• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:よろしくお願いします)

The Day I Quit My Job and the Fear That Followed

cbm51901の回答

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.2

1. ここで "notice" とは "resignation notice" つまり「退職願」のことです。 The day that I decided to quit my last job and the day that I handed in my notice were almost 90 days apart. 前の仕事を辞めようと決めた日から退職願を提出するまで、90日近くかかった。 2. ここで "shit" とは「否定的な意味での(好ましくない)、こと、もの」を意味していると思います。つまり、意味的には "it" と同じですが、ネガティブなニュアンスを持たせているのだと思います。 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=shit&ref=sa [名詞 11.] But shit was getting scary. しかしそれは寒心に堪えないことだった。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• よろしくお願いします

I am in my late 30s, and after being stuck in the wrong career for, well, my whole career, I have made the decision to apply to full-time business school. It's scary and exciting, and something that will likely take me away from my hometown, where I have lived since college. The problem is that I'm the oldest of two daughters -- always the dutiful daughter, always available to drop everything to tend to my parents' (especially mother's) needs. drop everything to tend to my parents' needsの訳をよろしくお願いします

• カジュアルな英訳お願いします(その23)

英訳宜しくお願い致します。 1 一日に5文英訳しようと決めたけど、けっこうきついな。  Even I decided that at least I try to transfer japanese to english 5 sentences in a day, It's tough to me. 2 そりゃあそうだよな、英語だけでなく中国語も一日5文添削してもらう事に決めたから、  寝る時間もないよ。  It's true!! Even only English is so tough,stupid man like me decided I also try to transfer japanese to chinese 5sentences in a day. Oh! I have no time to sleep. 3 そんで、時間がちょっとでもあったら即どっちからでもいいから添削してもらうことに決めた。  Then, I decided that I have time,just then I transfer japanese to english or chinese. 4 でも、これのほうが今の自分の力がすぐわかるからいいかも。  But, I think that I can find my transfer skill immdiately. it's a good idea, isn't it? 5 これから英語と中国語のドラマ観なきゃ、オレいったい何やってんだろ?  I have to watch both DVD drama in english and chinese! What am I doing anyway? 宜しくお願い致します。

• 英語問題

今日この5つの文章を先生に見せたら間違っていると言われました。 1. The boy laid on the grass with their eyes closed. 2. There seem to be every hope that the paitient will get better. 3. As she had nothing to do, she decided one of the flowers in the garden 4. Bill handed me a small round box and told me open it. 5. I'm sorry to say that I have never bought a bunch of flowers my wife. これのどこが間違っているのでしょうか?

• 英文日記の添削お願いいたします。

A young couple was chav in appearance asked me to take them to a place in a car during driving in the middle of midnight. I listened to them through the window at first. However eventually opened the window and get them to hailed taxi despited I decided never to open the window and door. I talked a driver and handed them some papers. (cos they said that they had not enough money and it seemed true) They thanked me very much repeatedly. I found I felt regret for both my acts what I gave cold shoulder and what I opened the window when I saw that attitude. Such situations that force with a rang of choices often turn up in life. Wondering if my judgment was decent somewhat. 宜しくお願いいたします。

• 英文書き換えについて

It was such a warm day that they decided to go to the river. という文を It was too warm a day that they decided go to the river. に書き換えられますか? この場合、意味はどうなるのでしょうか?

• 英語の穴埋め、並び替えなどです。少し多いのですが、あっているか見ていただけませんか?

(1)いまは梅雨だ。 [ It's ] in the rainy season [ now ]. 洗濯物はちゃんと乾かないし、食べ物にはすぐ、カビが生える。 I can't [ do ] [ the ] [ washing ] to dry preperly, and the [ foods ] [ go ] moldy [ soon ]. でも少なくともカタツムリだけは梅雨が好きだろう。 But the [ snails ] must [ like ] [ it ] , at least. (2)昨日の晩、いつになく寒かった。 ... unusually ... night. ⇒It was unusually cold last night. 朝起きると風邪を引いていて、大学に行こうかいかまいかと迷った。 I woke up with a acold this morning, and couldn't [ to ] [ go ] or [ not ] I [ would ] go to school. 結局行くことにしたのだが、 ... end ... go, ⇒In the end, I would go, 大学に着いたら授業は休講だった。 but [ when ] I [ got ] there my classes [ were ] [ canceled ] [ today ]. (3)私は肝臓を少し休ませて上げようと1日だけ飲むのをやめることにした。 I ( give / drink / I / a day / decided that / my liver / a rest, / for / should / and not ). ⇒I decided that I should give a rest, and not drink for my liver a day. それからしばらくして灰も休ませてあげようとタバコを止めた。 Soon ( for / the same / did / smoking / after that / I / and stopped / my lungs, ). ⇒Soon I did the same for my lungs, and stopped smoking after that. そしてこんなふうに体に休養を与えるのはいいことだなと感じた。 It [ was ] [ good ] to give my body a chance [ have ] rest [ myself ] this. それから、私の頭にもお休みをあげることにした。 Then I [ want ] [ give ] my [ head ] [ a ] [ chance ] have a rest. 間違っているところがたくさんあるとは思いますが、わかるかた、見ていただけないでしょうか?よろしくお願いします。

• クリスマス関連の和訳です

I have bought a Japanese razor for my son,I have decided to buy one for myself.i hope to have the first one in about 10 day,s time.do maybe I will get the second one before christmas.

• 英文の答えを頂けないでしょうか?

この英文の答えを頂けないでしょうか? Q:Have you checked the library for that book? A:Not yet.( )←ここの部分 次の各組の文がほぼ同じ内容を表すように、()に適切な語を入れなさい (1)I decided to leave that town only a few days after I arrived there I ( ) ( ) staying in that town only a few days when I decided to leave it. (2)The last train hed left the station a minute before I arrived. I ( ) the last train ( ) a minute. (3)There has been a sharp increase in coffee prices this year. Coffee prices have ( ) sharply this year. 日本文の内容を表す英文になるように( )に適切な語を入れなさい。 (1)「どうして日本へ来たのですか」 "Waht has ( ) you to Japan?" (bで始まる語) 上のそれぞれの()に合う答えを教えて下さい。 お願いします。

• 日本語訳を教えて下さい

日本語訳を教えて下さい When I decided to send my son to a regular Japanese elementary school, my friends and family in America asked if I was worried about stereotype that bullying is worse in Japan. I bullying, I told them it's a told them my son would be fine. And at first, he was happy and learning well. なんとなくはわかるんですがはっきりとは理解できず、どなたか教えて頂けないでしょうか。

• 翻訳お願いします。。。

I had to do that at twelve because one day in 1975, my leg collapsed beneath me; I lost my leg to bone cancer. My tenth-place finish did a great deal to encourage people to understand“disabled”athletes as athletes first.