Dating Someone Older: Should I Pursue or Let Go?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Reconnecting with a work acquaintance led to a business lunch that turned into a date. Despite the perfect compatibility in interests and lifestyle, there's a significant age gap and a striking resemblance to the person's father. The question is whether to pursue the relationship or let go.
  • The phrase 'think myself through' refers to self-reflection and introspection to understand and rationalize the age gap in the relationship.
  • The statement 'I really and truly don’t have any trace of an Electra complex to explore' means that the person does not have any unconscious desires or attraction towards their father or father figures.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

I recently reconnected with a work acquaintance and went with him for a business lunch that by hour two had subtly and unexpectedly morphed into a date. For me this individual is arguably the perfect man in terms of interests, experience and lifestyle — with the enormous caveats that he’s my father’s age and looks like him. In thoughts, feelings, sentiments, beliefs, habits and, thankfully, movement, they are unrelated, opposites even. But in height, build, hair and face, the resemblance, unfortunately, is striking. Age gap aside, which I think I can think myself through, I really and truly don’t have any trace of an Electra complex to explore. I am not into my dad. Do I send this remarkable person on his way, or do I grow the hell up and date an adult for once? 1 by hour twoはin two hoursと同意でしょうか? 2 think myself throughはどのような意味でしょうか? 3 I really and truly don’t have any trace of an Electra complex to explore.の訳を教えてください。 4 send this remarkable person on his wayはどのような意味でしょうか? 以上、よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4114/5348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。by hour twoはin two hoursと同意でしょうか?  ちょっと違います、最初の1時間が、hour one、その次の1時間が hour two となります。いわば「2時間目になると」、「60分たつと」、ということでしょう。 2。 think myself throughはどのような意味でしょうか? 下記では、次のように定義されています。  Consider all the possible effects or implications of something. https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/us/think_something_through  ですから、「(年齢差のことは)私自分で考えて、どんな結果になるかは見当がつく」ということでしょう。 3。I really and truly don’t have any trace of an Electra complex to explore.の訳を教えてください。  私には、ファザコンの痕跡を探っても、実のところ全くない     https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=Electra+complex 4。send this remarkable person on his wayはどのような意味でしょうか?  この素晴らしい人を旅に送り出す > この素晴らしい人を見放す

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• デモクラシーナウから

以下の文はダニー・グローヴァーさんへのインタビューの一部ですが、この文で、質問があります。 1)emergingは何を指して言っているのでしょうか 2)part of thisのthisは何でしょうか。 3)being a child... watching my parents...to come of ageはどう他の文とつながっているのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いいたします。 I had heard about him in high school. In fact, after his assassination, I got into a real kind of—one of the many kind of—few, not many—few kind of, you know, misunderstandings with my parents, when I started going to the mosques in 1955—in 1965, excuse me, 1965. And I think an emerging—that was a part of this, for me, being a child of the civil rights movement, watching my parents come of age, and to come of age themselves during the civil rights movements in various ways, through their union, etc., etc.

• in tandem with

I have a friend who thinks I’m her best friend, and I convinced myself of that for a few years. However, in tandem with a few years of therapy, medication, and ongoing self-growth, I have slowly distanced myself from her. in tandem with a few years of therapyはどう訳したらよいのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

But at this phase of my life, I want to write and not have to think about whether a song is going to be a hit. I want to explore the music that inspires me, and I don't want to ape myself.

• 英語の意味

(1)A space age spectacle awaits you, as a constellation of fluorescent props coalesce in a perfectly choreographed show. Quite simply out of this world. 「as a constellation of fluorescent props coalesce in a perfectly choreographed show. Quite simply out of this world.」はどういう意味でしょうか? (2)It’s one small step for man. One giant leap for mankind...And one significant amount of dancing. Join our space age party for a truly stellar experience. 「stellar experience」ってどういう意味でしょうか?

• 文法お願いします

The speed( )this digital camera can transmit an image is remarkable. (1)of (2)how (3)of which (4)with which ( )にどれが当てはまりますか? 根拠もつけて回答お願いします

• 英文の理解を助けてください

「☆」以下の意味がよくわかりません。結局1時間当たり60ドルのところを、50%オフにしてあげるよといっているのでしょうか? I would be able to book you for the month of September. However, I would have to postpone a few projects and clear my regular teaching schedule. With this in mind I would need a down payment of %50. ☆ The remainder paid at the beginning of each week after the first 2 weeks of study. The total for 4 weeks at 40 hours per week for $60 per hour would be $9,600. So the total deposit will be $4,800 dollars. また、以下の文章のthe eveningsというのは、月火水木金土日の夜ということですか?それとも、週末の夜? I will also provide you with an equipment to practice with on the weekends and the evenings.

• psych himself out of

I know he feels like shit for letting this happen, and when he’s depressed he loses his sense of ambition/faith in himself and psychs himself out of even applying for jobs, but he won’t even take half an hour to write down a few things he would just like to have in a new or additional job. psychs himself out of とはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 文章の間違いを指摘し、文法的に説明して下さい。

次の3つの文章の間違いを指摘し、文法的に説明して下さい。 (1) In my opinion, the most important subject in all is home economics. Most student don't think it is important. Because it is not necessary to a university entrance exam. However, what we learn this subject, for example, cooking and sewing, is necessary things of daily life. We will surely be able to use these skills and knowledge in the future. (2) Today we live an information society. I think computers are useful for a lot of jobs. Nowadays I use my personal computer for three hours everyday. I can discuss about much things with friends by using it. Discussion on the Internet makes excited. This is why I think of the class of information very important. (3) I think no subject is less important than math. I like math. I enjoy to take my math class. I don't like any other subjects, because they are not interesting for me. My teacher also talks math is important too. I think math is very useful in my future.

• off-and-on about

I am in the middle of a divorce from my husband of almost 10 years. I had an affair with an out-of-state co-worker toward the end of my marriage and developed feelings for him. In the meantime, my co-worker has been off-and-on about the status of our relationship, and I ended up sleeping with a colleague during a work trip. off-and-on about the status of our relationshipはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• uponの意味

I am 34, with a Ph.D. and a successful, happy life. I am regularly mistaken for being much younger—often a college student. (I live in a city with many colleges, which probably doesn’t help.) Though I’ll be “thankful for this someday,” according to many well-meaning but semi-irritating strangers, I have struggled for years to think of an appropriate response to people’s surprise upon learning my actual age. uponはどのような意味でしょうか?onと置き換えられるのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします