&Aのポイント
  • My husband of 15 years has the peculiar and annoying habit of developing various ailments when I get sick. While I have no need for pity or excessive sympathy on my infrequent sick days, a kind word and a helping hand would be preferred over having to engage in a ridiculous competition over who feels more crappy and who should get the most help from the kids.
  • His attention-seeking behavior includes complaining of sore throat, mysterious limp, irregular heartbeats, or other medical issues that overshadow my own predicaments in severity. He also increases his moaning and groaning during these times.
  • I have tried everything from ignoring his behavior to complaining, but nothing works. I suspect his behavior may be learned from his mother, who would always reclaim attention whenever someone else in the family stole the limelight.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

My husband of 15 years has the peculiar and annoying habit of developing various ailments when I get sick. Fortunately, this doesn’t happen often, but occasionally I will come down with a bad case of migraine headaches or a stomach bug. When this happens, my husband will invariably complain of sore throat/mysterious limp/irregular heartbeats or some other type of medical issue that overshadows my own predicaments in severity and attention-seeking behavior. He also steps up the moaning and groaning. While I have no need for pity or excessive sympathy on my infrequent sick days, a kind word and a helping hand would be preferred over having to engage in a ridiculous competition over who feels more crappy and who should get the most help from the kids. I have tried everything from ignoring his behavior to complaining—nothing works. I know his mom has done this very same thing most of her life to reclaim attention whenever someone else in the family would steal the limelight. steps up the moaning and groaningは「不平不満が増える」でしょうか?theは「いつもの」というニュアンスでしょうか?あと、reclaim attentionはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4112/5346)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。steps up the moaning and groaningは「不平不満が増える」でしょうか?  はい。正確には他動詞で目的語がついていますから「不平不満を増やす」でしょう。 2。theは「いつもの」というニュアンスでしょうか?  おっしゃる通りです。 3。あと、reclaim attentionはどのような意味でしょうか?  (お義母さんが病気だと同情される、周りの者が病気になると、その同情がそちらに移って行く)その(失われた)同情を自分の方に取り戻す、という意味です。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• All that to say

Dear Sugars, I write to you today as the new father of a beautiful baby girl and the husband of a lovely, supportive wife. I recently finished my Ph.D. and am in the midst of trying to land a job. All that to say, my life is full of the new joys of parenthood, a sense of completion, and the excitement of new horizons -- or at least this is what I imagine I should be experiencing. All that to sayはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My father is an alcoholic who abused me verbally, emotionally and physically during my childhood. I spent most of my 20s in the care of an excellent therapist and have a stable job, a good husband, and two sweet dogs. I’m happy to have left my painful childhood in the past, where it belongs. I opted to maintain a cordial yet distant relationship with my father rather than confront him or cut him out. I dictate the terms of our relationship and see him once or twice a month. My father hates this; he complains regularly that I don’t visit him enough and constantly tries to get me alone to bully me. What do you think, Prudie? Is my “cordial cool” stance the right one? Should I let him have it? Or is it enough that I even still speak to this man? 1 I’m happy to have left my painful childhood in the past, where it belongs.の訳を教えてください。 2 ここでのcordialは「友好的な」で良いでしょうか? 3 dictate the terms of our relationshipの意味を教えてください。 4 let him have itの意味を教えてください。 以上、よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I am 42 years old, and I have always been an optimist, I like to be happy, and strive to focus on the positives. I have a very stressful full-time job. My husband of 24 years has always been of the most negative people I know. Perhaps his negativity was easier for me to deal with before, but one of my brothers recently died after a short, and horrible illness, and my mom is slowly slipping away due to dementia. My husband of 24 years has always been of the most negative people I know. の和訳を教えてください。ofはどのような役割でしょうか?あと、slipping awayの意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 和訳希望です

I solicited your assistance in the most polite language. I am a dying woman who had decided to donate what I have to Charities I am 60 years old by age, and was diagnosed for cancer about two years ago immediately after the death of my husband, Life for me in this world so we can have a place in Heaven. I have been touched by God to donate from what I have inherited from my late husband for the good work of God, rather than allow his relatives to use my husband's hard earned funds ungodly. しっくりと理解できる和訳に奮闘しています。長文ですが、よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳してください!

