• ベストアンサー

whileの意味

while it is possible that much of our food will be grown in skyscrapers in future, most experts currently believe it is far more likely that we will simply use the space available on urban rooftops. ここでのwhileはalthoughと同じ意味でしょうか。 回答お願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.3

although を使うと,「摩天楼(高層ビル)で食料生産できる」という意見を,著者がはっきり否定しているように聞こえます。 while は,著者の判断をあまり表にださず,「小数意見もある」ふうに聞こえます。

その他の回答 (2)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

#1です。補足です。  ただ although ほど、逆説の理由がはっきりしない感じがします。 (い)Although as a student he just played mahjong, he won a Nobel prize.  学生の頃麻雀ばかりしていたが、彼はノーベル賞をもらった。 (ろ)While the dog chased the kitten, she was eyeing a humming bird.  犬は子猫を追っかけたが、子猫はハチドリを狙っていた。  両方とも日本語では「が」でもいいですが、(い)と(ろ)では、理屈が通るのとあまりどうでもいいのとの違いがあるようなものです。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

ここでのwhileはalthoughと同じ意味でしょうか。   はい、下記の接続詞の2が一番近いです。 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=while  ただ although ほど、逆説の理由がはっきりしない感じがします。

関連するQ&A

• 英語のwhileとalthoughについて

この英文なんですが、【】にwhileかalthoughが入るのですが、どっちかわかりません。 わかる方いたらよろしくお願いします。 This assumes equal concentrations of CO and CO2, 【 】from our experiiments, it is clear that CO is in greater abundance.

• 歌詞の意味が知りたいです

i can`t believe in love liken a mom i know it from the time i saw you that night,at sight kiss and snug never fabe away this is the must time,last vibes in my life, rib it "forever" youre my precious beby cant stop thinking of you i will love you forever

• 以下の英文の意味を教えてください。

The sea is always moving,even so much that our eyes can see it,simply because the air above it is moving.

• ワンセンテンスです。どなたか解説おねがいします。

It's certain that the winter as we know it most likely will disappear in the Northeast. 意味は分かります。 ネットで以下の文もヒットしました。 coffee as we know it most likely was discovered in Ethiopia A as we know it most likely 「私たちが一番なじみ深いAは」とイディオムのようにとらえていいですか? よろしくお願いします。

• 「ある意味、それは正しい」 を英文で書くには。

「ある意味、それは正しい」を英文で書くとするとこうでしょうか? (1) It is true, in a way, that he had done that. (2) In a way, It is true that he had done that. どちらでも大丈夫でしょうか? あるいはどちらかが望ましいのでしょうか? 判断のつく方いらっしゃいましたら、教えていただけると幸いです。

• 和訳希望

- Do you think it is a wise idea to go into business with your partner (a kind of business that you and your man will operate together although having a mind set that what stays for business stays for business and what is for home stay at home because it is a two different thing altogether) - Do you believe in an opened relationship? (this doesn't work for me as I believe in just one relationship cos I don't appreciate jumping from one bed to another) お願いします。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Nirvana has announced that they will release a 20th anniversary reissue of their 1993 album ‘In Utero’ this September. This announcement came as no surprise to Nirvana fans, as the band released similar anniversary reissues for Bleach in 2009 and Nevermind in 2011. Although Nirvana has not revealed any specifics about the ‘In Utero’ reissue, fans can look at the reissues for Bleach and Nevermind for hints. It is possible that the reissue will include live recordings, b-sides, demos, and more. It is also likely that Nirvana will release a remastered video of their concerts, possibly 1993's MTV Live & Loud, and will release this video on DVD and Blu-Ray as well as include it with certain editions of the ‘In Utero’ reissue.

• 次の英文を訳してください

Fancy living 100 years more? Some experts say scientific advances will one day enable humans to last decades beyond what is now seen as the natural limit of the human life span. An American professor says advances in manipulating cells and genes as well as nanotechnology will make it likely that humans will live much longer in the future. Many other scientists specializing in aging are skeptical of such claims. They explain that the human body is not designed to last more than 120 years. They add that even with healthier lifestyles and less disease, failure of the brain and other organs will eventually condemn all humans.

• 時制の疑問

I will see to it that everything is ready in time. (すべての準備が間に合うようにいたします。) 基礎的な質問かもしれませんが、どうして、 I will see to it that everything will be ready in time. とならないのでしょうか?

• 意味が分らなくて困っています

日本語の意味を教えてください While this process does not necessarily make wrong the saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder," what the idea of intrinsic value in art objects points to is that beauty, with all its passion, is a more complex issue than people usually think it to be. 特にwhat the idea of intrinsic value in art objects points to is that beauty, with all its passion,の部分をどのようにとらえればいいのかわかりません。