• ベストアンサー

何がはいりますか?

cbm51901の回答

• cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"what" ではないでしょうか。 Something had happened during his absence, of (what) nature he was ignorant. 彼の不在中に、その性質について知る余地のない、何かが起こった。

関連するQ&A

• 倒置でしょうか?

いつもお世話になります。 Never during his life was he to escape the consequences of his youthful mistake. 生涯の間ずっと彼は若いときの過失の結果を逃れられないことになった。 (1)heを強調する為の倒置でしょうか? (2)書き換えてみました。正しいでしょうか? He was never to escape the consequences of his youthful mistake during his life. (3)倒置とは簡単に言えば、強調のためにSVをVSに置き換えることですか? 奥が深そうなので、入口のところだけでもご説明いただければ助かります。 以上

• 文法問題を教えてください

He was responsible for running the company during his boss's illness. He took [ ] the management of the company while his boss was ill. この2文を同じ意味にしたいのですが、カッコには何が入るか教えてください。

• the social meaning of what had gone on was perfectly correct.とは何か?

Memory is an active mental process rather than a simple tape-recording of what has happened. In many ways, this is quite a hard concept to grasp, because we always feel as though we are remembering exactly what happened. But it’s true, nonetheless. (中略) One of the important witnesses in these trials was John Deane, a man who was considered by many to have an astoundingly accurate memory. During the trials, he related a number of very specific conversations which had taken place between the President and other people in the White House. Deane was convinced that he had recounted them accurately. However, later on in the trials, a number of tape-recordings of the same conversations were discovered.  The results were fascinating. In almost every conversation, John Deane’s recollection of what had actually been said was wrong. Different words were used, topics were mentioned in a different order, and sometimes particularly memorable phrases hadn’t actually been said at all. And yet, even though the details were all wrong, the social meaning of what had gone on was perfectly correct. Deane didn’t remember the details accurately, even though he thought he did, but he did remember what had happened. It was the meaning of the events which he actually remembered, and his knowledge of what it all meant influenced his recall of the details.   Nicky Hayes氏の Psychologyという本からの引用ですが、the social meaning of what had gone on was perfectly correct.という部分がよく分かりません。具体的に説明していただけますでしょうか?

• 英文解釈に悩んでいます

"which shoed a sign"以下で解釈に困っています。このwhich はいったい何用法でしょうか? He had a jaundiced view of the gay issue. He had no kith or kin, and noisome odor always came drifting from his armpits beside his cadaverous chest, which showed a sign of his protracted disease. He was a complete neophyte on this matter, but he had this odious habit of judging anything before him. He had given a reprieve of one month, so he was more cheerful and unassuming in his behavior than he had been a couple of months earlier.

• 英文の解説をお願いします。

英文の解説をお願いします。 下記の英文の解説をお願いします。意味はなんとなくわかるのですが、構造がよく分かりません。 she would have liked to have said something else about the accident,told them more about Scotty,that it had happened on the day of his birthday,Monday,and that he was still unconscious. ちなみにこの文章の前では、自分の息子であるスコッティが車に引かれて、昏睡状態であることが述べられています。 よろしくお願いします。

• 文の構造を教えてください

以下はある英語の物語の一部分です。 難しい部分には日本語の注釈がついている読み物です。 Was it anger at being found out? Was it fear that he now knew the truth? Or was it regret at something she had wished had never happened? 上文のsomething以下happenedまでの部分に関して、本の注釈に「起きなければ良かったと彼女が思っている出来事」と書いてありました。 その注釈が正しいとして全文の訳を以下のようにしました。 「それは、見つけられてしまったことに対する怒りなのか、 彼が今やその事実をしってしまったことに対する恐れなのか、 はたまた、起きなければ良かったと彼女が思っている出来事 (が起こってしまった事)に対する憾みの念だったのか?」 注釈が正しいとしてsomething以下の文章の構造を文法的にどう 理解すればいいのでしょうか? somethingはwishedの目的語となる先行詞でかつhad never happened の主語と考えようとしましたが、それではat以下が一つの文になってしまい regret at でなくregret that のような気もしますが? また注釈と違い「彼女が望んでいたことが決して起きなかった」ことに 対する憾み、という注釈とは逆の意味にも取れそうなんですが? 解説頂ければ幸いです。

• Would that he had.の意味は?

