off the tableとhooked upの意味

このQ&Aのポイント
  • off the tableの意味は「話し合いの対象外である」です。
  • hooked upの意味は「関係を持つ、二人で遊ぶ、性的な関係を持つ」など複数の意味があります。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

off the table

We’ve had a string of (really) bad roommates, but recently a good friend moved in with us. He’s amazing. He makes delicious coffee for us every morning. He cleans up. He’s a great guy. He moved in with us because he just ended a five-year relationship with his fiancée. Since he’s recently single and my roommate, he’s very much off the table, but this past weekend we got drunk and hooked up. off the tableとhooked upの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4107/5340)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。off the table の意味を教えてください。   下記の「引っ込み思案の、人と付き合わない」withdrawn or no longer available, as for consideration, acceptance, discussion, etc.と言う意味です。 https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/off+the+table 2。hooked upの意味を教えてください。  1と反対で、「噛み合う」> 腹を割って付き合える、と言う意味です。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• off-grid

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 18 months and moved in together about five months ago. We live in an apartment near the center of town. He’s always been interested in sustainability and environmental issues. Recently, he’s become interested in the tiny house movement, and we’ve now had a few conversations about moving somewhere rural and off-grid. ここでのoff-gridはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• hookup

I have a close friend I’ve known for 12 years (we’re both in our mid-20s) and we’ve been through a lot together. She dates a lot more casually than I do, but neither of us judges the other, and we both support each other’s approach to sex and relationships. Recently we met up for a night out and she brought a new hookup along. He was so drunk he was stumbling and slurring his words; ここでのhookupの意味を教えてください。あと、stumbling and slurring his wordsの意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• beyond the obvious

I live in a condo building with my girlfriend (we are gay), in a large city. We've lived here for three years. Our neighbors (a married couple in their 60s or 70s) have been rude and standoffish ever since we moved in. They ignore us when we greet them and typically just glare at us. We've always been considerate neighbors, so they have no reason to dislike us -- beyond the obvious. beyond the obviousはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• it's like he gets off

When we started dating, things were sparky, but after a year, he says he's stressed out at work anddoesn't want to have sex. We used to have sex every day! Lately it's once every two weeks. (I agree this is TMI, but it's like he gets off and that's that.) it's like he gets off and that's thatの訳をお願いします。

• rec department

My spouse recently found a stranger’s lost wallet, with a lot of cash and credit cards, and turned it in to the police station. The owner sent us a thank you note and a VERY generous check, I guess as a thank you for turning in the wallet with its contents intact. We don’t feel right taking the money, because we don’t need it and we don’t think we deserve a reward just for, you know, not stealing somebody’s money. We are inclined to donate the check to a local charity (maybe the parks and rec department because we found the wallet in a park) but are struggling with how to phrase a thank you note to the wallet owner. rec department とは何でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• findの訳し方を教えてください

findの訳し方がよくわからないときがあります。「思う」と訳せばいいと考えていますが、下の文のようなときは意味が通らなくなります。find の訳し方について教えてください。宜しくお願いします。 He moved between us and the door as he spoke.  中略 Slowly,the professor cooled down and moved away from the door. We were happy to find ourselves outside the house and in the quiet street

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

"And it also pisses me off because he's put STONE TEMPLE PILOTS through so much shit over the years, and put us through shit too when we were working with him. In 2008, that was all over with, so at this point, when he starts coming up with this stuff, it's like, whatever." ※ 『STONE TEMPLE PILOTS』はバンド名です。

• どのような意味でしょうか

My mother moved to be closer to us when we had a baby, who's now 2. She's not responsible with him. She gives him anything he points to and grunts. https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/carolynhax/s-2049224 ここでのgruntsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I’m in a long, slow breakup with my live-in boyfriend. It’s become clear our goals aren’t compatible and in the past few months his physical interest in me has faded to nothing. With our lease up in two months, I was hoping to part ways amicably. But last night while very drunk he said some odd things that set off my alarm bells, and I admit I gave in and peeked at his latest text. He is very clearly deep into a flirtation with a new male friend (I’m a woman), knowing it wouldn’t seem off to me to be hanging out with a new guy friend all the time. seem off to meはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I've been married for four years. My husband is a good man. He's really good to me, but lately it feels like our marriage is in a rut. We don't have any children, so I feel that some our attention should be focused on "us," but he stays on his computer all day, and when he's not on his computer, he's got his nose in his phone. I'm all about letting him have his "you time," so I let him do his own thing, and I go and do my own things, but I would still like some "us" time every now and again. he's got his nose inはhe's caught up inと同意でしょぅか?あと、I'm all about はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします