• ベストアンサー

英語 英文 atとinの違い

この前の質問の回答で、I sometimes kick children (by mistake) at shopping centers. Because I am so tall that often they do not come into my sight. と回答してもらったのですが、いまいちatとinの違いが分かりません。この場合だとなぜ、at shopping centerなんでしょうか?お願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9712/12079)
回答No.2

以下のとおりお答えします。 >いまいちatとinの違いが分かりません。この場合だとなぜ、at shopping centerなんでしょうか? ⇒確かに、atは「一点で」、inは「(~の広がり)の中で」を表しますから、この場合はat shopping center「ショッピングセンターで」よりin shopping center「ショッピングセンターの中で」の方がよさそうに感じますね。 もちろん、この場合どちらで言っても正しいですし、意味も十分伝わります。では、どちらが「より良いか」。大差はありませんが、at shopping centerの方が少しいいと思います。有利は以下のとおりです。 上で、atは「一点で」と言いました。ところが、「ショッピングセンターは全然一点じゃない」とお思いですよね? 確かに、「物理的空間」としては一点ではありません。でも、「場所の種類の区分を表す」という意味では、紛れもなく一点なのです。 at schoolやat hotelなどの用例と比べてみてください。at shopping center (not at school nor at hotel)「(学校やホテルでなく)ショッピングセンターで」と言う場合のat「で」は、まさに「(場所の種別に関して)一点を示す」わけです。

0612abc
質問者

お礼

なるほど! ありがとうございました❗

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

同じ shopping center の地図でも、広域を示すーを押し続ければ点(=at) になり、拡大しようと+を押し続ければ、入れ物(= in になる)違いです。  要は視点の違いです。

関連するQ&A

• 英語 問題

問題:Read the paragraph. Then rewrite the paragraph and change the 10 verbs to simple past. 文:   I have a job at a clothing store. I work five days a week. Customers come into the store and I help them. Sometimes I go online and order clothes. Sometimes I organize the shelves. I don't like the manager very much, but it's a good job. I make a lot of money. これってどういう問題なのですか? 10個の動詞に変化させる? 単純過去で? 解説お願いします。

• at,it,onの使い方について

atは、時刻、時の一点を表し、場所は、比較的狭い場所や広い場所でも一点と感じる時に使う、と使うとあるのですが… 例文では、 School begins at eight thirty. ↑これはatで適当だと思うのですが… Drive carefully at night. Ken will come to see me at noon. ↑nightもin the morning の様にinを使うのではないのでしょうか。  何故atを使っているのかを知りたいです。 Her children will come home at Christmas. ↑特定日はonではなかったでしょうか… 回答お願いします

• 英語が苦手なので、メールの英文の翻訳をお願いします

LOL yea, I am, Don't worry about the mistake, ha ha, sometimes when I type it can get confusing reading it. But if you want to know about my back up career choice if I don't succeed with becoming a prosecutor. But that's if you want to know. So you want to be a counselor at law? Sounds good. I wish you the best of luck and hope you meet your goal ^_^ これ(上記)が以下の自分の送信メールに対する返答です。英語が得意な方、どうかこれ(上記)を翻訳してください!! This is a tentative reply. That’s because I can’t understand you partly yet. ha ha, habit :) well, if I succeed in becoming a lawyer, maybe I’ll be a counselor-at-law ( at this time ). ↓ correction, I’ve got it now. You mean you’re going to make a backup plan if the prosecutor thing should not turn out. Of course that's the stuff.

• わからない英文があります

"I have sort of a fluctuating, wandering eye type of relationship with makeup – sometimes I become fixated on trying new products, and then I’ll go weeks at a time using the exact same five. And then there’s the massive stockpile underneath the sink I dive into now and then (last investigation turned up some Cargo bronzer I decided to re-love for a couple weeks)." -wandering eye type of relationship with makeup -I'll go weeks at a time using the exact same five -I dive into now and then -last investigation turned up some Cargo bronzer この4つの文の意味を教えてください。

• 英文について質問

以下の英文の前までの文脈は以下のようなものです。 筆者の友人がバックを失くした→その後発見者から電話があった 以下が今回質問する英文です。 That is when I came into the picture I met Daisuke Takakawa at Yoyogi Station and he handed the bag to me 質問:come into the pictureとは、「事態に関わる」という意味のようですが、この「事態に関わる」とはこの英文においてはどういう意味でしょうか? 筆者が発見者のDaisuke Takakawaからバックを受け取るという事態に関わったということでしょうか?

• 英語の得意な方、和訳お願いします!

Like most Japanese junior high school students,you come to school every day and go home after school. These are activities that are natural for you. But many children in other countries cannot go to school. They cannot spend time at their homes. These children may live in countries at war,and they suffer. They are treated unfairly,and they suffer. Because and homes behind. These children are refugees.

• 英文で質問があります。

(1)At first, the deprivation of having no one to talk with upon subjects that most deeply interested me seemed all but unbearable, but as I became acquainted I made the surprising discovery – I made it again and again in later life – that if I talked with the men and woman I met casually about things that interested them, if I drew them out, I often discovered unexpected riches of character or experience, sometimes the most delightful or amusing oddities or absurdities. (2)Every human being has a story in him – how he has come to be what he is, how he manages, after all, to live, just to live. これらの英文の訳を教えてください。

• 次の英文を訳してください。

How do you stand the hardest part of running marathon? Many say that life is like marathon. Do you think that you can deal with the crisis in your life thanks to marathon? By the way corresponding with penpals, the reason I feel like I have difficulty writing is not because of my English. It is because the moment I cannot come up with anything I have to reply. Honestly speaking I am not a talkative person, but I try to talk more when writing. Nice and slow conversations are hard to come by, and the form of letter writing does put in a lot into thinking about what the other person has to say and how to respond. この二つが何となくはわかるのですが、自信がありません。教えていただけると助かります。

• 英語の長文の和訳をお願いします。

途中、(A)(B)がでてきますが、そこにはHowever,In fact,On the contrary,As a matter of courseのどれかがはいります。;とかでてくるので訳す順番など悩みます。極端に意訳ではなく、文法、熟語など大事なところを押さえつつ自然な文に訳してもらえると助かります。多くの回答、お待ちしています。  When couples get married they usually plan to have children.Sometimes,houever,a couple cannot have a child of their own.In the case,they may deside to adopt a child.(A),adoption is very common today.There are about sixty thousand adptions each year in the U.S.alone.Some people prefer to adopt infants;others adopt older children.Spme couples adopt children from their own countries;others adopt children from foreigh countries.Some people adopt children of their same rase,white,black,Asian;others adopt children of different races.In any case,they all adopt children for the same reason:they care about children,and want to give their adopted child a happy life.This includes a comfortable home,a loving family,and a good education.  Most adopted children know that they are adopted.However,many adopted children,or(B),have very little imformation about their biological mother and father.As a matter of fact,it is often very difficult for adoptees are usually not made public.The information is confidential,so no one can see it.This protects both adoptees and their natural parents.  Naturally,adopted children have different feelings about their birth parents.  Many adoptees want to search for them,but others do not.Jake,13,was adopted when he was only two and a half months old.He says,“I don´t think I´ll ever search for my birth mother.I might want to get some more facts,but I don´t feel I really want to go look.Maybe she would be awful and I´d just be disappointed.”Carla,who is 12,was adopted when she was four years old.Her adoptive parents also adopted another little girl.Carla says,“Sometimes my sister and I will talk.She says she doesn´t want to look for her birth mother,but I have mixed feelings.Sometimes I feel I want to look for her―but sometimes I don´t want to look for her at all because I´m scared of finding out what her reactions would be.I worry that she´ll have a whole new life and I would just be interfering with that new life.”Sue,who is 13,was adopted when she was a baby.She says,“I think adopted kids should be allowed to search whenever they´re ready.They need to know where they come from and what their medical history is.As soon as I searched and found the information I was looking for,I felt more worthwhile in the world.Beforehand,a part of me had always been missing.” 

• 英文 ”お気に入りの本” を添削していただけますか

My favorite book is Memoirs of a geisha. I saw a movie Sayuri with my wife on the second of January. I was quite impressed by the movie. I came back home and I looked for the information about Sayuri. I knew the book Memoirs of a geisha at Amazon in America and there were a lot of spotlight reviews. I bought it at Amazon in Japan. So I've been reading the book because I wanted to know Japanese culture in English. I sometimes felt tears come to my eyes to read the sad story of her life. 私のお気に入りの本は memoirs of a geisha です 1月2日にさゆりを見て 感激しました 家に帰り調べたらたくさんのコメントが アメリカアマゾンに書いてありました さっそく買い読んでますが 時々彼女の悲しい人生に涙します。