• ベストアンサー

top off her tires

I work as a mechanic at a national tire chain and repair shop. On Monday, a woman in a Mercedes stopped by and asked me to top off her tires with air. top off her tires with airは「タイヤに空気いっぱい詰める」ということでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4112/5346)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

その通りです。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• top it off

I have been working as a server in a restaurant for the past couple years. On several occasions, guests have left me their phone numbers on the check, often along with a note expressing interest in me and asking me to text them sometime. I have never taken anyone up on his or her offer, as I am in a happy and committed marriage. (I wear my ring every shift, so I never know if these guys are just not paying attention or choosing to ignore it.) Recently, another server had this happen, and she did not text them, as she has a boyfriend. But then the worst-case scenario happened: The same guest came back a week later, was sat in her section again, was cold and rude to her the entire time (despite being with friends), and topped it off by stiffing her on the tip. topped it offはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• acknowledge her

One of my co-workers constantly interrupts when I'm having a conversation with other people. It doesn't seem to matter who I am speaking with or what the subject is. She'll interrupt in the middle of the conversation, and everyone must stop and look at her or acknowledge her. ここでのacknowledge herはどう訳したらよいでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• in her honor

I work in a small office (fewer than 20 employees), staffed entirely by women. This is usually a good thing, and we get along well and support one another. There is one employee, “June,” who has been with the company for three to four years, and who recently announced she is leaving to pursue an opportunity with another company. We congratulated her individually on her new opportunity, signed a group card each reiterating a similar message, and had a catered farewell lunch in her honor. After the lunch, another employee found June crying in her office. Apparently, June was upset that we hadn’t given her a parting gift in recognition of her time with the company. Now two employees are asking everyone to contribute toward a gift for June because of how upset she was. I have been at the company for 10 years, and to my knowledge, it is not standard practice for us to give gifts to departing employees unless they are retiring—which June is not. I don’t feel inclined to contribute toward a gift for a grown woman who threw a tantrum because she wasn’t offered a present. But if I don’t, I look like a “bad guy” to my colleagues who I have to continue to work with. Can I draw a line in the sand and opt out of a collective gift? in her honorとcollective giftの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• gave her a ring

A:How's your girlfriend? Is she all right? B:I gave her a ring last night and she was fine. の、「I gave her a ring」と同じ意味はどれかという問題で、選択肢に、 「I telephoned her」があり、これが正解なのは分かるのですが、 「I presented her with a ring」が不正解なのは文法的にまずいのでしょうか?

• with the sign off

I’m a 30-year-old woman whose parents got divorced when I was 15. My father has never been open about having a relationship since the divorce. I was visiting him a while ago and went to look up something on his iPad. His mail browser was open and I happened to see an email between him and another man with the sign off “love you.” with the sign offはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語

And they must have wondered how such a delicate-looking woman could work with naked, dead bodies. Her voice is beautiful. →beautiful her voice is. →How beautiful her voice is.(感嘆文) such a delicate-looking woman could work with naked, dead bodies →〃 →how such a delicate-looking woman could work with naked, dead bodies(感嘆文) こういう解釈ですか?

• ask for her company

"Must you wear those glasses?"  "Well, yes. The glare."  "The wearing of dark glasses," she said, "is a modern psychological phenomenon. It signifies the trend towards impersonalization, the weapon of the modern Inquisitor, it--"  "There's a lot in what you say." But I did not remove my glasses, for I had not asked for her company in the first place, and there is a limit to what one can listen to with the naked eye. Muriel SparkのThe Dark Glassesからの英文です。 (二人の女性が湖に歩いて来たところです) I had not asked for her company in the first placeの部分なのですが、 ここは、 私は第一に彼女に同伴することを求めなかった、でしょうか?(companyは動詞) それとも 私は第一に彼女の仲間(になること)を(自分自身に)求めなかった、でしょうか?(companyは名詞) どちらにもとれるのでしょうか? その場合は文脈から判断するのでしょうか? 前文は Coming to the edge of the lake we paused to look at our reflections in the water. It was then I recognized her from the past, her face looking up from the lake. She had not stopped talking.  I put on my dark glasses to shield my eyes from the sun and conceal my recognition from her eyes.  "Am I boring you?" she said.  "No, not a bit, Dr Gray."  "Sure?"  It is discouraging to put on sun-glasses in the middle of someone's intimate story. But they were necessary, now that I had recognized her, and was excited, and could only honourably hear what she had to say from a point of concealment. となっています。(前文の冒頭が物語の出だしになっています) 教えてください。お願い致します。

• “月に一度月曜日が休日”の英訳

withを使って“月に一度月曜日が休日”を英訳した場合、 with one Monday off a month with one Monday a month off の、どちらが正しい表現でしょうか? 宜しくお願いします。

• off at a university

My daughter is 19. Her boyfriend is 18. Over the summer, they were busted for smoking marijuana in her car. The officer gave them the option of letting just one of them take the fall. My daughter volunteered; I considered this a very bad decision. If this gets on her record she will lose her financial aid and college will be, if not impossible, very, very hard. Her boyfriend, however, comes from a very well-heeled family. Regardless, she said that she would take the citation and he would pay the fine. Well, the case has now been heard and it was plea bargained down to a lower offense, but it comes with probation and $700 in costs/attorney's fees. Her boyfriend has paid her $200. She says she is fine with that. I am NOT fine with that. He's well-off. She is broke, and is working while going to a local college. He's off at a university, and I think she's worried that if she makes a big deal about this, he'll reconsider the relationship. off at a universityはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳のお願い

a woman way less than flattering had a hard time with her husband's affair and dropped dead. 如何訳すのか分かりません 是非訳してください お願いします