What is Data Science? Exploring the Ubiquitous Term

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Data science is a challenging concept to define, especially considering its widespread usage.
  • The term 'given' in a specific context is unclear and requires clarification.
  • The provided source, Python Data Science Handbook, discusses the difficulty in defining data science and the ambiguity of the term 'given'.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

この文のgivenの意味

以下の文の意味を教えてください。 "given"の訳し方が分からないです。 what is data science? It’s a surprisingly hard definition to nail down, especially given how ubiquitous the term has become. 出典:https://www.safaribooksonline.com/library/view/python-data-science/9781491912126/preface01.html#python-data-science-handbook-preface の冒頭部分

noname#250538
noname#250538
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9700/12066)
回答No.1

>"given"の訳し方が分からないです。 ⇒この"given"はifに似たような意味の接続詞です。「(もし)~と仮定すれば、~を考慮に入れれば」などと訳されます。 >what is data science? It’s a surprisingly hard definition to nail down, especially given how ubiquitous the term has become. ⇒「データサイエンスとは何か?それを厳密に定義するのは驚くほど難しいことです。特に、この用語がいかに普遍的になっているかを考えればなおのこと(難しいです)。」

関連するQ&A

• givenの意味

Q. Strict parents, bisexual best friend: I’m an 18-year-old girl living at home with my very conservative parents. They are very against gay people and seem to think they’re all monsters. I’m not able to live in the dorms when I go to college because my mother is afraid I’d end up with a lesbian roommate who would rape me. She also proudly recounts the time she talked a friend into a gay conversion camp. My problem is that my best friend is bisexual. I want to have her come over to study sometimes, but if my parents found out she’s bi, she wouldn’t be allowed in the house, and I don’t want her to have to hear my parents on one of their rants about how gays want to adopt children just to molest them. Is it possible to maintain a secret friendship with her or is it better to wait a few years until I move out of my parents’ house? A: I can’t imagine it would be very comfortable for your friend to study at your house if your parents are that often given to making wildly homophobic statements. givenは「好きな」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• any given-- の意味

any given の意味がわかりません。  They are likely to die in any given year. すこし前に any given Sunday というタイトルの アメフトの映画もありましたが あれも どんな意味だったのでしょうか?  お願いします

• givenについて

お世話になっております。 以下の文についてお教え頂けないでしょうか。 The WHO recomended continued vigilance and close monitoring given the population movement around Chinese New Year. (1)このgivenはmonitoringにかかるのでしょうか? (2)populationにかかるのでしたらpopulationの前のtheが邪魔と考えましたがその考えであっていますでしょうか? givenの意味がよくわからないので文法的に考えました。 (3)givenとtheの間にはbyのような前置詞がなぜないのでしょうか? 中国の鳥インフルエンザの記事の一部でございます。 ご教授の程どうぞ宜しくお願い申し上げます。

• Givenについて

以下についてお教えいただけないでしょうか? Given the huge cost, I am wondering whether we should launch this project. (1) 最初の文、S+Vが無いのは分詞構文にしているためと、理解しましたがあっていますでしょうか? (2)したがって、When I haveが省略されている考えましたがあっていますでしょうか? (3)もし上記があっていましたら、Giving the huge costと、giveがingになぜならないのでしょうか? すなわち、edとingの区別の仕方をお教え頂けないでしょうか? 何卒宜しくお願い申し上げます。

• given

"State clearly and boldly in your roommate application that the main (and perhaps only) thing you care about in a roommate is that their lifestyle will not cause undue problems given your sensitivity." この文にある"their lifestyle will not cause undue problems given your senstivity"の意味がよくわからないので、教えてください。

• givenについて

このコーナーでは大変お世話になっております。 以下の文についてお教え頂けないでしょうか。 It's a move that is widely seen as a gamble by the world's No.3 economy, given its soaring public debt. (1)givenは分詞構文と理解しました。  givenの前は、As it is が省略されていると理解しましたがあっていますでしょうか? (2)thatは関係代名詞で先行詞はa moveであっていますでしょうか? ご指導の程何卒宜しくお願い致します。

• Givenについて

以下についてお教え頂けないでしょうか。 Thank you for arranging to pick me up from airport on 9 October. Given that this will be my first visit to Lublin,a ride will be very helpful. 1)Givenのある文章は分詞構文であることはわかりました。 では、接続詞と主語は何なのでしょうか? すなわち、省略しない形はどうなるでしょうか? 2)givingでなくGivenになっているのは、文章が受け身だからなのでしょうか? 何卒宜しくお願い申し上げます。

• 次の文中の"given"の意味するところは?

次の文は、ある経済状況の芳しくない男性が、企業の面接を受けに行った時の話です。 They gave me the job on the spot and given my financial circumstance, at the time it was my only option. my financial circumstanceがこの男性の経済状況を指しているのは確かだと思うのですが、それを会社側が"give"するとはどういうことでしょうか。会社が「キミの経済状況はよろしくないみたいだねぇ、うちのオファーを受けるしかないんじゃないかねぇ」とプレッシャーをかけてきた、というようなことなのでしょうか。 また、なぜ過去分詞形"given"なのでしょうか?その前にhaveなどが置かれていないところを見ると、"given my financial circumstance"で一つの名詞句であり、それと"the job"が並列だということなのでしょうか。しかしそうすると、文の意味するところがよく分かりません。 詳しい方にご教授いただければ幸いです。

• given enough persistenceってどういう意味??

given enough persistence ってどういう意味ですか?文法として何句になるのかもよくわかりません。 the ability to get things done given enough persistence のように使われるようですが........ よろしくお願いします。

• given out

given out "The door prizes at a dance are gift certificates from local merchants. There are four $10 certificates, five $20 certificates, and three $50 certificates. The prize envelopes are mixed together in a bag and are drawn at random." この最後の文にあるgiven outってどういう意味でしょうか?