• ベストアンサー

foreclosed on

Two-plus years ago I lost my well-paying job. Shortly thereafter I had a grand mal seizure, which has left me partially disabled. After exhausting all my retirement funds (yes, I did save), I was foreclosed on. I was foreclosed on.の意味を簡単に説明よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4114/5348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • koncha108
  • ベストアンサー率49% (1312/2665)
回答No.3

be foreclosed on で直訳は「担保権を行使される」なのですが、殆どの場合「ローンを返しきれず持ち家を追い出される」意味で使われます。名詞はforeclosure。ここまでが簡単な説明で、以下は余談です。 アメリカの場合、家やマンション(condo)を購入する時にローンの抵当にその物件その物を設定します。もしローンの返済が滞ると金融機関に家を差し押さえられて即刻追い出されます。ちなみにその状態で出ていくことをwalk awayと言います。 仮にその物件の時価がローンの債務よりも安かったとしても、家さえ明け渡せばそれ以上の債務はなくなり自己破産しないで済むのがアメリカの制度。 実はこれが10年前のリーマンショックの直接の原因になりました。本来家の購入などできるはずのない低所得者層にサブプライムローンと言う高利のローンを金融会社が作り出し家の販売を拡大しました。結果住宅バブルがおこり家の値段が上がり、銀行も貸倒れのリスクが高まったのですが、物件は手元に残るのと債権が細分化して他社の金融商品の中に組み込まれ世界中に分散されたので銀行自身のリスクは高くなく、サブプライムの住宅融資をし続けました。そして家を購入した低所得層がローンを払いきれずにforeclosed on されてwalk away する事態が多発しました。そうなると抵当物件を転売しようにも安い値段でしか売れずサブプライムローンが組み込まれた金融商品や金融会社に対する信用が一気に落ち世界恐慌になったのです。

corta
質問者

お礼

勉強になりました。ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

わたしは2年ばかり前に高給の仕事を失いました。それからほどなくして悪性の発作に襲われて、身体の一部が不自由になりました。退職時に受け取る積立金 (それに手をつけずにいたので丸々ありました) を使いつくした後に、今度は担保の引き渡しを求められました。 という意味だとすると、foreclose は金銭を融通するに際して担保物件を設定して、元の金に利息を加えたものを返してもらえない場合に差し押さえをすることですから、書き手は金銭を借りるか何かしていて、その金を返却できないでいたのではないかと思われます。 * お示しの文を見た限りでは、上のような理解をいたしましたが、私の想像力の貧弱さから、間違った解釈をしている可能性もあります。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 動名詞の意味上の主語のある文

(1)He insisted on my paying the money. (2)He insisted on me paying the money. が 両方OK文なのは、わかるのですが、 (1)にすると(つまりmyです。)  He insisted on my paying of the money. ⇒ my paying で名詞あつかいにしてしまう。(ちゃんとした名詞は、paymentとかいうのは、わかります。)というので of をつけたりするのは、 どうなんでしょうか? やはり paying 分詞あつかいの目的語のthe moneyで ofなんてつけるのを考えるのは、論外なのでしょうか?   I was proud of his winning of the race. も同様の考えです。 どうなんでしょう? やっぱり I was proud of his (him) winning the race. ですか?  宜しくお願いいたします。

• よろしくお願いします

I am one of five middle-aged sisters. My father died four years ago, and shortly after, my mother moved to an apartment near me. As her health has declined, I've gradually become a partial caregiver. I am with her every day, sometimes for six hours or more. Mom insists on paying me. She can easily afford it. I was conservative with my hours, and the rate was comparable to in-home services. conservative with my hoursとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をお願いします

Please process the funds immediately and I will send out the item immediately thereafter based on your funded post of choice.

• I was on my back ...

以下の文は熊に襲われた人が襲われた状況を説明しています。 I was on my backとはどのような状況なのでしょうか解説お願いいたします。 I was on my back from when he pulled the gun out of my hands, and I put my feet up in the air as he lunged down forward at me. よろしくお願いいたします。

• grind on

I've had a crush on my brother's friend for years. I invited him to the birthday party I threw for my brother, and I also invited my best friend. Bestie had never met Crush before, but she knew of my crush. They spent the evening together, flirting and getting more touchy-feely the more they drank. She was grinding on him by the end of the night. ここでのgrinding onはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• retirement portfolio

My wife and I are in our early 50s and my mother-in-law died almost two years ago. My wife’s parents were married for 55 years, and as an only child she was close to both of them. The death was devastating for everyone. My father-in-law is a healthy and energetic 84-year-old with a comfortable retirement portfolio. retirement portfolioはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• it was on to pick up my refillの訳について

以下の文章の「it was on to pick up my refill」について質問があります。 1.文の区切りは、it was on / to pick up my refillで on と toの間で切れますでしょうか? 2.be on to 動詞でどのような意味になるのでしょうか? 3.どのような訳になりますでしょうか? To begin with, I needed to get some medications for my allergies. I’ve got hay fever, so I’m sneezing up a storm every morning when I wake up. While I was at it, I also got some antacids and some Band-Aids. Now it was on to pick up my refill. ご教授の程、宜しくお願い致します。

• on his own terms

My grandfather passed away three years ago. It was the first death in the family I’ve experienced. I was absolutely in bits when he died. He was very healthy all of my life until that point. He had an ongoing “flu” for a couple weeks that turned out to be cancer, and he passed within a month of letting all of the immediate family know about the diagnosis. He did not opt for treatment that would have lengthened his life, which I absolutely am grateful for. He passed on his own terms in his home. He passed on his own terms「自分が思うがままに死んだ」?でしょうか?どういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• rail on

After three years my boyfriend broke up with me. It was sudden, completely unexpected, and the reason for the breakup seems to have less to do with the relationship and more to do with his current mental state. I am constantly fluctuating between hurt, sadness, anger, and confusion. My friends have been the best. I cannot imagined having a more supportive network. However, one of my friends has decided to rail on my ex constantly talking about how awful he was, etc. rail on my exはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I am in my early 30s, and a few months ago I moved to a new city where, through a mutual acquaintance, I met a great man who I had a lot of chemistry with. Shortly thereafter he got engaged to his then-girlfriend. I have become relatively close with both of them, and they are both amazing halves of the couple. halves of the coupleとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします