What Does 'pick at' Mean? And What Does 'squeeze at' and 'leaving scabs' Mean?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • The phrase 'pick at' has several meanings. In this context, it refers to the action of repeatedly touching or scratching the skin. It can also mean to choose or select something, often with difficulty. On the other hand, 'squeeze at' refers to applying pressure to something, like acne, in an attempt to remove or extract it. Finally, 'leaving scabs' refers to the result of picking at the skin, which causes the formation of dry, crusty patches on the surface.
  • 'Pick at'のフレーズにはいくつかの意味があります。この文脈では、皮膚を繰り返し触ったり引っかいたりする行為を指します。また、何かを選ぶまたは選び出すことも意味しますが、しばしば困難を伴います。一方で、'squeeze at'は、にきびなどを除去するために圧力をかけることを指します。最後に、'leaving scabs'は皮膚を引っかくことによって引き起こされる、表面に乾燥したカリカリ状のパッチができることを意味します。
  • The phrase 'pick at' has multiple meanings depending on the context. In this case, it refers to the habit of repeatedly touching or scratching the skin. It can also mean to select or choose something, often with hesitation or difficulty. 'Squeeze at' refers to applying pressure to something, like pimples or blackheads, in an attempt to remove or extract them. 'Leaving scabs' describes the result of picking at the skin, which leads to the formation of dry, crusty patches on the surface.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

I have a bit of a problem... okay, kind of a huge one. And it's sort of gross. I have a tendency to pick at my skin. I know most people pick at scabs occasionally or squeeze at their acne or whatever, but my situation seems a bit extreme. For the past four years, I've picked at the skin on my upper arms, shoulders, and chest, leaving scabs, bruises, welts, bloody pores, flaky skin, and severe scarring. pick atにはいくつか意味があるみたいなのですが、どれでしょうか?squeeze atとleaving scabsの意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4106/5338)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。pick atにはいくつか意味があるみたいなのですが、どれでしょうか? 下記の2の範囲です。(ニキビを)潰す、(かさぶたを)剥がす、(皮膚を)引っ掻く、など対象で訳語が変わります。  https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=pick+atsqueeze at 2。leaving scabsの意味も教えてください  かさぶたを残す > (皮膚に傷がついて)その痕が残る

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。squeeze at their acneは「にきびを強く押す」でしょうか?

関連するQ&A

• どのような意味でしょうか

A few weeks ago, I attended the office holiday party. As I was leaving, I was stopped by a co-worker who wanted to say hi. We’re friendly but not close. She was a bit tipsy, and after a brief, awkward conversation she said “I like your necklace.” Looking at my necklace brought her attention a bit further down to my cleavage. She said “Look at those babies. I probably shouldn’t do this, but …” She then reached over and pulled the two sides of my neckline together. pulled the two sides of my neckline togetherはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My dad (68) and older brother (38) have been in business together for the last 10 years or so, and while business is booming, their relationship took a nosedive within a year or two of opening and has gotten progressively worse. My brother is the hardest working person I know, and he is 99 percent responsible for the success the business has had. He describes my dad as lazy and unmotivated, and they have argument after argument about how little my dad actually works or contributes, all while earning more than everyone else at the company and getting distributions at the end of the year as a part-owner. They signed a contract a couple of years ago that my dad would sell back part of his shares, and then he refused to do so when the time arrived. distributionsとは何のことでしょうか?あと、sell back part of his sharesの意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

Dear Annie: I have a problem with being kept waiting in doctors' offices. I am paid by the hour, and if I have to wait too long for the appointment, my pay is docked. I try to schedule appointments with my primary care physician for first thing in the morning or at the end of the day. But several times in the past year, I have been kept waiting beyond what I believe is reasonable. Once I sat there for nearly two hours. Another time, I was kept waiting for 45 minutes to have blood drawn -- a 10-minute procedure. When I ask the receptionist for an update, I'm given an evasive answer. I have filed complaints with my HMO health insurance company to no avail. I have considered changing primary care doctors, but I am afraid it will just be the same somewhere else. How do I find a physician in my area who does not keep people waiting? -- California Patient Dear California: There is no reason a primary care physician needs to make you wait two hours for a standard appointment. First ask your friends and family for referrals, and "interview" the physicians to ask how long the average wait time is. Also check to see whether any of them keep evening or weekend hours. Then tell your doctor why you are leaving his practice. ここでのreferralは簡単に言うとどういうことでしょうか?あと、leaving his practiceとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• お願いします。

下の文章の和訳をお願いしたいのですが。(入試問題ではありません(笑) Hello Friend, Good day to you over there... i want you to know that am buying the Car for my dad birthday gift okay. 1.Let me know the present condition of this car 2.How much do you wish to sell this car. 3.I will pay you via bank to bank transfer (online transfer) or PayPal,because this is the only method i can use due to my present location. 4.I want you to send me your bank information or your PayPal details so that i can able to quickly make the payment for this car,i have a pick up agent in (Malaysia) that will come and pick the car up after i have made the payments. 5.I want you to know that my shipping agent will handle the registration of the car and filling of all necessary document regarding changing of ownership and test-driving on his arrival for pick-up. I hope you understand and await your reply soon.

