• ベストアンサー

オズの魔法使いの英文

悪い魔女がドロシーを見た時の英文です。何と訳しますか? She knew Dorothy was too simple and good to use her power.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • TIGANS
  • ベストアンサー率35% (244/680)
回答No.2

前後の文意を勝手に想定して 「悪い魔女が凋落するにはドロシーが余りに素朴で善良だと知っていた。」 か 「悪い魔女はドロシーが余りに単純なので魔法の良いカモだと知っていた。」 かな。  意味は正反対ですから前後の文意しだいですね。

kenji0730
質問者

お礼

TIGANSさん ご丁寧にありがとうございました。!(^^)!

その他の回答 (1)

• Chibi-kko
  • ベストアンサー率39% (93/237)
回答No.1

彼女は、彼女の力を使うにはドロシーは質素でいい子過ぎると知っていた。

kenji0730
質問者

お礼

Chibi-kkoさん ありがとうございました。!(^^)!

関連するQ&A

• 英文を訳して下さい

オズの魔法使いです。 She asked the Wicked Witch of the East to put some magic in my axe." "That was very bad of her," Dorothy said. 特にThat was very bad of herです。

• 英文和訳お願いします

英文和訳お願いします 自分で調べてみたのですが英文の和訳が分からなくて困っています。 But then she thought a little more, and said to herself: "Poor thing! she's very old, and her clothes are so shabby. It was my own fault. I put tempta-tion in her way. It would be too cruel to call the police and have her arrested. But I can't do my week's shopping if I have no money. お願いします。

• 難関大学の英語の和訳

次の英文の解釈と和訳がわかりません。どなたか手伝ってください… even though she was told the treatment would give her one-in-four chance of surviving, because she knew the ravages of the treatment and didn't think the odds good enough to endure it.

• この英文添削をお願いします。

以下の私の英文チェックをお願いできますか? (1)だからこそ父の言葉は彼女の胸に響いた。 That's why her father's words have touched her heart. (2)父は自らそれを止めたと思っているだろうが、もともと彼女にはそれをしようという気持ちはなかった。彼は彼女の気持ちがわからなかったのだろうか?父は娘のことをわかっているようで、でもまだ彼女がどういう人物なのかわかっていなかったのかもしれない。 Her father thought he stopped it but that not true. She was not going to do it. Didn't he know how she felt? He believed that he knew his daughter very well and he thought he knew what kind of person she is, but actually not. (3)それでも彼女の父に対する感謝の気持ちは残っている。 Even if, her feeling of gratitude to her father is still remaining. (4)しかし彼女の混乱した気持ちを整理するには時間が必要だった。 However, she did have to take a time to comoise (?) her thoughts. すみませんがよろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文を訳して下さい。

They may help you on your journey. なんと訳しますか? 前の方の文は以下の通りです。オズの魔法使いです。 "Go to the Great Wizard. You will be safe now," she said. Dorothy stopped crying and thanked the Good Witch. "Look, the Wicked Witch has turned to dust!" one of the Munchkins said to Dorothy. "Take her Silver Shoes, my dear. They may help you on your journey.

• The Dark Glassesからの英文です。

She had raised the bottle and was reading the label with her one good eye. "Yes, this is mine. It has my name on it," she said. Dark Basil, dark Dorothy. There was something wrong after all. She walked upstairs with her bottle of eye-drops. The brother put his hand on my elbow and heaved me to my feet, forgetting his coloured slides. "There's nothing wrong with your eyes. Off you go." He pushed me into the front shop. His flat eyes were wide open as he handed me my glasses. He pointed to the door. "I'm a busy man," he said. From upstairs came a long scream. Basil jerked open the door for me, but I did not move. Then Dorothy, upstairs, screamed and screamed and screamed. Basil put his hands to his head, covering his eyes. Dorothy appeared on the bend of the stairs, screaming, doubled-up, with both hands covering her good eye. Muriel SparkのThe Dark Glassesからの英文です。 主人公は15歳ぐらいの女の子です。 Basil=検眼士です。 Dorothyは検眼士の姉です。 主人公が検眼のためにBasilの店を訪れている場面です。 ------------------------------------------------------------- ●Dark Basil, dark Dorothy. There was something wrong after all. のところについてですが、 前回Basilと Dorothyの姉弟はグルになっていると主人公は感じ取ったのですが、 There was something wrong after all.(結局何かおかしいのだ?)と主人公が感じたのは、前回の場面で She had lifted down a small brown bottle. "I want my eye-drops. I wish you wouldn't displace--Are these they?" I noted her correct phrase, "Are these they?" and it seemed just over the border of correctness. という個所があり、"Are these they?"と正確に言い過ぎていることに由来している気がします。 なぜ正確に言い過ぎていることがDark Basil, dark Dorothy. There was something wrong after all.と感じとっているのかがよくわかりません。(それともこの正確に言い過ぎている場面とは関係なくDark Basil, dark Dorothy. There was something wrong after all.と思っているのでしょうか?) (質問がうまくまとめられずわかりにくくてすみません) ●Basil jerked open the door for me, but I did not move.の個所について open the door for…で、「(自分で開けられない人に代わって)ドアを開けてやる」とあったのですが、その前のjerkedは「ぐいと押す」という意味だと思うので、この英文の構造はどうなっているのでしょうか? 教えてください。よろしくお願いします。 前文は "That seems to be all right," Mr Simmonds said. "But wait a moment." He produced some coloured slides with lettering on them. Miss Simmonds gave me what appeared to be a triumphant one-eyed leer, and as one who washes her hands of a person, started to climb the stairs. Plainly, she knew I had lost my attraction for her brother. But before she turned the bend in the stairs she stooped and came down again. She went to a row of shelves and shifted some bottles. I read on. She interrupted: "My eye-drops, Basil. I made them up this morning. Where are they?" Mr Simmonds was suddenly watching her as if something inconceivable was happening. "Wait, Dorothy. Wait till I've tested the girl's eyes." She had lifted down a small brown bottle. "I want my eye-drops. I wish you wouldn't displace--Are these they?" I noted her correct phrase, "Are these they?" and it seemed just over the border of correctness. Perhaps, after all, this brother and sister were strange, vicious, in the wrong. となっています。

