• ベストアンサー

eat off of

It’s not as though Japan is completely garbage free, with the streets of Tokyo clean enough to eat off of… but it’s awfully close. with the streets of Tokyo clean enough to eat off ofの訳をよろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4111/5344)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"eat off XXXX" で 「XXXXから取って食べる」になります。 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=eat+off "streets of Tokyo" は直訳的には「東京の道路/街路」ですが、ここでは「東京の街並み」と意訳できると思います。 "with the streets of Tokyo clean enough to eat off of" 「(日本で生ゴミを全く見ないということではなく、)東京の街並みも、そこに落ちた食べ物を拾って食べられるほどきれい(ではないものの、それに近いものがある)。」

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• live off of loans

It’s been hard enough for me to adjust to all of the changes that come along with graduate school , from living off of loans to having homework again. living off of loansの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• be off について

"to pull off"というイディオムを説明する文章です。 The idea is you’re going to stop somewhere safe, somewhere that is completely off of the road itself. この文章の中で、 somewhere that is completely off of the road itself のsomewhere以下の部分は、somewhereを説明していると思いますが、 completelyは副詞なので、それはひとまず抜いて、 somewhere is off of the road itself となりますが、 (1)off の品詞は何になるのでしょうか。    off は、方位副詞というもので、補語になっている。というのはどうでしょうか。 (2)of the road itselfは何を修飾しているのでしょうか。  somewhereを修飾しているのかと思うのですが、「道路それ自体の(離れた)どこか」という解釈はよろしいでしょうか。 以上です。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• stopped short of siding w

オバマ大統領の記事を読んでいたら、次の文章に突き当たりました。 <President Obama on Thursday offered security assurances to Japan, but  he stopped short of siding with Tokyo over islands that are also claimed by China.> このなかの ”stopped short of siding with Tokyo ”を訳して下さい。 (何となく、東京の味方にはならなかった、というような意味になるのかな、と思っていますが)

• 英語について

英語について To be healthy,you must eat the right quantity of food. To be healthy,you must eat enough food. To be healthy,you must eat sufficient amount of food. To be healthy,you must eat an adequate amount of food. 訳をお願いします。 文法的に間違っているものがありますか?

• この off はどういう意味?

ここでの off はどういう意味で使われていますか。よろしくお願いします。 Off the Caribbean island of Dominica, school children are thrilled to see whales up close. 出展:http://www.voanews.com/english/news/environment/Nations-Debate-Changes-to-International-Ban-on-Commercial-Whaling--91760794.html

• double-stars day

I eat the leftover samosas for breakfast, and manage to have enough time to take the bus. I'm still tired though. I have a busy day at work, and it's double-stars day, so I order a PSL. double-stars dayとPSLの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英語で「~の」と言えば"of"

英語で「~の」と言えば"of"、ただし「~の専門書」の場合では"on"で、「~の一般書」 の場合は"about"を使う、と言うのが現段階の知識です。 ネットで"Officials with Central Japan Railway Company say they suffered losses due to a two-hour service disruption."の英文と、「JR東海の担当者は、2時間の ダイヤの乱れで損害を被った。」の訳を見ました。 この場合、"Officials of ~"では間違いでしょうか? 即ち、"with"を使った事に、特別な意味があるのでしょうか? 尚、文頭に記した「~の」と言えば"of"の先入観があるので、他の単語で「~の」が 有ればご教授下さい。

• ****ment of mouth?

ある動画を見ていたら、troment of muth という言葉が出てきました。この会話の主は、よく言葉を間違って話をしているので、****ment of mouth で、「~に誓って」みたいな意味ではないかと文脈から推測したのですが、****ment of mouth で「~に誓って」みたいなイディオムってありますでしょうか。何かご存じの方がいましたら、教えてください。 ご回答よろしくお願いします。 ※アスタリスクを4つにしたのは、特に深い意味はありません。tromentに近いスペルだと思います。参考までに原文は以下のようなものです: But enough with the introduction! Now for the troment of muth! Does this brystal call... er, crystal ball belong to you?

• a means of communication

2017年5月Lesson4(4)のSalmansさんの台詞で"a means of communication"「通信手段」が出てきますが、2014年9月Lesson11(4)のLyonsさんの台詞では"as a means of communication"と前置詞付きで出てきます。両方の使い方があるのですか? Salmans: Oh, yes. There are all sorts of sensitive matters where email is too cold and impersonal a means of communication. I'd advise against emailing your boss to ask for a raise or a promotion, for example. It's much better to set up an appointment to meet with him or her face-to-face.@2017年5月L4(4) Lyons: I think one of the big problems with email is that people don’t take it seriously as a means of communication. It’s just too easy to fire off a note from your laptop or smartphone without giving it too much thought.@2014年9月L11(4) ※OKWAVEより補足:テーマ「実践ビジネス英語」から投稿された質問です。

• shakes it off

No one in my family, including myself, wants to spend time with my mom. She can be really toxic. She has hurt me all my life, and, really, everyone I love. I stopped asking my husband and kids to go with me a while ago. In fact, I limited my children's exposure to her when they were growing up, but they still have scars from stuff she did or said when they were young adults; it's difficult to be prepared for the truly awful stuff she says and does, even when warned your whole life. Even though I know all this and I'm normally pretty pragmatic, I am finding it tough to just cut my mom off. We've had so many conversations over the years about the things she says and does, but she is never going to change because she just doesn't get it. It's almost like punishing a fish for bad behavior. She never accepts accountability for anything, and never sees the damage. She says and does petty, horrible things in irritation, then just shakes it off, accusing others of being too sensitive. ここでのshakes it offはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします