My Friend's Unsubtle Crush on Sophie

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Steve, our friend, has been giving Sophie some worrisome vibes due to his obvious crush on her.
  • Despite not being the most perceptive person, Steve usually has good intentions.
  • Please provide a translation for 'Steve has not been very subtle in his crush on Sophie. He’s not the sharpest knife, but he usually means well.'
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳をよろしくお願いします

My friend “Sophie” is worried about the vibes our other friend “Steve” has been giving her. We’re almost out of high school, and Steve has not been very subtle in his crush on Sophie. He’s not the sharpest knife, but he usually means well. Steve has not been very subtle in his crush on Sophie. He’s not the sharpest knife, but he usually means well. の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4107/5340)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

Steve has not been very subtle in his crush on Sophie. He’s not the sharpest knife, but he usually means well. の和訳をよろしくお願いします  スティーブは、ソフィーに夢中になっていることを繊細には伝えて来なかった、彼は一番切れるナイフではない。しかし悪気はない  スティーブがソフィーに「俺、お前に惚れちゃった」などと荒っぽい言い方をするのは。いわば頭がいいとはお義理にも言えないからだが、根はいいやつなんだ。  crush とは、下記のように、一時的、衝動的で熱烈な恋愛感情、のことです。   https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=crush

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 意味を教えて下さい。

He is not very well at the moment, he has 2 Ulcers on his Leg and is having trouble よろしくお願い致します。

• 和訳教えてください

Man has always been engaged in a two-fold struggle, with his physical enviroment and with mankind. In general, he has been winning the former and losing the latter. He has gained comfort, convenience and a reasonable degree of physical safety, but he has failed to achieve a peaceful world. He has conquered the elements and created scientific miracles, but he has not learned how to live with his fellow man. 和訳よろしくお願いします!!

• 和訳をお願いします

3 One of the people from the dormitory broke my tennis racket. He could not speak English very well so he said something like. "Domo, racket no good." He seemed to be very sorry. But he was saying domo― thank you. I got kind of angry! You can imagine. I lend him my racket, he breaks it and comes back saying, Thank you." Very surprising! Anyway, the following day he bought me a new one. The other day I was outside the dormitory waiting for Yoshitaka to pick me up. He was quite late, in fact more than 30 minutes late. Aren't the Japanese usually on time? Perhaps my friend was different. At last he turned up. "Domo, domo. Did you wait long?" He came at me waving his right hand. "These Japanese are really fanny people," I told myself. "He is Late and comes saying, Thank you, thank you.'" I was getting very confused. In this country do you have to say thank you for everything you do? I had already been in the country for four months and I still could not speak Japanese. But I wanted to sound as polite as possible. Therefore, I began to speak very strange sounding English. Here are some examples' 'Thank you, I was late." 'Thank you, he seems to be quite crazy." 'Thank you, this rain doesn't seem to stop." 'Thank you, excuse me." 'Thank you, I thought I saw Mr. Tanaka, but it was another person." "Thank you, he doesn't seem to understand." 'Thank you, it has been a long time since we met." 'Thank you, thank you." Everybody seemed to be very pleased when talking to me. "You am getting to be very Japanese," they used to tell me while uniting. Well, I thought, the English might sound strange to me. However, it, is very close to the way people speak here. So I kept talking l.hat way for quite a while.

• よろしくお願いします

My son's best friend since middle school has been living in my guest room for a couple of months now, since his 18th birthday. His home situation has been very unstable for the past few years since his parents split up, and he bounced around their houses until he turned 18, at which point he began to stay with us because he could no longer tolerate the situation with his parents. He is a really good kid, has a job and does well in school, got into college pretty much on his own, and just needs some stability. His parents know where he is, but do not check on him that I know of. bounced around their housesはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、that I know ofは何にかかっているのでしょうか?前に名詞がないのにこのような形がとれるのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします!!!