ある本を今読んでいますが、その中で分からない部分があります。 He took away his son, and that was the last XXX had heard of JJJ, even though, in the years following,he made a number of his own discreet inquiries to try to determine what had happened. Finally word came that the boy had died. Sitting across from him, XXX couldn't help thinking, Would that he had. The buzzing in XXX's ears, ......... XXXとJJJは人の名前です。 "Would that he had." は斜体フォントになっています。 質問は次の三つです。 1."Would that he had."の解釈。 2.何故、"Would"がここで大文字のWになっているのか。 3.何故、"Would that he had."が斜体フォントになっているのか。 難しいと思いますが、よろしくお願い致します。

• 英文の翻訳

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? 1つの段落の前半部分となります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 His father was a man who was Tall, and moderately fat with large eyes and black hair and a long banana or crescent moon shaped face. A proud looking man. He had trouble with one of his knees and his leg was a bit weak or crooked. He had a hospitable and generous nature. He tried to mould the minds of his children into the right direction in life. Married late in life to a woman of superior position and his past was not so good. He could be melancholic and liked to study or read in the silence of his own chamber with a lamp, which his children were not welcome to disrupt. He was stricter and sharp with the children when they were small. but, gentler when they were older and behaved better. He could be merry, eat drink and have fun and include the children. He felt happy amongst his family and children. He was intuitive and had a spiritual side.

• 長文ですが和訳をお願いします

Andrew Blackman had been a keen rugby player ever since he was a schoolboy. Of course he had received plenty of injuries over the year, but eveyone knew it was a tough sport. You might even say a little pain was all part of the fun. The fun ended one day in autumn when he was carried away from the field unconscious. It had been a particularly hard match. Ron Sullivan,a forward on the other team, had been tacking very aggressively and pushing too early in the scrums. At times the referee,Mr Simmonds,had great difficulty in controlling the play. Suddenly ten players had collapsed on top of Andrew during a scrum and the next thing he renembered was when he was in hospital unable to feel his legs. Eventually doctors broke the news to him: his lower body was permannently paralysed. He would never walk again,let alone play rugby. Even worse,he would have to give up his job. When he recovered from the shock Andrew decided to do something about his situation. To be sure rugby was a violent game,but he left there was no excuse for an injury such as his. In his opinion both Sullivan and Simmonds had behaved irresponsibly and he decided to sue them for negligence. Many of his fellow players were surprised by his decision. Of course they felt very sorry for Andrew. No one could doubt that he had been unlucky. But if you play a violent sport you have to accept risks. No one could be blamed for his unfortunate accident. Surely the court would not penalise Sullivan or Simmonds.

• 英語です。書き換える問題です。

次の文を指示に従って書き換えなさい。(関係詞は、関係代名詞と関係副詞のこと) 「」の中の単語は下線部がある単語です。 1.He lent me some books. I knew the books were difficult to read.(関係詞を使って1文に) 2.I will read ahy book. You recommend me to read books.(関係詞を使って1文に) 3.The thing happened during his absence.(彼のいない時に) He was utterly ignorant of its nature.(関係詞を使って1文に) 4.Bring me the magazines. I have left them in the room. we have been talking in the room. (関係詞を使って1文に) 5.A broad river, 「though I have forgotten its name,」 forms the northern boundary of the province. (下線部を関係詞whoseを使って) 6.Here is a machine of superior quality, and some parts of 「it」 have been manufactured in Japan. (高性能な機械) (下線部を関係詞whichを使って) 7.He was a young gardener 「of my acquaintance.」 (関係詞を使って) (私の知り合いの庭師=私が知っている庭師) 8.I bought a camera and sold it the next day. (I sold…で始まる文に) 長くなりましたが、頭のいい方、英語の得意な方、御手数ですがお願い致します。