• ベストアンサー

strained

Nakay702の回答

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9711/12078)
回答No.1

>My relationship with his mother (my sister) is strained. >strainedはどのような意味でしょうか? ⇒「(彼の母親〈私の姉〉と私の関係は)ぎくしゃくしています。」

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• よろしくお願いします

My father is the worst person I know. He has been verbally and emotionally abusive to Sister and me all our lives, with the occasional dip into physical abuse. Sisterはなぜhis sisterではなくそのような書き方なのでしょうか?ここでのdipの意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My father has just collapsed from a cancer none of us knew he had. He is ailing, and my mother is absolutely freaking out. She has always had undiagnosed, untreated mental illnesses. Since his retirement, she has clung to my father. My sister is there trying to manage things while my father is in the hospital. ここでのMy sister is thereはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 中学レベルの英語のクイズ形式問題が解かりません

Q Which sentence is not confusing or ambiguous? 1. Is there a man inside with his sister and child, named Johnny? 2. His plan to study slowly was conceived by Bill. 3. The fish followed the bait and then bit it. 4. I found a picture of my mother in the basement. 答えは「3」です。 質問の意味からよく理解できないのですが、あいまいな文はどれかという事でしょうか? なぜ答えは「3」になるのでしょうか? 教えて下さい!よろしくお願い致します。

• plyの意味

My 20-year-old brother came out as gay last year; it wasn’t the biggest surprise and it didn’t bother anyone. His current relationship does. My brother is currently dating a man who is five years older than our own mother. He showers my brother with extremely expensive gifts, plies him with alcohol, and has taken him on spur-of-the-moment trips to Las Vegas. plies him with alcoholはどのような意味でしょうか?pliesはplyの複数形(?)ですよね。それらしい意味が辞書にはありませんでした。よろしくお願いします

• 中学2年生 英語

「私の家族は父と母と姉の4人です。」 My family is four people of, a father, a mother, and an eldre sister. これで合ってますか?と塾の先生に聞いたところ My family is four , father, mother, and an eldre sister. と直されました。 ただ母親(英語は一般常識レベルです)は おかしいのではないか・・・と言うので困っています>< My family is four people of, father, mother, and aneldre sister. これが正しいのでしょうか? 回答お待ちしております。

• 英語の語順について

母親と(彼の)生徒ととして(彼に)挨拶をした という文ですが I greeted him as his student with my mother. I greeted him with my mother as his student. With my mother I greeted him as his student. 語順で適切でない、英語として違和感のあるのはどれでしょうか 全部OKですか?

• よろしくお願いします

My wife and I raised two children -- a son who is a successful doctor and a daughter who is a multipost-grad botanist. We are 72 now, in moderately failing health and very successful ourselves. Our children were raised properly. We gave them all they would ever need to succeed and be happy. However, neither one is particularly interested in a loving relationship with us. Holidays together are strained. multipost-gradはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、successful ourselvesのourselvesにはどのような役割(意味)があるのでしょうか?あと、ここでのstrainedの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

Fifteen years ago my sister-in-law and I had a mutual friend, Barbie, who told me something unflattering about my sister-in-law. My relationship with my sister-in-law has been fractured ever since. I have since severed my relations with this friend for numerous other reasons, but Barbie is still good friends with my sister-in-law. Recently, I have felt that I should let my sister-in-law know how this woman betrayed her friendship by telling me her secret. Should I tell my sister-in-law or leave it alone and let her find out for herself? Seeing her buddy up to this person makes me crazy. Seeing her buddy up to this personはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語(日本語から英語へ)

( )内の語を並べ替えて意味のとおる文を作ってください。 1.He reads every day(busy/he/how/is/matter/no). たとえどんなに忙しくても、彼は毎日読書します。 2.She looks like his sister,(but/fact/she/his/is/is/mother/that/the). 彼女は彼の姉のように見えますが、実は彼の母です。 とくに2番の方がわからなくて困っています。 回答よろしくお願いします。

• 前置詞withについて

The gentleman is talking with a happy look on his faceという正解文があったのですが、解説に、 「~を・・・して」は<with~+前置詞の導く句>の形・・・☆ とありました。自分なりに考えると、ここでいう”前置詞”というのは「with」のことをいっていると思うのですがあってますか?(ひょっとしてon?)そして”前置詞の導く句”というのは「a happy look on his face」のことをいっているのでしょうか?「~」が「a happy face」で、「・・・して」は「on his face」であってますか? またThe girl with a red coat on is my sisterという正解文もあったのですがこれも☆の説明がありました。前置詞がwithで、前置詞の導く句というのがa red coat onであってますか? 自信がないのでよくわかられてる方、回答よろしくお願いします。