Retired Male in Exclusive Relationship with Working Girlfriend: Concerns About Her Socializing with Ex-Husband

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A retired male in an exclusive relationship with a working girlfriend is concerned about her desire to socialize with her ex-husband, who lives in the same town. They have been divorced for eight years, but she wants to see him occasionally in a non-parental, social setting.
  • The couple has been exclusive for three years and despite living 300 miles apart, they manage to see each other every two or three weeks for at least three days. However, the retired male is now facing an issue as his girlfriend expresses the desire to socialize with her ex-husband, not just in relation to their adult children.
  • The phrase 'not just when it pertains to their two adult children' refers to the girlfriend's wish to see her ex-husband in a social setting that is unrelated to their shared parental responsibilities towards their adult children, who live out of state.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

I am a retired male. My girlfriend is still working. We have been exclusive for three years. We live 300 miles apart, but see each other every two or three weeks for at least three days and, until now, have had a very good relationship. The problem is, she's saying she wants to socialize with her ex-husband, who lives in her town. They have been divorced for eight years, but she wants to see him occasionally in a social setting, not just when it pertains to their two adult children, who live out of state. 1 We have been exclusiveというのは、「二人以外とは誰も付き合っていない」ということでしょうか? 2 every two or three weeks for at least three daysは「2、3週間に少なくとも3日」ということでしょうか? 3 not just when it pertains to their two adult childrenの訳を教えてください。 以上、よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4111/5344)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • koncha108
  • ベストアンサー率49% (1312/2665)
回答No.1

1 We have been exclusiveというのは、「二人以外とは誰も付き合っていない」ということでしょうか? そう言うことでしょうね。もし mutually exclusive とかexclusive each otherとかだと全然別の意味になりますが文脈からご理解の様に取る他ないでしょう。 2 every two or three weeks for at least three daysは「2、3週間に少なくとも3日」ということでしょうか? その通りです。もう少しはっきりさせると、2-3週間ごとに一度、少なくとも3日は会っている。 2、3週間の通算で3日以上ではなく1回3日以上。 3 not just when it 1 We have been exclusiveというのは、「二人以外とは誰も付き合っていない」ということでしょうか? 2 every two or three weeks for at least three daysは「2、3週間に少なくとも3日」ということでしょうか? 3 not just when it pertains to their two adult childrenの訳を教えてください。 彼らの2人の成人した子供達に関連した時(交流会)に限らず

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

1 We have been exclusiveというのは、「二人以外とは誰も付き合っていない」ということでしょうか?  はいそうです。 2 every two or three weeks for at least three daysは「2、3週間に少なくとも3日」ということでしょうか?  2、3週間おきに会い、その度に三日間泊まる、ということでしょう。 3 not just when it pertains to their two adult childrenの訳を教えてください。  大人になった彼らの(先夫と妻の間にできた)二人の子供に関してだけとは限らず(=子供とは無関係な、現時点での付き合い相手としても)  

関連するQ&A

• 初歩です、すみません。

(1)I have been to Italy for the last three weeks. これを I went で 始めよ、と指示があると I went to Italy for the last three weeks. とそのままforを使ってよいのでしょうか? (2)She has been waiting for you for a long time. 彼女への質問を Have you で始めよ、指示があると Have you waited for me for a long time? でいいのか 質問文に合わせ、Have you been waiting for me for a long time? とすべきかどちらでしょう? 会った直後、日本語なら「長い間待った?」と言いたい感じですが・・・。 両方とも皆様には簡単すぎて馬鹿馬鹿しいかも知れませんが、よろしくお願いします。

• every

アメリカから来た友人によくアメリカにかえるのってきいたらそんなにって言ったんで at what intervals do you come back to the us? どれくらいの間隔でかえるのってきいたら every three yearsって言いました。 私はevery third yearだと思ってたんですがどちらでも良いんですか? またevery two days every second weekでもいいんですか?? 私はevery second day every two weeksと思ってます。 すいませんが教えて下さい

• 英語で「三週間前の月曜日からここにいる」と言うには

「三週間前の月曜日の朝からここにいる」 自分で考えたものとしては、 1. I have been here since Monday morning three weeks ago. 2. I have been here since the morning three Mondays ago. 3. I have been here for three weeks, since Monday morning. があるのですが、agoを使っている時点で間違っている気がします・・・。 1に関しては、since Monday morning, three weeks agoというようにコンマを入れれば大丈夫なような気もしますが。 文自体をいくつかに分けて言えば言いやすそう(より一般的な自然な表現になりそう)ですが、一文で表すにはどのように言えばいいのでしょうか?

• for the past two weeks

for two weeksとfor the past two weeksの違いはなんですか? 例文は I've been on a diet for the past two weeks.

• 英語が出来る方、どうかお助けください!!

英語が出来る方、どうかお助けください!! 参考書で苦手な英語を再び勉強しているのですが、問題でわからない事があります。 「未来完了形の文に正しく訂正しなさい」という問題なのですが Jack has been sick in bed for two weeks by tomorrow. この文章の訂正後の答えは Jack will have been sick in bed for two weeks by tomorrow. となるようですが、なぜwill has been sickではなくwill have been sickとなるのでしょうか hasではなく、haveとなる意味がわかりません・・・。 初歩的なことですがわからずもやもやしています! 教えてください!よろしくおねがいします。

• 大至急、翻訳をお願い致します。

Memories of the three of us flying to Scotts lake Chelan cabin to go write for the new Wildabouts record. We were only supposed to stay for five days. We stayed for two weeks. We landed and immediately bought 5k worth of paintball gear, bear spray, night vision goggles and snakebit kits to prepare for what ended up being two weeks of paintball battle in the woods when not working on songs. Only 3 years ago... R.I.P.

• 英文の誤りを教えてください。

次の英文の誤りを直してください。 (1)Each of us have three children. (2)I have been to Europe three years ago. (3)I am looking forward to see you again. (4)"What language is spoken in Australia?" "It is English." (5)If it will be fine tomorrow, we will go on a picnic. これを解いてみると (1)Each→All (2)years ago→times (3)to see→seeing (4)spoken→speaking (5)will go→go になりますた。 でも、先生から間違っていると言われたのでどこが間違っているのか訂正も含めて教えてもらえませんんか。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Memories of the three of us flying to Scotts lake Chelan cabin to go write for the new Wildabouts record. We were only supposed to stay for five days. We stayed for two weeks. We landed and immediately bought 5k worth of paintball gear, bear spray, night vision goggles and snakebit kits to prepare for what ended up being two weeks of paintball battle in the woods when not working on songs. Only 3 years ago... R.I.P. Jeremy Brown

• 意味を教えてください

My husband and I love the great outdoors and have taken our daughter to every national park in the state. She is 11. My two sisters have girls of their own. We took them all for a week this summer to a lake to see how a cousins camping trip would go. to see how a cousins camping trip would goの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英語の得意な方、和訳お願いします!4

At the UN,Ogata worked for refugees. She did this not because she felt sorry for them. She did this because she believe that every person has basic human rights. She believes in the dignity of every person. Let's think about the words she has said about the human rights of children. All the children in the word have the same basic human rights. They have the right to live with their families,the right to go to school in peace,and the right to grow up in safety.