• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:tear someone a new one)

友人の怒りに直面する出来事

Nakay702の回答

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9712/12079)
回答No.2

>tear someone a new oneはどのような意味でしょうか?英語での説明はあったのですが、日本語の訳がほしいです。 ⇒tear someone a new oneのsomeoneは間接目的語で、「利害」を表します。 「a new oneを tear する行為がsomeone に利害を与える」ことを表す、といった感じの意味用法です。 She dragged me into the kitchen and tore me a new one. 「彼女は私を台所の中に引っぱり込んで、私の前で(私にあてつけて)新しいものを引き裂いた」。 彼への贈り物として彼女も私と同じものを用意していたのでしょう。私が先に渡して、彼は非常に喜んだ。彼女は落胆のあまり(半分悲しみ、半分怒りながら)私の目の前でそれを破り捨てた…という状況だと思います。 なお、他のヨーロッパ語では、このような間接目的語の用法を「心性与格」(あえて英語で言えば、ethical dative)と言うことがあります。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• コンマとアンドの使い方に関して 

We told him that he must say thank you , that when people present something for him , he must let them know he appreciate it. こういう英文って、コンマのかわりにandを使って We told him that he must say thank you and that when people present something for him , he must let them know he appreciate it. にしてはダメなのでしょうか???

• nuanced

My husband and I agreed not to give each other gifts for Valentine’s Day, so I bought him nothing. He bought a few small items and left them on the counter for me to find when I got home after 8 p.m. I tried to joke it off by saying, “I thought we agreed to not buy gifts.” His retort was snotty: “So I’m guilty of getting you something nice. I’m sorry.” After putting the kids in bed, an argument ensued. I told him I appreciated the thought behind the gift and thanked him for it, but shared that it makes me feel guilty for not reciprocating. He continued to apologize for buying something. I want him to understand that I’m hurt that he reneged on our agreement, not that he bought something. (This isn’t a financial issue.) I know it is nuanced and I seem ungracious, but he doesn’t see the difference. ここでのnuancedはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My boyfriend is wonderful and kind and a great listener and very engaging with me, but actively is bored by all of my friends. He’s been willing to accompany me on various trips/meals with friends, but usually ignores people and tells me how bored he was afterwards. It means a lot to me to have him involved in various parts of my life. I don’t ask it of him often (I know he’s very introverted), but having him come just to be a downer is maybe worse than just not having him along. All my friends want to meet him and to become friends with the person who has made me tremendously happy for the last couple years, but on the off chance we do all get together, he basically just looks at his hands! Is there some way I can get him to interact in a nontaxing way? 1 ここでのengagingは「愛嬌のある」でしょうか? 2 having him come just to be a downer is maybe worse than just not having him along.の和訳を教えてください。 3 nontaxingはどのような意味でしょうか? 以上、よろしくお願いします

• 日本語にして下さい

He's such a jerk! He had me on lock down and was accusing me of fooling around all this time but, all along it was him. How could I be so blind? And I don't understand how he could be so selfish and shallow. How can I be the psycho one when him and his friend made up a whole new name for them selves? Thank you again ◯◯ for understanding. I don't know how to thank you enough.  

• 意味を教えください

About a year ago, I went on a few dates with "Daniel." I had a great time and was interested in what might come of it, but after those initial few dates, he started to fade away: He took longer to answer calls and texts, conspicuously left town right before Valentine's Day, became markedly less flirty when we did talk. I chalked it up to loss of interest and was unsurprised when I stopped hearing from him altogether. About a month later, he got in touch with me to let me know he felt bad about ghosting me, and that he had done so because things had gotten serious with someone else he had started dating around the same time, "Kate." At this point, he was happily in a relationship with her, and said he wished me well. Last week, he reached out to me on Facebook wanting to talk about [something involving a mutual interest of ours], and we met for coffee -- not a date, in my understanding. There, I found out that he has since broken up with Kate. He didn't immediately ask me out on an actual date, but he did so last night -- and now I owe him a response. On the one hand, I still really like this guy as a person; all the things that attracted me to him last year are still true, and I'm still single. On the other hand, it stings that -- oversimplification alert -- something about Kate caused him to choose her over me when we had both begun dating him at the same time. I owe him a response.とoversimplification alertの意味を教えください。よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をお願いします!

