• ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

I started a new job about six months ago and a group of women quickly welcomed me to their little circle. We have lunch and go out to happy hour every now and then, and have hung out on weekends completely unrelated to work. completely unrelated to workは何にかかっているのでしょうか?文法的解説をよろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4078/5306)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • koncha108
  • ベストアンサー率49% (1312/2665)
回答No.3

これはweekendsにかかっていると考えるべきなのでしょうね。意味的には分詞構文としてbeing completely unrelated のbeingが省略されていてWe have hung out を付帯状況で修飾すると考えたくもなりますが、カンマも入っていないし分詞構文の主語が何なのかも特定できず、 「仕事とは全く関係のない週末に」と考えるべきでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご返信が遅れました。ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (2)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9681/12037)
回答No.2

>completely unrelated to workは何にかかっているのでしょうか?文法的解説をよろしくお願いします ⇒have hung out「乗り出す、繰り出していく」にかかると思います。 「(週末などには)まったく仕事とは無関係に/無関係な状態で(繰り出していきます)」。 *(we) have hung out on weekends completely unrelated to workで考えます。 hang outは通常「完全自動詞」ですが、この場合は「(どのように)繰り出す」かを表す表現ですので「不完全自動詞」であり、その不完全性をunrelated「無関係になって」が補っています。つまり、この文は、S(we) V( have hung out) C( unrelated)の第2文型です。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご返信が遅れました。ご回答ありがとうございます

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15294/33013)
回答No.1

completely unrelated to workは何にかかっているのでしょうか?文法的解説をよろしくお願いします  completely unrelated to workは、 have hung around という句動詞を修飾している副詞句です。  ですから「仕事とは全く無関係に、週末を一緒に過ごす」ということでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご返信が遅れました。ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• give up my integrity

I’m closer to 30 than 25, bipolar (type II), and, most important, six days away from being six months sober. I am still learning what drinking three bottles of wine a night and passing out to reruns on Netflix for the last six years has done to me: I’ve given up my integrity; six days away from being six months soberは「6ヶ月のシラフ期間まであと6日」でしょうか?あと、given up my integrityの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• in the months leading up

My husband and I socialize with another couple that we met at a meetup about a year and a half ago. Six months ago, the husband invited mine on a guys’ hiking weekend. In the six months leading up to it, it was discussed often and always as a guys-only weekend. On the car ride there, my husband found out that some men were bringing their wives. I am furious at the couple for lying to me. I wouldn’t have wanted to go, and I wouldn’t have been upset that my husband was going, but I do think it’s a huge lie considering we talked about it no less than 10 times in the months leading up. In the six months leading up to itは「ハイキングまでの6ヶ月の間に」でしょうか?あと、最後のin the months leading upの意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 2、3日前からtumblrでエラーが出ます。

ダッシュボードとリブログページがすべて Error. There was an error processing your request. Our engineers have been alerted and will work quickly to correct any issues. Find out why you may have encountered this error. と表示されます。どうすればよいのでしょうか? ちなみにFind out whyという文字(リンク)をクリックしても表示しません。

• in come?

So here I was with somewhere between one and six months left to live, growing more melancholy every hour -- and then, all of a sudden, in comes Landy. この、in comesはliveの続きですか? そうだとしても、よく意味が分かりません。 前置詞の後に動詞ってあるんでしょうか?

• following

When I was 16, our family had a foreign student come live with us on a summer exchange program. He was also 16. He wanted to stay beyond his visa, so my parents arranged to take legal guardianship of him. It was very stressful having him move into our family. My mom and I constantly fought about his presence in our home. Six months following the guardianship, my dad moved out and my parents divorced. Six months following the guardianshipはSix months after the guardianshipと同意でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My boyfriend and I have been together for six years. Lately sex has become sporadic. First I was on my period, then he had to work early, then we were too tired to do it or not in the mood and it just spiraled from there. Now we’re looking at around six months without. But I’m OK with it. I’m happy with just hugs and kisses and curling up at night. spiraled from thereとはどういうことでしょうか?あと、curling up「体を丸くする」?cuddleとは違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語のニュアンスを教えてください

英語のニュアンスを教えてください Would you be able to meet for lunch is timing works out?

• 訳をお願いします。

He would often think out loud while I was there . Of course, he could have been talking to a bed or a chair just as easily. But it was now a habit was slower than his. But that served to make his own ideas come faster and brighter. This was my part in our relationship. When I arrived at Baker Street, I found him sitting in his armchair. His face deep in thought . It was clear that he was considering some difficult problem. He waved his hand for me to sit down. It was nearly a half hour before he finally looked up. Then he quickly turned to me and smiled. He welcomed me back to what was once my home. he could have been talking to a bed or a chair just as easily. He welcomed me back to what was once my home.上の二行の文でまず、could have been talking 、 just as easily、訳し方がわかりません。また、back to 、what was once my home 訳し方がわかりません。宜しくお願いします。

• portfolio

Alisha Ramos, 24, graduated from Harvard with degrees in sociology and history, and got a job as a consultant… and then she quit to learn how to be a front-end designer. She used savings to help support herself during six months of learning and also started taking on freelance work to build up her portfolio. ここでのportfolioの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします。

文構造がよくわからないので誰か英語が堪能な方和訳お願いします。 Substitute motor car,boot,suit of clothes , etc.,for skyscraper ,and one year ,three months,six months,and so on for forty years,and you have the gospel of any leader of any modern industry. Substitute~ は命令か 主語の省略(分かりきってる場合や一般のyouなど)でgospelは「絶対的心理」つまり「絶対に正しいこと」だと思うのですが… ちなみにこれは下線部なのですが、それを含めた全文はこうです。 Thanks to modern machinery,production is out-running consumption. Organized waste among consumers is the first condition of our industrial prosperity.The sooner a consumer throws away the object he has bought and buys another,the better for the producer. At the same time,of course, the producer must do his bit by producing nothing but the most perishable articles.“The man who builds a skyscraper to last for more than forty years is a traitor to the buildings trade.”The words are those of a great American contractor. で下線部のSubstitute motor car,boot,suit of clothes , etc.,for skyscraper ,and one year ,three months,six months,and so on for forty years,and you have the gospel of any leader of any modern industry.です。 よろしくお願いします。