What is a career-type job? And what does 'it's come up that' mean?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Learn the meaning of a career-type job and how it differs from other types of jobs. Find out the benefits and challenges of pursuing a career-type job.
  • Discover the significance of 'it's come up that' and its usage in conversations. Understand its implications and how it can affect decision-making.
  • Join the discussion on the importance of choosing a career-type job and the impact it can have on one's lifestyle and social interactions.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

career-type job

I recently got a pretty good job and I live with my fiancée, who also makes a good amount of money. We’re living a pretty comfortable middle-class life. Many of my friends are still in school or not in career-type jobs. Several times it’s come up that I propose an outing or activity and they come up with something cheaper. career-type jobとは何でしょうか?あと、it’s come up thatはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4114/5348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • koncha108
  • ベストアンサー率49% (1312/2665)
回答No.3

career はいろいろな訳し方がありますが、簡単には職業。その中で経験を積み重ねて自分の社会人としての強み資産にしていけるような職業。専門職と訳すこともありますがそれに関わりません。逆に言えばパートタイム、単純労働、小売店の売り子とかはcareerとは考えません。 career-type jobは、そんな経験を積み重ねていけるような職業なのですが、日本語に訳すと、定職とか、専門性が要求されるような職、長期間の仕事とか。そのものズバリが難しいいですね。 最初のcome up と次のcome up with は関連せず違う意味で使われていますが、it's come up that ~ は「that と言うことが起る」。it ~ that ~構文でthat以下が主語。 2つ目のcome up withは頻出ですが、~を考えつく、思いつく。 Several times ~は、 「私がお出かけや一緒になにかしようと誘い、彼(女)らがなるべくお金がかからないものを提案する(思いつく)と言うことが何回か起こった。」

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (2)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

1。career-type jobとは何でしょうか?  (バイトとか、研修職のような一時的なものでなく、長く続ける)仕事 2。it’s come up thatはどのような意味でしょうか?  (一度ならず私がどこかへ行こうとか一緒に何かしようと言うと、それは高いから、もっと金のかからない何かを彼らが)提案する(ことがあった)

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

• aaabeck
  • ベストアンサー率9% (3/31)
回答No.1

career-type jobとit’s come up thatを検索すればいい

関連するQ&A

• job references

My Ph.D. supervisor was one of my job references until recently, when I asked a colleague (I finished my Ph.D. eight months ago). After a lot of struggle finding a position anywhere (let alone an academic one) I soon found a job that I liked after making that change. Last week, a mutual professional acquaintance of my Ph.D. supervisor and mine told me that she gave me bad references in the past, citing my “lack of ambition.” Ph.D. supervisorとは何でしょうか?あと、ここでのreferenceの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• cashiering job

I am 18 and in college, and I have a pretty good summer/vacation cashiering job. cashiering jobとは「レジの仕事」のことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

The song gets its name and story from the street Bono grew up on, but it began — like many U2 tracks — with a guitar riff the Edge came up with at home. In speaking about these initial steps, the Edge noted he sketches songs on GarageBand and works with drum loops Larry Mullen Jr. recorded for the demo process. "My job is to find a way to inspire Adam and Larry and Bono, so I don't often care to finish out a piece fully," the Edge said. "I just want to get something down that I think is a great starting point and then I know that whatever I come up with, they'll come up with something better. So I just need to get it going where its identity is clear and it's got some kind of vitality and point of view that's interesting."

• pay your dues

(about career path) But, when you think about where you could be in five years, you still have an interest. You can see a path forward, a job that will come your way, or a change in circumstance that happens after you pay your dues, and you feel good about it. Then you are OK, and can chalk job dissatisfaction up to a rough patch, a bad moment, or part of learning on the job. ここでの pay your duesとchalk job dissatisfaction up to a rough patchの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• My love does it good の意味

ポール・マッカートニーのMy Loveという曲の歌詞で My love does it good の意味がわかる方、 教えていただけますでしょうか。よろしくお願いします。 (歌詞の一部です) And When I Go Away I Know My Heart Can Stay With My Love It's Understood It's In The Hands Of My Love And My Love Does It Good

• よろしくお願いします

I got married five years ago. It has never been a great marriage, but it’s been pretty good. I love my wife most of the time. A year ago I made a very stupid mistake. I got an email from an old girlfriend. We emailed back and forth then met. We talked over old times, kissed a few times, and decided to not meet again. My wife found out. She got mad and told me to leave, so I did. I apologized, and she took me back under a few conditions. First, I had to let her have all my passwords and agree that she could read all my email. I agreed. She also wanted counseling. I agreed to that too. She then told me that I’d have to agree to never be out of her sight unless I was at work or she knew where I was (every outing would have to be cleared with her). We talked over old timesのoverはaboutと同じでしょうか?あと、every outing would have to be cleared with herの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• It’s more that

I’ve been a really bad friend. Last year, I was in a bad living situation. My best friend owns several properties and helped me out; he asked a long-term tenant to leave, refurbished the whole apartment, and then offered it to me at a steep discount so I could afford it. It’s literally the most beautiful, spacious place I have ever lived in. This coincided with a very intense romantic relationship I was caught up in—which, of course, broke up spectacularly when he stole my stuff and left the country. I realize now that I was really thoughtless. My friend did a lot of the renovations himself and spent thousands of dollars on necessary (but much-appreciated) upgrades. At the time, I was so focused on my relationship that I didn’t even think about pitching in. And now, looking back, I didn’t show up once to clean or paint, or even just bring dinner and say thank you. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve tried to be a good tenant and show my gratitude. He’s never said anything about it, and I don’t think he holds it against me. It’s more that I realized I really dropped the ball. It’s more thatはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳してください

アメリカのHFからこんなメールが送られてきました。   Hi Little Sister. Hope that school is going good. I am thinking highly on going back to school to finish my Holistic Health Degree. It will be a challenge with working and taking care of Joey but I need to further my education and get a better job so I can come to Japan and visit you and your family. Love you and miss you. サイトを使って和訳してみたものの、意味がよくわかりません・・・ どなたかわかりやすく和訳してもらえないでしょうか?>< お願いします

• a bag of worms

Over the past year or so, two things have happened: 1) after years of questioning and repressing various feelings, I’ve finally come to terms with my bisexuality, and 2) I’ve realized that I might be in love with my best guy friend, “Sam” (I’m a woman). Admitting feelings for a platonic friend is always a bag of worms, but my situation has an additional worm: a bag of wormsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• authority

I’m an officer on a boat in the tourism industry. I love my job and value guests who come back year after year. Some have been spending their vacations with us for longer than I’ve been alive, and treasure our boat and business. One of these guests, however, took a strong and immediate dislike to me last year. I’ll call them “Chris.” I’m already dreading the week Chris will spend with us this year—last year, they spent the entire time insulting me to other passengers and crew members behind my back, snapping at me to my face, and at one point cornering me and haranguing me about my personal shortcomings. Not professional shortcomings, mind; Chris admitted that I’m good at my job, but had a problem with my upbeat, easygoing demeanor. Because I am a young woman in a traditionally masculine position of authority, I get pushback like this fairly often but never with such personal dislike attached. masculine position of authorityの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします