回答No.2

取り乱した気持ち(upset)を、子供達のために「我慢している」のです。 together は、心と体がバラバラにならないように抑えているニュアンスです。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• hold it togetherの意味

I have a wife and child who have to eat and have to have a place to live and the only thing worse than work is seeing them go hungry or evicted from our home (my wife doesn’t workbecause we both want her to stay at home with our daughter). At least I have been able to hold it together for their sake so far. hold it together はイディオムでしょうか?意味は何でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• hold it

I am having an issue with our 13-year-old bichon frise and am hoping that you can point me in the right direction. We adopted our dog when he was 1 year old, and he was house-trained. Until recently, our work schedule allowed us to walk him three times a day. Midsummer, my husband changed jobs, and we now are able to walk him only twice a day. It had not been an issue until recently. For the past two months, he has been going in the house nearly every day while we are at work. We have consulted the vet, and our dog was medically cleared. The vet suggested we sedate him during the day with a mild sedative, saying that should decrease the accidents. I have a few issues. I do not believe that it's right to sedate our dog just because he cannot hold it any longer. ここでのhold itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• feed into it

My husband and my mother had a good relationship before we were married. But since our wedding two years ago, he complains about her nonstop while pointing out ways that I am like her. My brothers feed into it too. feed into itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• It gets cold には怖気づくと言う意味があるのですか?

映画「エラゴン」のテーマ曲、Keep Holding On の歌詞なのですが、 You’re not alone Together we stand I'll be by your side, you know I’ll take your hand When it gets cold    And it feels like the end     There’s no place to go You know I won’t give in No I won’t give in となっています。だいたいわかるのですが、 it gets cold は「寒くなる」ではなく、「あなたが怖気づいても」 と歌詞カードには訳されていますが、そうした意味があるのでしょうか? その下の詞が it feels like the end なので、it が指しているものが、「状況」だと考えた場合、「ぞっとする凍りつくような状況になり、限界を感じても or もうこれで終わりだと思っても」ということなんでしょうか? それとも、気候的な意味合いで、やはり「寒くなり」なんでしょうか? よくわからないのですが、よろしくお願いいたします。

• has it together that well

I think we should start by acknowledging that we all have insecurities, especially when it comes to sex. We can all say we’re perfectly well-rounded and confident, but no one has it together that well. ここでのwell-roundedと has it together that wellの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I have been mostly happily married for 13 years. My husband and I get along really well, and I love him very much. That being said, he is not the most affectionate person anymore. We used to cuddle a lot when we were first married and I have told him how much I miss it. He says he doesn’t enjoy it because it’s too hot. He’ll make an effort to snuggle while watching TV sometimes if I ask, but I can tell while we’re doing it that he is counting the minutes until he can stop. snuggleとは具体的にどのようなことでしょうか?あと、while we’re doing it that のthatはどのような役割でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• itが指しているのは?

Have you ever called someone by the wrong name because you were thinking of that other person?(I don't recommend it if you're seriously dating or married) この場合は、it=誰かを別の名で呼ぶこと、it=本気でデートもしくは結婚する どっちですか?

• よろしくお願いします

My husband and I have been married for seven years, and I care for him deeply. When we got married, I sold my house and he kept his as a rental, because he wanted the rental income. We bought a larger house than I wanted, but he wanted acreage and a detached garage. he wanted acreageとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• "it'll be on with"の解釈について

こんにちは。 Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince [UK, adult版]p.460 の一番下の文に関してです。 ハリーは、マルフォイが何をたくらんでいるのかを探ろうとしています。 ‘And the moment I see him lurking somewhere with Crabbe and Goyle keeping watch outside, it’ll be on with the old Invisibility Cloak and off to find out what he’s –’ (あいつがクラッブとゴイルを見張りに立てて、どこかをうろついているのを見かけたら、いつもの『透明マント』をかぶって、あいつが何をしているかを突き止めに―) この文で、"on with"はどのように解釈すればよいのでしょうか? 透明マントを"かぶって"なら"on"だけでもいいように思うのですが、ここで"on with"となってるのはなぜでしょうか? また、透明マントをかぶって、突き止めに行くのはハリーなので、"it'll be"ではなく"I'll be"となるように思うのですが、ここでの、"it'll be"はどのように解釈すればよいのでしょうか? 教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• comings and goings

My husband and I have been married for 20 years. We've had our share of ups and downs, but always managed to work our way through them. Last year, he decided he no longer wanted to be married, saying the last 20 years were not all that pleasant and we have never really gotten along. (As far as I know, there isn't another woman.) My problem is, for the most part, he still acts like he wants to be married. He has made no attempt to leave, tells me his comings and goings, asks me to have dinner together, etc. tells me his comings and goingsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします