• ベストアンサー

どのような意味でしょうか

cbm51901の回答

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.2

"milestones" とは「マイル標石」、つまりスタート地点から1マイル毎に(目印として)置かれる石のことです。 話者は40代半ばに差し掛かり、ここにきて遠近両用眼鏡(bifocals)を必要とするようになり、身体的回復にも時間がかかるようになり(slower physical recovery)、夜間トイレに行く回数も増え(nocturnal bathroom visits)、更には白髪も目立つようになってきました(gray hair)。要するに、40代半ばの人にとっての、年相応の変化が出てきた、ということです。 I'm nearing my mid-40s and hitting my milestones pretty much on mark: 40代半ばに近づいている私は今まさに、年相応の変化に遭遇しています。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 意味を教えてください

My wife and I adopted our grandsons, 10 and 12, due to our daughter's long history of drug addiction and arrests spanning over 13 years. She is again working and has set up house with another man. She wants to regain visits with the boys, but I am resisting getting back into the cycle of visits on a lot of different levels. regain visitsとgetting back into the cycle of visits on a lot of different levelsの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am a semiretired professional in a high-tech field, and my services are in demand. I work from home. Other demands on my time are housekeeping (I only do as much as I want, because we have help and money) and babysitting—my husband and I have two lovely grandchildren. Other demands on my timeはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am getting married this spring. This winter I have tried very hard to integrate my 6-year-old daughter and myself into my fiancé’s family since we don’t have much of one (only my grandmother is alive on my side, my grandmother is alive on my sideとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• shuffle

I moved away from family and friends 25 years ago, and now I make annual visits to my hometown, which include renting a car and driving four to five hours to see my best friend, "Freddie," from childhood. When we have house guests at my home, we all shuffle so that our guests will have their own room and bathroom. Sometimes the young adults will willingly sleep on the couch if there is no more bed space. ここでのshuffleはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 文の構造と意味の解釈で質問があります

この英文になります。 You seem to place great importance on space as part of the recording ... Because the microphones were running as I moved around the room recording, I ended up picking up a lot of room tone, feedback and incidental sounds. It wasn’t so much about the physical space and sound of the room but rather the fact that I was physical in and interacting in a space and those interactions and accidental bumps and knocks became part of the music. It wasn’t so much about the physical space and sound of the room but rather the fact that I was physical in and interacting in a space and those interactions and accidental bumps and knocks became part of the music. この部分がいまいちわからないのですが、 physical spaceやsound of the roomについて、というわけではないよ。むしろ、私は、physical in and interacting in a space and those interactions and accidental bumps and knocks であって、それが音楽の一部になったというわけさ。 こういった構造でしょうか?

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am more of a glass-half-empty kind of woman, so it is difficult for me to express myself otherwise. I always seem to want to talk about the what-ifs and my concerns and my personal outlook on things, which always differs from his. This upsets him very much and usually causes him to lash out at me, saying I need to stop this and start thinking about how it ruins the moment for him. ruins the moment for himとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I’m 40 now, but I still feel pretty young and decently healthy. When I was growing up, in a conservative social circle, I was an overweight and insecure guy who put way too much worth on someone liking me (I’ll own up to that as my mistake). I would get the nerve to talk to cute girls and then watch them walk away mid-sentence for some athletic guy. I would hear them talking about how cute so-and-so classmate’s butt was. But it was always ground into us guys that we should never disrespect women by thinking or talking about them as sex objects. ground into us guysとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします。

• この英語の問題がわかりません!

この英語の問題がわかりません! This (1) my father. And this (2) my mother. These (3) my sisters. We (4) ahappy family. I (5) in the Music Club. We (6) after school on Monday,Tuesday,Thursday,and Friday. Mr.Takahashi (7) us on Tuesday. We (8) on Weday,Saturday, and Sunday. I (9) avert good singer, but I like the ckub very much.

• 意味を教えてください

I am a Type-A personality, very competitive and goal-oriented. I took the hardest classes in school, received two degrees in college, and started working 80-hour weeks at 23 as a consultant—and loved my life. Now I am 36, successful, with a loving family and on track to make partner in the next year or two. My problem? I suddenly find myself waking up and not wanting to do anything. I guess you could call it burnout, but I am not unhappy, just ... lazy. After working so hard for pretty much my entire life, my logical side says walking away now when I am two years or less from partner seems stupid. walking away now when I am two years or less from partner seems stupid.の意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

Last night, I received my umpteenth call from my sobbing, devastated sister (mid-20s) over yet another semi-hookup-flirty-thing guy that didn't work out. He is moving away and she found out via an announcement at work, not from him. This is a years-long pattern. She falls for jerks -- i.e., they consistently bail on plans, girlfriends still in the picture, conveniently call only on weekends -- then is utterly devastated when it doesn't work. She's convinced she is "unlovable," "boring" and "ugly" even though she is a beautiful, smart, funny, successful, athletic, kind and thoughtful person. She says things like, "I can't do this anymore," and, "I don't want to do life if this is how it's going to be." bail on plansとdo lifeの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします