Should I Give Away My Horse?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A young woman named Kelsea in New Hampshire is facing a tough decision. She bought a horse named Springtime a year ago, but now she needs to decide whether to give her away so she can pursue her education and move to a different state with her boyfriend in the Marine Corps.
  • Kelsea is torn between wanting to keep her beloved horse and wanting to prioritize her education and future plans. She seeks advice on whether she should find a loving home for Springtime where she can receive more time and attention, or if she should keep her and continue working her current job.
  • She reaches out for help on this difficult decision, as she feels she has no one else to turn to. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

put the word out

DEAR ABBY: I've always dreamed about getting a horse, so I saved up all the money I earned as a kid and finally bought one a year ago. I named her Springtime, and I love her. She's great. But now I am ready to venture out into the world, and I'm forced to make a decision. Do I give her to a loving home with people who have more time to spend with her, so I can go to college and move to a different state with my boyfriend, who has two years left in the Marine Corps? Or do I keep her and stay at the job I have now and keep doing what I do? Please give me some advice because, right now, I have no one else to help me with this decision, and it's a hard one. -- KELSEA IN NEW HAMPSHIRE DEAR KELSEA: I know it's a hard decision to make, but right now your priority must be to finish your education. Start by asking around the horse community if someone would be interested in buying Springtime and can give her a good home. Also put the word out at the stable where you have been boarding her. put the word outはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4114/5348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

put the word outはどのような意味でしょうか?   下記では「発表する」と出ています。  https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=put+the+word+out  「(その雌馬の飼育に預けていた厩に Sprintime が売りに出されるという)知らせを出す」ということでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• You get out what you put in, as the

You get out what you put in, as they say.の意味がわかりません。どう言う意味か教えて頂けますか、下記文の最後に出てきます。宜しくお願い致します。 Do you have to work long hours? Yes. I have to work a long day. I start at 7 in the morning and often do not leave the office before 7 at night. You must be very busy. What do you do? I am in the field of financial management. We look after people's money for them. Even though I do not like my job, I do not think I would like to work 12 hours a day. To be successful you have to work hard. You get out what you put in, as they say.

• singled out

Dear Annie: I have an 88-year-old friend who can't hear and refuses to get tested for a hearing aid. I have talked with her many times about this situation, but she either makes excuses about her hearing problem or gets angry and refuses to discuss the issue. She just smiles and nods when people try to talk to her or tells them she can't understand them. Talking on the phone with her is impossible. And her hearing problem has gotten her into trouble when she's at appointments with doctors, as she sometimes misses what they tell her. The cost is not an issue, because she could easily afford hearing aids, and I have offered to drive her to any appointments. You cannot have a conversation with her, and she is becoming more isolated and distracted in her interactions with others. I am losing patience with her. Help! -- Frustrated Friend Dear Frustrated Friend: Denial can be a dangerous coping mechanism, but it's a coping mechanism nonetheless -- so your friend will cling to it until she's ready to let go. Continue encouraging her to get her hearing tested, and even suggest getting your own hearing checked at the same time. If she were to feel less singled out, she might feel less defensive and more open to the idea. If she were to feel less singled outの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• put out food

I've nearly forgotten something to have put out food for Santaclaus. 「サンタクロースのために置いておく食べ物を用意するのを忘れてた。」 という意味だと思うのですが、間違ってる箇所がありましたら教えてください。特に、"to have put"のあたりが何度聞いても早くて聞き取れません。よろしくお願いいたします。

• put について(put on と put in)

読売新聞のサイトで五輪サッカーの記事を読んでいたところ、ちょっと気に掛かった表現があったので、質問します。 いずれも put を含むもので、簡単そうで難しい文章だと思いました。 引用1: The U.S. in particular seemed to struggle with the climate, unable to put on much of a running game. But while the Japanese huffed and puffed for possession, it was the Americans who would score moments after halftime. 質問: ここで、"put on much of a running game"という部分が、なんとなく理解しづらいのですが、どういう構造&意味なんでしょうか? 直前の climate を修飾しているのでしょうか? それとも seemed の「補語」なんでしょうか? 引用2: "My boys put in a real hard fight and I am proud of them. We still have a lot of improving to do, but we did some things very well tonight. " 質問: ここでの put in a real hard fight が微妙に理解しづらいのですが、どういう意味でしょう? 以上宜しく、ご教授お願いします。

• be put out 「いらいらする、悩む」

She was in a bad mood; she must have been put out by something that had happened before I arrived.(彼女は機嫌が悪かった。私が到着する前に起こったことでいらいらしていたに違いない。) put out と言うと「消す」という意味が思い浮かびますけど、なぜこういう風に受け身で be put out という形になると「いらいらする」という意味になるのですか?

• 和訳をお願いします!

you don't give your self much credit But to put it in perspective you do know more than i do I would love to work with you on ideas for the character we have started a prologue you can check it out in the group messages. looking forward to working with you.

• sitting out

I have a friend who I think is a snoop, though she's otherwise a very nice person. She has admitted to looking in her sister-in-law's closet when said sister-in-law was not home. I haven't actually seen her looking through my stuff, but I once found her with her hand on the doorknob of my laundry. I feel sure she was looking while I was in the bathroom. Just the other day, there was another example. I went to the bathroom, and when I came out, I heard a noise that sounded like a door closing, and she was standing in front of my pantry. Why do some people behave this way? I find it extremely annoying. If I know she's coming over, I put everything away because she is the type of person who will comment about anything that is sitting out -- be it food, mail, books, magazines, etc. ここでのsitting outはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• flew her out

My father began dating four years after my mother passed away from a terrible bout with cancer. He and I have always been close; in fact, I have always considered him to be one of my best friends. But since he started dating he has changed. I just traveled across the country for a family funeral and discovered that he has a new love in his life, and that he flew her out to see all of our extended family. My dying grandmother got to meet her, but I didn't even know her name! flew her outはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、got toはcouldに置き換えられるでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

I was in the cafe by the north entrance to the station, reading my paper and having a coffee .I had an appointment with a client nearby and I was killing time because I'd arrived half an hour early.I suddenly heard a terrible shout, and when I looked out of the window,I saw that a woman was in the middle of the crossing. I assumed she'd fallen off her bicycle because it was lying on the tracks and all her shopping had come out of her basket.People were calling out to her from the road.Some were telling her to stay put and others were telling her to get off the crossing. She didn't seem to know what to do.She just say there.One of the waiters in the cafe saw this and ran out to get her.

• 和訳お願いします

"I have thought about it, but I haven't come to a decision about carrying a donor card yet. I don't like the thought of being cut up and my heart being taken out. I know I'd be dead and I wouldn't feel anything, but I still don't like the idea." "I'll never forget the time when my daughter was suffering from a kidney disease. In order to save her life, I decided to give one of my kidneys to her. Now she's fifteen years old and wonderfully strong and healthy. I'm sure that everyone should carry a donor card."