• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:singled out)

Dealing with an 88-year-old friend who refuses to get a hearing aid

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Learn how to deal with an 88-year-old friend who refuses to get a hearing aid, causing communication difficulties and isolation.
  • Encourage your friend to get her hearing tested and offer to go with her to the appointments to make her feel less singled out.
  • Patience is key when dealing with a friend who denies their hearing problem, as they will only be ready to address it when they are ready.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

If she were to feel less singled outの意味を教えてください。  もし、彼女が自分が唯一として選び出されることがより少ないと感じれば https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=single+out  もし難聴なのが自分一人だと感じなくなれば > 耳が聞こえないのは私だけじゃない(他にもいるんだ)と感じるようになれば

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• run away

My 18-year-old granddaughter ran away twice last year. She's now living with her boyfriend and refuses to have any contact with her dad. ran awayは「家出した」でしょうか「駆け落ちした」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I have a friend, or maybe I had a friend, who I saw at least once a week all summer, but who I have only seen a few times since the school year started. At first I chalked this up to being busy: I’m a teacher; she is the mother of two middle schoolers and is going through a divorce. Whenever I see her (we share a hobby) she no longer initiates conversation and offers minimal replies to my questions. She doesn’t reply to text messages about getting together or asking how she’s doing, although she does eventually respond to logistical questions. She seems to speak to other people normally and responds to our mutual friends in a way she no longer does to me. I feel singled out,and I’m not sure what’s changed between us. ここでのlogistical questionsとfeel singled outの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英文の一部だけ解説お願いします。

There was a time in my life when I would not have been so sensitive to my friend's feelings. I would have probably given her a sermon about the benefits of discipline and the dangers of overeating and poor nutrition. However, I would not have succeeded in doing anything but making my friend feel guilty and condemned. When she asked me to share ideas that might help her I did so, 『 but with an attitude that did not make her feel that I had it all together and she was a mess.』 I have discovered that one way to love people is to help them not to feel worse about the things they already feel bad about. (Joyce Meyerの本より抜粋) かぎカッコをつけた部分だけ文法も含めた解説をお願いします。

• flew her out

My father began dating four years after my mother passed away from a terrible bout with cancer. He and I have always been close; in fact, I have always considered him to be one of my best friends. But since he started dating he has changed. I just traveled across the country for a family funeral and discovered that he has a new love in his life, and that he flew her out to see all of our extended family. My dying grandmother got to meet her, but I didn't even know her name! flew her outはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、got toはcouldに置き換えられるでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My friend is going through a rough patch. Some of her friends have tossed her aside. She's having problems at work and then trying to juggle things with a new guy. ここでのtossed her asideとjuggle things with a new guyはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• her mothers friends?

大学受験用の参考書「英文解釈の技術100」の演習94番で分からないところがあるので教えてください。 問題の文章の一部ですが、Ever since her childhood she had been hearing her mother and her mothers friends talking of the new woman and the new woman's right to live her life as she chose. とあります。ここで、「母親の友人たち」と問題の解答で訳されている部分がher mother's friendsでなくて、her mothers friends となっている理由が分かりません。 宜しくご指導お願いいたします。

• sitting out

I have a friend who I think is a snoop, though she's otherwise a very nice person. She has admitted to looking in her sister-in-law's closet when said sister-in-law was not home. I haven't actually seen her looking through my stuff, but I once found her with her hand on the doorknob of my laundry. I feel sure she was looking while I was in the bathroom. Just the other day, there was another example. I went to the bathroom, and when I came out, I heard a noise that sounded like a door closing, and she was standing in front of my pantry. Why do some people behave this way? I find it extremely annoying. If I know she's coming over, I put everything away because she is the type of person who will comment about anything that is sitting out -- be it food, mail, books, magazines, etc. ここでのsitting outはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• なぜ進行形ではないか

Two years ago I moved to a beautiful suburb where there is no social life for someone under 40 without kids. I’ve mostly counted on my friends online. My best friend had also been living somewhere where she didn’t have a big social life, and we were both fairly depressed. I felt we were really close, and we talked almost every day online and a couple of times a month on the phone. A month ago she moved to New York City, where she now lives with an old friend and has many other friends nearby. She got a pet she loves and is doing really well in her field, and her depression is improving. I’m really happy for her. But she hasn’t spontaneously contacted me since she moved. I messaged her once, and her replies were monosyllabic. She hasn’t really engaged with me on social media, although she’s been more active than ever. I miss her, and I feel incredibly alone and depressed. I’ve cried for days about this. Our mutual friend thinks she’s just busy, but I suspect she doesn’t have room for me in her life anymore. I tried to be a supportive friend through all her rough times, but she’s basically gone from my life. How do I get over the hurt? Am I just jealous? 最後のところは「今まさにそのような状態」なのでAm I just being jealous?とはならないのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• put the word out

DEAR ABBY: I've always dreamed about getting a horse, so I saved up all the money I earned as a kid and finally bought one a year ago. I named her Springtime, and I love her. She's great. But now I am ready to venture out into the world, and I'm forced to make a decision. Do I give her to a loving home with people who have more time to spend with her, so I can go to college and move to a different state with my boyfriend, who has two years left in the Marine Corps? Or do I keep her and stay at the job I have now and keep doing what I do? Please give me some advice because, right now, I have no one else to help me with this decision, and it's a hard one. -- KELSEA IN NEW HAMPSHIRE DEAR KELSEA: I know it's a hard decision to make, but right now your priority must be to finish your education. Start by asking around the horse community if someone would be interested in buying Springtime and can give her a good home. Also put the word out at the stable where you have been boarding her. put the word outはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 教えて下さい。

訳を教えて下さい。 At the end of the race, she looked over to the crowd. Then she jogged to her friend who was holding the flag high. He handed it to her and she ran with it over her shoulders like a cape. She ran 50m holding that flag.This was a declaration of her pride, and of her love for herself and her people. 訳:レースが終わって彼女は観衆の方を見渡した。その時、彼女は国旗を高く持つ友人のとこへゆっくり走った。彼は…。彼女は国旗を握って50m走った。これは彼女の誇りでもある宣言で…。 特にHe handed it to her and she ran with it over her shoulders like a cape. とThis was a declaration of her pride, and of her love for herself and her people.の訳し方が分からないので教えて下さい。お願いします。

30代の恋愛とは?
このQ&Aのポイント
  • 自分への好意を感じる男性との恋愛進展について悩んでいます。
  • マッチングアプリで出会った男性とは何度かデートを重ねていますが、告白される気配はありません。
  • お互い30代であるため、お付き合いは告白なしで始まるものなのか迷っています。
回答を見る