The Impact of Internet on Communication

このQ&Aのポイント
  • The older generation believes that the younger generation is losing the ability to communicate due to excessive Internet usage.
  • Young people are often criticized for using emoticons and unconventional symbols in text messages instead of proper English.
  • In response, the younger generation embraces this change and humorously dismisses the criticism with phrases like 'lol.'
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

Yes, a bunch of blinkered old fogeys have got it into their heads that we young upstarts are losing the ability to communicate because we supposedly spend all our time on the Internet. We can't be bothered to write proper English. So we exchange text messages full of emoticons and weird symbols made up of cleverly arranged punctuation marks. To which I say, "lol." have got it into their headsは「思い込んでいる」でしょうか?過去分詞がgotなのはイギリス英語でしょうか?アメリカも使うでしょうか?あと、So we exchange text messages full of emoticons and weird symbols made up of cleverly arranged punctuation marks. To which I say, "lol."の和訳を教えてください。To which I say, "lol."の使い方の解説も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4112/5346)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9712/12079)
回答No.1

>have got it into their headsは「思い込んでいる」でしょうか? ⇒はい、そのとおりだと思います。 《(時代遅れのロートルたちは、我々若者について、通信する能力を失っていると)思い込んでいる》といった感じですね。 >過去分詞がgotなのはイギリス英語でしょうか?アメリカも使うでしょうか? ⇒おっしゃるとおり、「過去分詞がgotなのはイギリス英語」ですが、アメリカでもこの組み合わせの表現ではgottenとしないそうです。相対的にしか言えませんが、have ~が「(継続的に)持つ」のに対し、have got~は「(一時的に)持つ」の意で用いられます。 >So we exchange text messages full of emoticons and weird symbols made up of cleverly arranged punctuation marks. To which I say, "lol."の和訳を教えてください。 ⇒《そのため我々は、伝言文を、うまい具合に配置する句読符号などで構成する感情表現文字(絵文字)や奇妙な記号で置き換えてしまいます(と時代遅れのロートルたちは思い込んでいるのです)」。これに対して私の言うことは、「笑」です(「笑」しかありません)》。 >To which I say, "lol."の使い方の解説も教えてください。 https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/LOLによれば、 「LOL または lol は、laugh(ing) out loud(大きな笑い声)またはlots of laughs(多くの笑い声)の頭字語であり、(特に英語圏で)よく使われるインターネットスラングの一つである。日本語における「(笑)」に相当する。」 とのことですが、詳しくは、上記サイトをご覧ください。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• old fogys

2017年6月号Lesson6(4)のLyonsさんの台詞で”old fogys”「時代遅れの人たち」が出てきますが、それまでは” old fogeys”でなんとなく居心地の悪いスペルだったものが、最近、変わってきたのでしょうか。もっと以前は” old fogies”だったようですが。 段々と頭に霧の掛かりつつある身には、簡単な単語になるのはありがたいのですが、日本人的には、fogy⇒fogiesの単複変化の方が、馴染みがいい気がしますが。 Lyons: The paperless office will finally become a reality when the millennials take over from old fogys like me. They’ve grown up with digital photos, soft copy and smartphones. Paper is so old-school as far as they’re concerned. @2017年6月L6(4) Nissen: Yes, a bunch of blinkered old fogeys have got it into their heads that we young upstarts are losing the ability to communicate because we supposedly spend all our time on the Internet. We can’t be bothered to write proper English. So we exchange text messages full of emoticons and weird symbols made up cleverly arranged punctuation marks. To which I say, “lol.” @2015年5月L3(2) Kinkaid: And according to that scenario, we old fogies are “digital immigrants” who’ve learned to speak the same language as the natives but only with a heavy accent. And we’re probably doomed to never fully mastering the new digital technology. @ 2010年1月L21(2) ※OKWAVEより補足:テーマ「実践ビジネス英語」から投稿された質問です。

