• ベストアンサー

Inとtoの使い方の違いについて

次の英文について質問です。 Our annual review is coming up quickly, so we need to move rapidly in getting prepared. (私たちの年次評価が間近に迫っているので、 迅速に準備する必要があります。) 1. To get prepared to とすると意味が変わってしまいますでしょうか? 2. 変わってしまう場合、それぞれの違いを教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9711/12078)
回答No.2

以下のとおりお答えします。 >Our annual review is coming up quickly, so we need to move rapidly in getting prepared. >(私たちの年次評価が間近に迫っているので、迅速に準備する必要があります。) >1. To get prepared to とすると意味が変わってしまいますでしょうか? ⇒はい、変わります。 この場合、基本的に、in getting~は「~するのを急ぐ」、to get~なら「~するために急ぐ」 といったニュアンスになります。 >2. 変わってしまう場合、それぞれの違いを教えてください。 ⇒直訳で考えてみましょう。上で見たように、 (a) we need to move rapidly in getting preparedは、「準備することで迅速に動く必要がある」、(b) we need to move rapidly to get preparedなら、「準備するために迅速に動く必要がある」 となりますね。 ということは、 「準備そのものを急ぐ必要がある」と言う場合は、 (a) のin getting preparedがよく、 (b) のtoを使う形式では、(to get preparedと言っても間違いではありませんが)、例えば、we need to move rapidly to be in time「間に合わせるために迅速に動く必要がある」、あるいは、… to get prepared in time「間に合わせて準備するために迅速に動く必要がある」 のような言い方のほうが、この場面の内容にはふさわしい表現だと言えるかも知れません。

-GOUF-
質問者

お礼

大変参考になりました。 また、よろしくお願いいたします。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1. To get prepared to とすると意味が変わってしまいますでしょうか?  はい。 2. 変わってしまう場合、それぞれの違いを教えてください。   To get prepared to とするとおかしい文になります。聞く方の頭の働き次第で通じはすると思います。 2. 変わってしまう場合、それぞれの違いを教えてください。

-GOUF-
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• get to go と単にgoの違いについて

Today was Independence Day for us over here. It was alright. We didn't get to go to the festivities though, so I was pretty upset. という文が、私のアメリカ人の友人からのメールにあったのですが、goではなくget to goと言うと、ニュアンス的にどう変わるのでしょうか? ご回答よろしくお願いいたします。

• what he’s getting up to

Dear Kiki, Do you have any tips on living with a musician? My husband is so moody and sullen when he’s working on music, storming around in his studio, and then half of his songs are about our relationship. We’ve been together forever but this part never seems to get any easier. Thoughts? — Song Wife Dear Song Wife, Well, Song Wife, at least you know what he’s getting up to! what he’s getting up toはどのような意味でしょうか?gettingがなくても同意でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 長文の中でのtoについて

Usually the appliance is so new,so shiny, and so expensive when we buy it that its mortality is no more acceptable to us than our own. (たいていの場合、その器具を買ったときには、とても新しく、輝いていて、高価でもあるので、私達には自分の寿命と同様にその寿命がつきることなど受け入れられないのである) という英文があるのですが acceptable to us のto usはどのように訳すか困っています。toは自分の中で「~へ」や「~に」と決め付けていてわからなくなっています もしかしたら、このto usは「私達が」と訳すのでしょうか?  となるとtoには「~が」と言う意味があるのでしょうか?

• 今日の星占い英文です。翻訳をお願いします。

Someone is getting under your skin in a big way -- so much so that you might need to do something! Try your best to just let it slide this time, but if it starts to get out of hand, you need to step up.

• We need more guests other

We need more guests otherwise we will bankcrupted...... crying.. Please hope you could help to get them .. there are too much Asian ....... of couse we need to be got back Japanese .but western and European will more like our style ..... not Izakaya for home bar to get extra money from outside......... すみません訳してください これに返す英語教えてください

• some + 不可算名詞

We need to buy some furniture before we move. は英語として成立していますか?

• 構文把握が・・・

we sometimes were prepared to skip; but never so prepared as Dad thought we should be. 最後のwe should beはこの文でどういう役割をしてるのですか? 構文等、詳しく教えていただけないでしょうか?

• 日本語にしてください!

Wow, we just got your letter How Exiting that you are getting married. Congratulations to both you and your fiancé. We would love to come but have to see if we can get holidays. And we pay for flights and accomodation ourselves. We are so happy for you. Xxx love Richard and Leona What is the nearest airport, and where are you getting married.. We are so happy for you xxx よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

仕事で英語圏の支社から急ぎで2通メールが来ました。通常は日本語で来るのですが緊急で英語でした。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 1 Holidays are coming soon so I would like to pre-schedule the FB launch date for you. Have you set on a date? Further you delay we will not be able to assist you with a launch as we will get terribly busy so please set a date so we can begin with the preparation work now. Please advise 2 I am copying Joon who is in charge of our social marketing, he will work with you to increase your likes for the official FB launch. Please work with him as he will need translation of few posting that we will need to launch the FB 0000 page.

• "To which"について

Okay, so I'm going to launch with the exciting news that we are buying a car wash -- Yay. The next logical question Hank will probably ask is "Where are you getting the money?" Hmm. To which I'll say "We want to tell you the whole story. 1, 最後の文章に"To which"とあり、これは"Hank"のことを指していると思いますが、このように文頭に補語を持ってくるような用法を初めて知りました。これを文尾に持ってくることは可能でしょうか?