• ベストアンサー

What,if~?

Examine Language;what,if you except some few primitive elements,what is it all but Metaphors,recognized as such or no longer recognized? 上記のwhat,if はWhat if ~?(ならどうだろう?)と同語でしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。上記のwhat,if はWhat if ~?(ならどうだろう?)と同語でしょうか?  違うと思います。 2。what が二回繰り返されている what is it all but Metaphors,recognized as such or no longer recognized? という疑問文に if you except some few primitive elements という文が挿入されている構文でしょう。

renrentipo
質問者

お礼

今回もわかりやすいご回答で大変参考になりました。ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• what is it all but Metaphorsと言う文の文型

what is it all but Metaphorsと言う文の文型(構造)の解説をお願いします! Examine Language; what, if you except some few primitive elements (of natural sound), what is it all but Metaphors, recognized as such, or no longer recognized? トーマス・カーライルという人の文章です。 「言語のことを考えて欲しい。(ごく自然な音という)いくつかの原初的な要素を除けば、あとはすべて……いまもそうはっきり認知できるかどうかはともかく……隠喩ではないだろうか?」と言う訳が付いているのですが、what is it all but Metaphorsの部分が、文法的にどういう構造になっていて、どうして「あとはすべて、隠喩ではないだろうか」という訳になるのか分からないので、その部分の解説をお願いします。

• 英語

Not only are there few speakers of these languages, but if we examine who the speaks are, we also find that they are largely old people. それらの言語を話している人々が少ないということだけでなくそれらの言語を話している人が誰なのかを調べれば彼らが主に年配の人々だとわかる。 訳があってるのか教えてください。

• Such a thing is unlikely to happen, but if it ( ), ....

お願いします。 適語を選ぶ問題です。 Such a thing is unlikely to happen, but if it ( ), what could I do? 1)would 2)can 3)will 4)did 起こる可能性はあるので 2)を選びました。 合っているでしょうか?

• 文の構文を教えて下さい

はじめまして。留学するためにTOEFLの学習をしているのですが、長文問題で、Such a business is usually small, having few if any employees.という文章が文の流れの中であるのですが、having few if any employees.に対する主語は、Such a businessだと思いますが、この文型はhavingを分詞構文と考えてもよいのでしょうか?あと、疑問文でも否定文でもないのにanyとなっていますが、someではないのでしょうか?教えて下さい。

• 下記の英文を訳してくださる方はいませんか?

Cognitive ability Old age is a time in which some cognitive powers wane, although others do not, at least not until a few years before death. Let’s examine what is known about memory and intelligence of the elderly. お願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします。

以下の文について、和訳をお願いします。 1. What good are written Constitutions if few know what is in them, if they are manipulated by lawyers, and routinely and detrimentally disobeyed by some without any penalty? 2. If we routinely ignore it what purpose does it serve? 3. Have Supreme Court cases helped or hindered the causes of African Americans and Native Americans? どれか1つでも結構です。よろしくお願いします。

• 疑問詞の問題教えてください

1(  )に疑問詞何が入りますか? (     )has become of the pen I put here a few minutes ago? 2間違いを教えてください (1)Why not do you ask your father if he can come with you? (2)What is it that they are so late in coming? よろしくお願いします!!

• 訳と解説をお願いします。

If you’ve gotten this far you probably have some idea what it’s about anyway, but I want to share a little more information with you. what it’s about anywayで挫折しました。 このaboutは何に対するものなのでしょうか・・・?

• that と but の用法

1. That I were dead. 2. There were few boys but would risk all for such a prize. 3. Justice was never done but some one complained. 4. Nothing remains but to die. 1. I wish I had been dead.  という意味で「死んでいたらよかったのに・・・」 2. few boys that would not risk all for such a prize. 「そのような褒美を求めたら全てのことを犠牲にしない少年はほとんどいない」 3. ... done if some one did not complain. 「もし誰もが不満を言わなければ正義は決してなされなかった?」 日本語としておかしくないですか? 4. Nothing remains only to die??? この文は構文すらわかりません。 回答よろしくお願いします。

• Louis Armstrong - What a Wonderful

Louis Armstrong - What a Wonderful World の 冒頭のセリフのところですが Some of you young folks been saying to me, "Hey Pops, what you mean 'What a wonderful world'? How about all them wars all over the place? You call them wonderful? And how about hunger and pollution? That aint so wonderful either." Well how about listening to old Pops for a minute. Seems to me, it aint the world that's so bad but what we're doin' to it. And all I'm saying is, see, what a wonderful world it would be if only we'd give it a chance. Love baby, love. That's the secret, yeah. If lots more of us loved each other, we'd solve lots more problems. And then this world would be の次が聞き取れません。いろいろ調べましたが、ほとんどが "better."と記してありますが、”a gasser.”と聞き取れます。すみませんが、本当は、何と言っているのか教えてください。