• 英語の和訳ですっ

英語の和訳なのですが苦手です よかったら教えてください Interestingly, the Internet is changing the nature of communication. People use symbols and abbreviations to help them write text message more quickly. Long expressions are shortened : for example, expressions such as LOL (laugh out loud), IMO (in my opinion) and AFIK (as far as I know). Emoticons are also widely used in e-mails and text messages. Emoticons are simple pictures of a facial expression that help the reader understand the writer's tone. For example, someone may write in an e-mail : Don't work too hard! :-) From the grammar of this sentence, a reader might think the sentence was a harsh command. However, the smilley face at the end tells the reader that the tone of the sentence is friendly. Emoticons are logographic. One emoticon (character) does not represent a sound or syllable. Instead, it contains its own meaning. Therefore, we can see that the example sentence uses two kinds of writing system : alphabetic (English) and logographic (emoticon). というものです よろしくお願いします!!

• このgotは?

hurry up! we've got to get out of here. このgotはなくてもいいのでは? と思いました。 分かる方教えてください(>_<)

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

So now to the source of the problem, besides the obvious/history of the band which we all know. So apparently there's been some bumps since they got back together, which we all knew, but the real source of the issue was around the Core anniversary. The band planned on doing the album, front to back, but nixed the idea when Scott didn't practice with them.

• 【整序問題】この文は×?(2問)

英語構文詳細(伊藤和夫著)からですが、 (1) [every great advance, to observe, opens our eyes, of science, we faild, which, to facts] 模範解答 Every great advance of science opens our eyes to facts which we faild to observe. では、 We faild to observe every great advance of science which opens our eyes to facts. は駄目なのでしょうか? (2) (設問省略) 模範解答 He saw a game the rules of which he was quite ignorant of. この問題で He saw a game of which he was quite ignorant of the rules. とするのはどうなのでしょうか? 片方だけでもかまいませんので、教えてください!

• 和訳して頂けませんか?

Just thinkin bout ya! I hope your safe and having fun!! I wanted to ask you that when ever you wanted to get rid of any of your wardrobe if I can buy them before you toss them!!Is that weird Lol!!?? I absolutely love your style of dress and jm tired of sweats! Lol!! i deserve better! So I am saving to do so! So please em remember meeee Keikoi!! Lol! Thank youuuu! Miss ya sis!

• 英語合っていますか?

英語合っていますか? 『あなたと友達になれて嬉しい。 自分から人にチャットしたことなくて諦めたんだけど、 実はあなたからチャットが来る1日前に 検索の所にあなたが出て来て チャットしようかしないか迷ってたの(笑)』 I'm glad to be friend with you, I thought don't send messages because I've never sent messages to people. Actually a day earlier when I got a message from you, I saw you search place I was mind that send messages or not lol

• 和訳お願いします!

Previously, the purpose of exchange was to get something that we did not produce ourselves ; and we were content to get something whose value was almost equal to what we gave up. お願いします(>_<)

• これらの文章は次のように書き換えられますか??

はじめて投稿致します。文法の事なのですが、We found the car of which the suspect is the owner.という文章をWe found the car which the suspect is the owner of.と書き換えることは可能ですか? もう一つあるのですが、There is a lake at which we were able to enjoy fishing.という文章をThere is a lake where we were able to enjoy fishing.またはThere is a lake which we were able to enjoy fishing at.と書き換えることは出来るのでしょうか?? 分かる方がいらっしゃいましたら、回答の程宜しくお願い致します!

• フレーズの意味を教えてください。

(1)You know we all love to just complain But maybe we should try to rearrange *There's always someone who's got it worse than you * Sweetbox の歌詞ですが、以下の内容であってますか? みんな不平を言うのが好きだわ だけど、(そんなやり方を)もっとましなものに変えないといけないようね あなたより、不運な人って必ずいるものよ *~*のgot it worseは上のように訳してみたのですが、合ってますか? (2)We're all so busy trying to get ahead Got a pillow of fears when we go to bed 私たちみんな人を追い越そうと必死よね(忙しく過ごしている) でも眠りにつくときは、(追い越される)恐怖が枕元から離れない。 pillow of fears っていうのは、特別ななんからのidiom なんでしょうか? ヨロシクお教えください。