今日、迷惑メールが届きました。もちろんすぐに削除しましたが、なんて書いてあるか気になります。翻訳お願いします。非常に長いので要約だけでも結構です。 件名:I am Mrs Victoria Hillman from Isle Of Man 本文:Here is my Biography/Donation for the work of God Calvary Greetings to you beloved in lord, Do not be marveled, but believe in God, with him all things are possible I am Mrs Victoria Hillman from Isle Of Man I am married to Late Mr Luke Hillman From England who worked as Gold merchant here in (Ghana) for nine years before he died. We were married for eleven years without a child. He died after a brief illness that lasted for only four days on 2006. Before his death we were both born again Christian. Since his death I decided not to re-marry or get a child outside my matrimonial home. When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of (USD$11.2M) Eleven million two hundred United state dollars as a fixed deposit in a general trust account with a Bank here in Accra, (Ghana) Here in West Africa. Recently, following my ill health my doctor told me that i will not last for the next Eight months due to my cancer problem. He said that there is going to be spread of this cancer to my bones and i will not live again, but the one that disturbs me most is my stroke sickness. Having known my condition i decided to donate this fund to a Church/Mosqe, Individual or Organization that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct herein and also according to the desire of my late husband before his death. Presently, this fund is still in the Bank. I want this fund to be used in liberation work Activities like, help to Orphanages, and Christian schools,Muslim schools,helping widows like me and up keeping of the Churches/mosque and propagating the word of God/Allah and to endeavor that the house of God is maintained. The Bible/Qur'an made us to understand that "Blessed is the hand that giveth" I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money and my husband relatives are not Christians and they are not Muslims also, They are spiritual,And since the death of my husband they have succeed seizing most of my husband properties,I don't want my husband's efforts to be used by unbelievers. I don't want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly way. This is why I am taking this decision. I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord. Exodus 14 vs 14 says that the lord will fight my case and I shall hold my peace. I don't need any telephone communication in this regard because of my health and hence the presence of my husband's relative's around me always and when i try to speak it leads to a serious coughing out blood. With God all things are possible. As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the details on how to contact the bank directly for onward transfer. I will also issue you an authority letter that will prove you as the present beneficiary of my funds. I want you and your family to always pray for me but the lord is my shepherd. My happiness is that I lived a life o f a worthy Christian. Whoever that wants to serve the Lord must serve him in spirit and truth. Please, always be prayerful all through your life, Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated herein.please kindly reply me with my private email as stated below victoria_hillman☆kimo.com Hoping to receive your reply, remain blessed in the Lord. Yours in Christ, Mrs.Victoria Hillman

• 文の構造

同じような英文でも、 (1)According to Clauses 18 of this Bill of Lading, the Merchant's attention is called to the fact (that) the liability of the Carrier is, in most cases,limitted in respect of loss or damage to the goods. という文なら、文の構造(どこからどこまでが主語で、どこが補語か)が比較的わかるのですが、 (2)The Merchant's attention is called to the fact according to Clauses 18 of this Bill of Lading the liability of the Carrier is, in most cases,limitted in respect of loss or damage to the goods. のようにされると全くわからなくなります。 (2)のような文で according to Clauses 18 of this Bill of Lading が挿入句になっているようなんですが、 ここが挿入句であると簡単に見抜く方法はあるのでしょうか?

• 仮定法について

I am sending two kids off to college, and my husband and I are able to pay for most of their tuition. I am allowing my children to go anywhere they want and study anything they wish. I do, however, expect that they maintain a GPA of 3.33 (B-plus) at the end of each academic year. I do not think this is unreasonable. If either of my children were to fall behind I would not withdraw funding completely but would contribute only as much as in-state tuition in our state costs. If either of my children were to fall behindのところはIf either of my children fell behindというのとはどう違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• guilted into doing this

I am a woman in my mid-60s. I was sexually abused by an older brother from the ages of about 8 to 11, although it may have occurred when I was much younger, also. I've pushed it to the back of my mind all these years; never told anyone except my gynecologist and a therapist a while ago. Despite this, I was able to maintain a reasonable relationship with this brother. Now he is quite sick and my two younger brothers expect me to join them in taking care of him. Quite simply, I resent being guilted into doing this. guilted into doing thisの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• take a pen to

My husband, a bright, sensitive, and creative sort, and I often travel together. One of his pastimes is to take a pen to the ads in the in-flight magazine. take a pen toはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I found myself extremely upset after reading a friend’s Facebook post recently, in which he admitted to taking a belt to his 2-year-old daughter in the hopes that it’ll teach her to sleep through the night. I find this behavior completely abhorrent. At 2 years old, a child barely knows right from wrong, and if you admit to striking your daughter with an object once, who says you won’t do it again? I’ve since deleted this friend from my Facebook and told my husband (who is also his friend) that I’m refusing to socialize with him. I have two dilemmas now as a result: The first is that my mom is urging me to report him to his local authorities for child abuse. How do I even do this, and am I obligated to? My husband doesn’t want me to because he doesn’t think the authorities will do anything about it, and this guy thinks that what he did was completely acceptable. (He and my husband talked and had to agree to disagree—he told my husband he used a cloth belt and not a leather one, and that’s why it’s OK.) My second dilemma is that this guy is the best friend of my husband’s best friend, and when gatherings are planned, this guy is always invited. I worry that if I’m forced into a social situation with this man, I’m going to tell him exactly what I think, and it won’t be pretty. I also don’t want to make it awkward for my husband and his other friend, and I don’t want to be a witch about things, but this is an absolute zero tolerance for me. it won’t be prettyとwitchはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします