• ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

Mom, we won't be at a Thanksgiving that includes [sister]. I'm sad it has come to this, but I won't stand for her open hostility to [wife].http://www.seattlepi.com/lifestyle/advice/article/Carolyn-Hax-Handling-a-hostile-sister-in-law-12275901.php it has come to thisは「このようになってしまった」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4112/5345)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.2

it has come to this = 「こうなってしまった」でよいと思います。 I'm sad it has come to this = 「こうなってしまって私は悲しい」=「こうなってしまったことはとても残念だ」 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=comes+to+this 「お母さん、姉が来るのなら僕らは感謝祭(のディナー)の集まりは欠席するよ。こうなってしまったことはとても残念だけど、僕は彼女の妻に対するあからさまな敵意を見過ごすことはできないんだ。 」

corta
質問者

お礼

お礼が遅れました。ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.1

come to は下記の[句他動] の2。(よくない状態に)なってしまう。終わる。 「ママ、僕らは姉が来るんだったらサンクスギビングには行かない。こんなことになって悲しいけど、妻に対する彼女のあからさまな適意には我慢出来ないんだ。」

corta
質問者

お礼

お礼が遅れました。ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• どのような意味でしょうか

I don't have a great read on how others view this sort of thing now. http://www.seattlepi.com/lifestyle/advice/article/Carolyn-Hax-Divorced-mom-seeks-permission-to-12338272.php I don't have a great readとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am 14 years old and facing a dilemma. My father isn't particularly religious, but my mother is a strict Catholic, and my older sister and brother have been confirmed. I have another six months before I am expected to go through the process of confirmation. I do not want to do this. But as the time approaches, my mother has become increasingly forceful on the subject. I do not share my mother's beliefs, although I do believe in God. My father supports my choice, and I've tried to explain it to my mother, but she won't have any of it. she won't have any of it.はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• なぜwould't

I tried to remove this juce stain , but it would't come off. の英文ですが、なぜwould't なのかが分かりません。didn't では意味が違ってくるのでしょか。よろしくお願いいたします。

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I think to myself that maybe this is his favorite machine in the gym, so that is why he has come right to it.

• よろしくお願いします

Dear Annie: I am writing to you because I am so angry. I was unhappy at my job after seven years. The insurance was the only good thing about it. My friend "Carolyn" had been after me for years to come work with her. She was always saying how much better her job was. The money was good, and the insurance was the same. So I changed jobs. But, Annie, as soon as I went to work there, Carolyn became someone I didn't know. She is mean, lazy, jealous and never has anything good to say. She spends her workday playing online games, chatting with online friends and taking naps. My friend "Carolyn" had been after me for years to come work with her.の訳は何になるでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 今決めたはずなのに、なぜ"will"じゃない?

英語で未来を表す言い方としては、今決めたことについては、"will"を使い、以前から決めてあったことについては"be going to"を使い、100%予定されていることについては現在進行形を使う、というのが私の認識なのですが、 この認識に基づけば、“Will you come to our party?” “OK. I'll come.” という例文は理解できます。 一方で、“Diner is ready” “OK. I’m coming” という例文では現在進行形が使われています。 行くと決めたのは、「今」のはずですから、”I’ll come”ではないかと思うのですが、なぜ現在進行形になるのかが分かりません。 また、アメリカのドラマで、”(いつまでも電話を取らない相手に対して)Aren’t you ever going to answer it? というセリフがありました。 以前から電話に出ることを予定していたはずはないですから、”won’t you answer it?”だと思うのですが、これもなぜbe going toが使われるのかが分かりません。 ご存知の方がいらっしゃれば、ご回答よろしくお願いします。

• might(not), must, or can't  の使い方

質問は....Rewrite the sentences. Use might(not), must, or can't. (例)I'm sure she speaks Chinese. (答え)She must speak Chinese. 1. Maybe Paolo comes from Italy. →Paolo might come from Italy 2. I'm sure they don't go to school her.  →They can't go to school here. 3. I'm sure this dish has cheese in it.  →It must eat cheese in this dish. 4. Maybe the instructions are not clear. →The instructions were not. It might not be clear. 5. I'm sure Laura doesn't drive to work. She doesn't have a car. →Laura can't drive to work because she has not a cars. 6. I'm sure it isn't an elephant. It doesn't have a trunk. →It must an elephant because It has a trunk. might(not), must, or can't を使って文を作るのですが、→以下の文を考えたのですが、自信がありません。添削をお願いします。

• 選択肢の問題

I won't enter the room until it (has been properly) cleaned. ()のところですが、is clearlyだとなぜダメなのでしょうか?untilの後ろは、現在形でもokだと思ったのですが・・。 It (is over ten years since) she last went back to her country. ()のところですが、it has been over ten years afterだとなぜダメなのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 分詞構文には現在,未来のパターンはあるか

文法書には載っていないのですが、主節の時制が未来で分詞構文の時制が現在の時はどうなるんでしょうか。時制が一致しない場合はhaving+過去分詞とありますが、どんな場合でも適用されますか。 例えば、「私は仕事を今日終えるから明日は会社に来るつもりはありません」 みたいな文はどうなるんでしょうか。 As I finish the work today, I won't come to the office tomorrow. 自信ないけどこうですか。 Finishing the work today, I won't come to the office tomorrow. そもそも会話では使わないようですがよろしくお願いします。

• won't と can't の違い

This spring, some residents who can't stand for this situation called for a big meeting. と書いたら ~who can't stand for→ who won't stand for    に直されました。by native 私は、「この状況に我慢ならない住人達で、今年の春 a big meetingを招集しました。」のつもりで書いたのですが、 『我慢したくない』の意味にとれる won'tが いいそうで、さらに The phrase is always "I won't stand for...". "I can't stand for.." has a different meaning e.g. "I can't stand for office." Where office is a term for the government. ともらったので、下記のように "~who won't stand for~" → I knew that using "can't" isn't enough to express their feeling that they don't want to put up with it any more, didn't I? と質問したら  なんて説明したらいいかわからい とのことでした。とにかく 違う  と。 違いがわかりません、宜しくお願いいたします。