和訳をお願いします! I think that he’s an incredible dreamer, incredibly naïve, he’s incredibly smart in what he wants to be smart at he’s one of those guys that knows ten thousand little things but doesn’t know much about one big thing and it was really fun, it was really fun to read and... Again there was something inspiring about it, there was something child like about it. There was something oddly brave about it and the thing that was very cool about the part to me was that he’s a simple guy and in his simplicity he doesn’t over think the world. And so he just lets the world happen to him and I think that that’s a blessing a lot of the time. ある俳優のインタビューです。 自分の役柄について聞かれ答えているのですが、どうしても意味が理解できないんです。。。 長文ですが宜しくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• acknowledge

The reason I ask is because a close friend of mine started seeing the school counselor a lot before summer, and he confided in me that it was because his mom was treating him poorly at home. I'm really sad for him, but I'm also confused by the examples he gave me of what his mom did to him: she always yelled at him; she would refuse to acknowledge him for two weeks straight; acknowledge himはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• If that does it

I have been friends with “Jon” for four years. He’s a great guy but not my type. Four months ago Jon got drunk, confessed his undying love for me, and tried to kiss me. I gently rejected him and got someone else to sober him up. The next day, Jon apologized. I told him I valued our friendship and since then, our things have gone back to normal—but several of our mutual friends are pressuring me to give Jon a chance. They ignore my refusals and try to sell me on him. One got very angry when I started dating someone new and accused me of stringing Jon along. I was honest with Jon, and I have tried to be kind (I don’t complain to him about my love life or anything). I have asked Jon several times if we are OK, and he said yes, but all this interference from our friends has left me with doubts. Jon and I have plans to go to France this summer with another friend, and I have spent a lot of money on nonrefundable tickets. Should I ignore all this or press Jon for more details? —Pining I don’t think it’s Jon you need to speak to right now. It’s possible that he’s been pretending to be fine while secretly complaining to your friends, but that’s not at all certain, and the people whose behavior is bothering you right now are your mutual friends—so tell them to knock it off. “I’ve been very clear with Jon from the start that I care about him as a friend and I’m not interested in him romantically. I’m not stringing him along, but I’m also tired of your attempts to convince me I ought to want to be with him. I don’t know why you think it would be a good start to a romantic relationship for one party to have to be repeatedly talked into it. I certainly don’t. You need to stop.” If that does it, great! If that does itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• push the subject

I have been with my boyfriend for four years and we have lived together from the beginning. He has always been secretive with his cellphone, but I knew the password and would occasionally check the time or look something up. We’ve had our trust issues with both of us doing things the other felt were major offenses (no cheating—that would be a deal-breaker for both of us), but I believe we’ve largely worked through them. I’m happy and satisfied with my relationship, with one exception: He blocked me on Facebook during a fight and refuses to re-add me despite the fight being over. He feels I was using it to “spy” on him. I simply get bored and scroll through his photos or occasionally look at his friends that like or comment on his page if I don’t recognize their name (he has lived all over the world and has many friends). He is fairly active on Facebook, posting photos of our dogs or sharing articles, funny memes, etc. I think it’s extremely embarrassing when a friend mentions something he posted and I have to pretend like I know what they are talking about. I also think it’s weird that he won’t allow me to be a part of the most public aspect of his life because he wants privacy. He thinks we can be in a relationship but not be friends on Facebook and when I try to talk about it he shuts the conversation down. Do I deal with it or push the subject? push the subjectはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 知らないうちに

知らないうちに、気が付かないうちに = before you knew it で覚えていたのですが、 米国の人に、「You use easy English for me, before you know it.」と言ったら、 通じませんでした。「自分で気が付かないうちに、簡単な英語を使っているんだよ」って言いたかったのですが、何が悪かったのでしょうか。 "before I knew it" means that you were busy doing something else, and without you noticing something happens example: I was eating candy while watching a movie, and before I knew it I ate ALL the candy in the box と丁寧に説明してくれたのですが、 I was planning to study English all night, but I fell asleep before I knew it. はOkayだというので、この場合の busy doing something else って何?って聞いたら、 before I knew itの説明は難しすぎる、と言って止まってしまいました。 (hmm sorry, I guess '"before I knew it" is hard to explain haha) ついでに、英辞郎にある、 知らないうちにそれをやっていた。 I did that before I knew it. はおかしいと言っていました。。。 (you can't use it like that)