Its good that god has not created price tag for good friends if he would have ,i couldn't afford a friend like you. です!!何となくわかるのですがちゃんとした意味が知りたいです。 よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 和訳をお願いいたします

英文の和訳をしていただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の前半部分になります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Now let’s see what Jupiter has to offer. Jupiter was in Leo at your birth. It means you will have a large lavish wedding. You will marry a man of class who is much admired by others and has a prestigious position. A marriage that may be considered above you. So that you gain in status by it. He will also have a strong constitution. He has a need to appreciated to be seen to be of good reputation and well thought of. This sign usually makes a person is well educated, and well read. He may have the same name as a Royal Priest or ruling religious person.

• 時制の一致についてお尋ねします。higa

woma;Did you tell him I want to be his friend? man;Yes, but he rejected it. He said he can't make another female friend because he has a girlfriend. Apparently, his girl friend is very jealous type. ここで、 I want to be his friend?をwanted、. He said he can't make another female friend をcouldn'tとすれば後者は時制的に過去に時制の一致が起きていると思いますが、ニュアンスの違いはどう出るでしょうか? また、例えば近所の人に「腰の骨を折って入院していたとききました。」と聞く場合、I heared you you'd broken your back and been hospitalized.Has your broken back healed?とここでは過去完了にすべき(聞いた時にはすでに骨を折り入院していた)でしょうか?それとも、単に過去形で表すことも可能でしょうか? 解説よろしくお願いします。

• 源氏物語の翻訳について

いつもお世話になっています。 A.Waleyの”THE TALE OF GENJI”(桐壺)を読んでいます。 わからないところを教えていただいて 英語の勉強をしたいと思っています。 続きをよろしくお願い致します。 1) 『He could not remember his mother, but the Dame of the Household had told him how very like to her the girl was, and this interested his childish fancy, and he would like to have been her great friend and lived with her always.』 ●彼は彼の母親を思い出すことができなかった。しかし内典が彼女(藤壺)がどんなにとても彼女(母親)に似ているか彼に話し、そしてこれは彼の子供のような想像に興味を持たせ、そして彼は彼女の偉大な友だちになりたかったと思い、そしていつも彼女と一緒に暮らしたかったと思った。・・・・・? he would like to have been her great friend~・・・・would like toが「~をしたいと思う」で、have beenが完了形になっているので、ここは「彼女の偉大な友だちになりたかった」という訳になるのでしょうか? 2) 『One day the Emperor said to her, ”Do not be unkind to him.He is interested because he has heard that you are so like his mother. Do not think him impertinent, but behave nicely to him. You are indeed so like him in look and features that you might well be his mother.”』 ●ある日帝は彼女に言った。「彼に不親切にしないで下さい。彼はあなたがとても彼の母親のようだということを聞いたので興味を持っているのです。彼を無作法だと思わないでください、そうではなく彼にうまく(申し分なく?)振舞ってください。あなたは実に姿と形において彼のようなので、あなたは彼の母になるのももっともかもしれない」・・・・・・? 藤壺と光源氏は似ていたのでしょうか? he would like to have been her great friend~・・・・would like toが「~をしたいと思う」で、have beenが完了形になっているので、ここは「彼女の偉大な友だちになりたかった」という訳になるのでしょうか? 藤壺女御は光源氏の義母に(あたる存在に)なりますが、年の差があまりないですね? いつもより短めの投稿にしました。 よろしくお願い致します。

• 和訳お願いします。

英語がとても苦手でどういう意味か分かりません。 Hello. I'd love to talk with you, if you certainly not against it. Not know English very well, but gradually his teaching. Very interesting to learn about Japan, about the young and modern fashion. こんにちは、私はあなたと話したい? 英語は上手だけど、徐々に教えてあげるよ。 日本はおもしろそうだ。 ところどころしか分かりません。 あってますかね? 和訳お願いします。

• straightened out

Bud is 44 years old and owns his own business, but he does not save money. When I met him, he had nothing. Now he has $20,000 in a retirement account and another $5,000 in savings. He finally has his two kids pretty well straightened out, although they will never be exactly normal. has his two kids pretty well straightened outはどのような意味でしょぅか?よろしくお願いします