• 締切済み

同等比較を使った一種の強調文?

(1) She told a police officer about the car accident as she saw it.この文に加筆して,(2) The little girl told a police officer about the car accident as much as she saw it. とした場合、同等比較を使った一種の強調文となるのでしょうか。 (拙訳) (1) 事故の様子を語った。 (2) 事故について見たままを語った。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

回答No.1

強調にはならず,「意味が変わる」と私は思います。 (1) She told a police officer about the car accident as she saw it. 彼女はその事故について「見たまま」をつげた。たとえば,「交差点で車Aが左折しようとしたとき(左側通行でね),横断歩道に歩き出していた歩行者Bと接触した」。車Aがウィンカーを出していたかどうか,歩行者用信号機が青だったかどうかなどは確認していない。 (2) The little girl told a police officer about the car accident as much as she saw it. 幼女はその事故について「見た限り」のことをつげた。たとえば,「あのね,キャーという声がしたので後ろを見たら,赤い車の横にころんだ女の人がいたの」。あんまり要領をえない(笑)。

関連するQ&A

• 文構造 bbcnewsから

A young girl accused of trying to kill her friend, in a plot she told police was inspired by the fictitious 'Slenderman' character, has been deemed mentally unfit to stand trial in America. in a plotからcharacterの部分の文構造を教えてください。she told policeは挿入句でそのため主格の関係代名詞が省略されているのですか? よろしくお願いします。

• この文でのasの用法

So it comes as something of a shock to be told by the experts that human beings have takun life about as far as it can go. 上の文で用いられているit comes asのasはどのような用法でつかわれており、どのように訳したらいいのでしょうか。

• 前置詞のつけかたについて

He told me about the accident.の英文では、the accidentの前に前置詞aboutをつけないといけないらしいのですが、He told me the secret.の文ではthe secretの前にaboutをつけなくても大丈夫らしいのです。一体どうしてでしょうか?どなたか教えて下さい。宜しくお願いします。

• 英語 選択問題 答え合わせをお願いします 2

下記、英語の選択問題の答え合わせをして頂けないでしょうか。 日本語訳も間違いがありましたらご指摘お願いします。 問4は考えても分かりませんでしたので、解答を教えて頂きたいです。 問1)The shop girl told the police that she ((1)watched) a scar on the robber's face. (1)watched (2)looked (3)noticed (4)wanted 店の女性は、警察に盗人の顔の傷を見たと話しました。 問2)The little boy ((3)injured) in the car accident was sent to another hospital. (1)to injure (2)injure (3)injured (4)injuring 車の事故で怪我をした少年は別の病院に運ばれました。 問3)My brother had only half as ((4)much) money as I had. (1)far (2)large (3)many (4)much 弟は私が持っているお金の半分しか持っていませんでした。 問4)They had a(   )long talk about old times. (1)good (2)much (3)plentiful (3)lot 彼らは昔のことについて長話をしました。

• told me (about) how の使い方

1) They told reporters how they escaped death in the accident. (about howでもいいのですか?aboutが省略されているのですか?) 2) She told me about how Brazil's omnipresent wealth and the starvation of the poor people brought about crime. (この文はtold me about howです。aboutは省略してもいいのですか?) about をつける、つけないで、文章のニュアンスが多少違ったりするのでは?と感じています。 ご存知の方がおりましたら、教えていただけますでしょうか?

• 以下の英文についてお尋ねします。被害届

「その警察官は彼女にセクハラの被害届を受理する準備はできているが、するかどうか真剣に考えた後で彼を訴えるように勧めた(アドバイスした)。」 The police officer told her that they were rady to accept her sexual harassment complaint,but advised her to sue him after she thought seriously about whether she should do it or not. after 後の表現で冗語的だとは考えるのですが意味を成しているでようか?またafter以降would thinkとはできないと考え、(時の副詞節中の未来willの過去形として)、またshe should think~ should do itとするのも冗語だと思うので、after thinking seriously about whether she should~.とするのもありかなとも(after前置詞用法)考えます。、「するかどうか真剣に考えた後訴えるよう勧めた」と表現するのに良い表現方法はありますでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• it ではなくthatの理由を教えてください。

it ではなくthatの理由を教えてください。 Ted was sad because he was going to change schools. When he told his friends about that, ......... 最後の about thatはabout itだと思いました。「he was going to change schools」これをitに置き換えて about itとするべきではないのでしょうか? 他のと比べてみて何が違うかわかりません。 But they didn't clean the place and went home. Masako saw it and became very sad. ここはsaw itな理由はわかります。they didn't clean the place and went homeを当てはめることができますから。同じように上の文もitだと思いました。

• I called the police, but it was some time before they arrived.

English Grammar in Use という本に、以下の文章がありました。 I saw two men who looked as if they were trying to steal a car.I called the police, but it was some time before they arrived. あとの文がどうもしっくりきません。どんな意味がどんな構造で表されているのでしょうか。英語圏での生活経験が長い方からのご回答をお待ちしております。

• この文の訳を教えてください。

"Nonsense," I told her. " He's a fine, happy boy and you know it." "But she is an expert in child care," Carolyn protested. "She must know." "Even experts can be wrong," I said. I told her of an incident that had happened to an editor I know. One cold morning a warning light in her car came on. She quickly stopped at a service station. "Don't worry about it," the mechanic who checked her car told her. "The light will go off as soon as the car gets warmed up." She knew the car, and knew the warning light had never lit up on any other cold morning——but the expert had said it was OK, so she drove on. It turned out that the radiator was frozen; she almost ruined the car. "I learned my lesson," she told me. "I should have paid attention to my own sense of the situation instead of listening to someone who was supposed to know." "And that's what you're doing with your son," I said to Carolyn. I was scolding her, but I was sympathetic too. The world has become so complicated that we're no longer sure of our ability to understand and deal with it. But common sense is as useful now as it ever was. No amount of expert knowledge can take the place of an intimate understanding of a person or a situation. At times you just have to trust your own judgment. It almost cost me my life to learn that. I was reading a book one day, scratching the back of my head, When I noticed that, in one particular spot, the scratching echoed inside my head. I rushed off to my doctor. "So think you've got a hole in your head?" He joked. "It's nothing——just a nerve." Two years later, and after seeing four doctors, I was still being told it was nothing. To the fifth doctor, I said almost in despair, "But I live in this body. I know something's different." "If you don't believe me, I'll take an X-ray and prove it to you," he said. Well, there it was, of course, a tumor as big as a golf ball. After the operation, a doctor stopped by my bed. "It's a good thing you're so smart," he said. "Most patients die of these tumors because we don't know they're there until it is too late." I'm really not so smart. I believe experts too easily. I shouldn't have listened to those first four doctors. It's hard to question opinions given with absolute certainty. Experts always sound so sure of themselves . この文の訳をお願いします!

• 以下の英語表現についてお尋ねします。被害届

「その警察官は彼女にセクハラの被害届を受理する準備はできているが、するかどうか真剣に考えた後で彼を訴えるように勧めた(アドバイスした)。」 The police officer told her that they were rady to accept her sexual harassment complaint,but advised her to sue him after she thought seriously about whether she should do it or not. after 後の表現で冗語的だとは考えるのですが意味を成しているでようか?またafter以降would thinkとはできないと考え、(時の副詞節中の未来willの過去形として)、またshe should think~ should do itとするのも冗語だと思うのですが、「するかどうか真剣に考えた後訴えるよう勧めた」と表現するのに良い表現方法はありますでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。