• 英語が合っているか見てください。

Narrative の文書です 間違っていたら、訂正お願いいたします。 On Fridays, I get up at 9:00 am. My mother leaves for work at 8:00 and my brother goes to school early in the morning so I get up by myself. I only have third class on Friday so I don’t have to get up early but I get up two hours before I have to leave. As soon as get up, I go downstairs and get dressed, prepare breakfast myself and eat in front of the TV, checking my email on my smart phone. After breakfast I wash my face, brush my teeth, make up my face and tie up my hair. The third-period class is an English class and we always have a test at the beginning so when I am ready to go to college, I study for the test for an hour and I leave the house at 10:45 am . I walk to the station 15 minutes and get on the train 11:05am.When I arrive at Nagoya station at 12:03 pm, I change train and get on Higashiyama line subway to go to college. It takes 20 minutes to arrive at Hoshigaoka station from Nagoya station. I have to walk about 15 minutes to college after get off the subway. When I arrive at class, I eat chocolate for between meals. After between meals, I study for the test for about 45 minutes and sometimes I talking with my college friend who takes the same English class until 1:30 pm. I always meet my friend at college’s one floor near the elevator after finish the class at3:00 pm to go to part time job with my college friend by subway. We work at Nagoya station’s underground McDonald near silver clock . We get off the subway, buy eat between meals at Ministop near our office and talking with her over eating it at office. Change clothes and go our shop. I work as register or making drink or preparing food. After finish job, we change clothes and eat dinner at MacDonald’s because we work at there , we can buy 30 percent discount the day. I talk about school or friends or who we interested in over eating dinner with my friend about 30 minutes. After finish eating dinner We walk to Nagoya station for 15 minutes and say good-bye then. I take train and sleep on the train, my mother picks me up when I arrive at my local station about 11:15 pm. I wash my hands and take a bath as soon as I arrive at my house. After take a bath I brash my teeth and blow my hair. I up stairs to go to bed and say good night to my mother. Before fall asleep I always check my cell phone whether I get email from my friend or not. After that I prepare clothes for tomorrow’s part time job and set alarm for 8:30am. I see twitter and tweet or just check my friend’s tweet. I fall asleep after check my shift and what time I have to get up.

• どのような意味でしょうか

I have a Ph.D. in chemistry from Harvard and am currently working at a community college. I love my students and feel like I’m really making a difference in their lives. I’m in a smaller city and love the opportunities I have given the size (e.g., I’m not a millionaire and I’m still on the board of directors for the symphony). the opportunities I have given the sizeはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

The other thing that worries me is that I am super awkward and uncomfortable in social situations. I don't like parties, and even the thought of asking you for help makes me want to throw up a little, let alone talking to an attractive girl face-to-face with no knowledge of her current relationship status, age, or sexual experience and somehow getting her into bed. If orientation is any indication, most of the girls at my college are very attractive and probably a) taken and b) way the hell out of my league. I have bad skin and I'm skinny as a twig. Basically I don't have a lot going for me. If orientation is any indicationと I don't have a lot going for me.の意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

What do you make of a co-worker (and casual friend) who is forever finding something requiring her assistance -- with my outfit, face or hair? I wouldn't mind the occasional help with tucking in a tag on my blouse, but it makes me feel weird that she's always finding something to pick off my clothing or skin, such as a loose eyelash on my cheek, or piece of lint or thread on my hair or clothes. 全文の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I am the oldest of four girls. I have never been married and have not dated in five years. I have a great career, own two homes, and have several cats. I am happy. This is of the greatest concern to my family. of the greatest concernのof はなくても良さそうに思えるのですが、なぜ必要なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• I'm overruled

My brother and new sister-in-law are very religious, not to mention very conservative. My boyfriend and I are agnostic and progressive. However, I was raised in a very religious household, and growing up I attended church every Sunday and wasn't allowed to miss unless I was ill. At 18, I decided organized religion was not for me and have not been inside a church since, except for a wedding or funeral. Whenever we go out as a family, my brother and sister-in-law insist on praying out loud, whether we are in public or at home. When my mother is there, I indulge the practice, but when it's just the four of us, I prefer not to and I am uncomfortable when this occurs. I have asked twice if we could all just say a private prayer to ourselves rather than have a group prayer, but I'm overruled. indulge the practiceとI'm overruledの訳し方を教えてください。よろしくお願いします