• 英文

以下の英文の翻訳お願いできませんか? (1)I had a sister who had diabetes. She died when she was 39. If she had lived a century ago, she would have been dead by the age of 14. Had she been born today, she probably would have lived a full life because gene therapy would soon be able to replace her defective genes. My parents told me Andrea had diabetes when I was a high school student in California. And later, I learned Andrea would have the disease forever and world be taking shots every day of her life so she could live. I knew it was serious. Without insulin, Andrea's cells would die even though she had plenty of sugar in her blood. Each day she would measure her sugar level and then inject insulin into her thigh. (2)Time passed, and I went to Colorado College. Andrea went to the University of Southern California. I think that USC was a good choice for her. She went to classes, parties, and maintained her California blonde good looks. She graduated, married a lawyer-to- be, adopted a child because of repeated miscarriages due to her diabetes, and got divorced--- a typical American story except for the diabetes. (3)Andrea died on the operating table at the age of 39. It was cardiac arrest, not an uncommon fate for diabetics whose cardiovascular systems were compromised. She had visited me to say goodbye ---except I did not know it. (4)One day Andrea came to Buffalo. We soon learned she was going blind. She told us that only an operation would help her eyes. Her physicians did not hold out much hope because of her lifelong treatment with insulin; although it had saved her life, it had also caused malfunctioning in her circulatory system. Her eyes were only part of the problem; her entire cadiovascular system was compromised. The operation, in fact, would be dangerous. (5)My sister was adamant. She had tried going to classes designed to help patients who were going blind. She said she would rather be dead than blind. She was going forward with the operation, which would be in a couple of weeks. (6)Andrea, along with the rest of my famiy,remainedin California while I was moving about the country getting an education, as well as being a wife and mother of children. I settled on the two opposite side of the country in Buffalo, New York.

• 以下の英文の訳を教えてください。

以下の英文の訳を教えてください。 Mr.Brown soon found out that she knew a lot about birds and everything there was to know about wildflowers.

• 英文を和訳して下さい

They say all good things comes to an end... a week was definitely way too short but im glad she got to meet my friends and family down here and got to experience life from my perspective. See you in April

• 英文について

長文で申し訳ないんですが、下の文をざっくりでいいので翻訳・解説してくれませんか? 自分で翻訳サイトなどに掛けてみても、意味がよく分からなくて、、、 I am a 59-year-old Japanese, born in 1941 (Showa 16). When I was a child, many of my teachers were very scary, probably because they had experienced the war. Unlike today, corporal punishment was allowed, so it was common to be slapped or punched. This was when I was in the sixth grade of elementary school (11-12 years old). One of my classmates was a girl whose family was poor, so she and her sister shared gym clothes for gym class. One day, however, her gym class coincided with her sister's class, and she didn't have any gym clothes because she had given them to my sister. I think it was an unavoidable reason, but the teacher did not allow the girl to not bring her gym clothes even though she had such a good reason. He ordered her to take off her plain everyday clothes , telling her that she was not allowed to take gym class in plain clothes. She took off her everyday clothes and attended the PE class in her underwear, that is, wearing only a pair of panties. Her classmates pointed and laughed at her shameful appearance in just her panties. Perhaps she was poorly nourished because of her poverty, her bare breasts weren't bulging at all. The girls made fun of her flat breasts, calling it "look like men". Also, a stupid boy took down her panties and tried to show everyone where her part which must be never seen(Fortunately, this ended in an attempt) She remembers feeling so embarrassed and humiliated that she almost started to cry. But she never gave in and gave her gym clothes to her sister on another day when the classes overlapped as well. It must have been an unbearable humiliation for a girl of her age to go to class almost naked and be seen by boys and girls of her age. She was a strong girl and was able to endure it, but an ordinary girl would not have been able to. I can only hope that there will never be another educator who gives this kind of education again.