• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:英語についての質問)

Zaha Hadidのデザインについてのことなのですが、

777kame777の回答

回答No.3

The firm was appointed as design architects of the said building following a competition in 2007. が良いかと思います。 「said building」は前記と言う意味です。

topsakura_8520
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 参考になりました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文翻訳をお願いします。

Boselli was born in Savona, Liguria on June 8, 1838. Boselli was the first professor of science at the University of Rome prior to entering politics. He served for 51 years as a liberal rightist parliamentary deputy, and as a senator from 1921. Appointed Minister of Education in 1888, Boselli reorganised the Bank of Italy with his next portfolio, as Minister of the Treasury in 1899. He also served in Sidney Sonnino's 1906 government. In June 1916 he was a relatively undistinguished center-right politician and one of the oldest members of the Italian parliament, when he was appointed Prime Minister, following the collapse of the Salandra government as a result of military defeats. His government fell in October 1917 as a result of the Italian military defeat in the Caporetto. During Boselli's time as prime minister, a decree of August 1917 extended the principle of compulsory insurance against accidents to agricultural workers generally. He died in Rome on March 10, 1932, and was buried in Turin

• 名詞用法教えてください

The rise of Ginza as an unscale shopping area was following by a decrease in the number of residents in the building and consequent increase in rooms used as buisiness office. 銀座が華やかになるにつれて、住人が減り、という訳ですが なぜ、decrease が名詞扱いでこの文法が成り立つのでしょうか? 全体的に文法がわかりません ご指導よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の質問

高校生です。 勉強していて分からないところがあるので、教えて下さい。 1,Investors rushed in to meet the demand,building row upon row of new hotels restraunts and souvenir shops. 2,Visitors from as far away as Europe began coming in large numbers to the resion. 3,What it amounts to is that we do not so much believe what we see as see what we believe. 1, rowの意味はわかりますが、row upon row の意味がよくわかりません。 2, as far away as の部分が分かりません。as 数 asで「~も」ということは辞書に載っていましたが、この形は載っていませんでした。。訳は「ヨーロッパのようなところからも~」となっていました。 3, amount to で結局~になるというのは知っていますが、itというのは慣用的なものなのでしょうか。この文は文中からの抜粋なのですが、itを指すものが見当たらないので気になりました。

• 英語質問

以下の文章を和訳して頂きたいです。 かなり困って居ます><宜しくお願いします。 (1)I had a sister who had diabetes.She died when she was 39. If she had lived a century ago, she would have been dead by the age of 14. Had she been born today, she probably would have lived a full life because gene therapy would soon be able to replace her defective ganes. My parents told me Andrea had diabetes when I was a high school student in California. And later, I learned Andrea would have the disease forever and would be taking shots every day of her life so she could live. I knew it was serious. Without insulin, Andrea's cells would die even though she had plenty of suger in her blood. Each day she would measure her suger level and them inject insulin into her thigh. (2)Time passed, and I went to Colorado Callege. Andrea went to the University of Southern California. I think that USC was a good choice for her. She went to classes, parties, and maintained her California blonde good looks. She graduated, married a lawyer-to-be, adopted a child because of repeated miscarriages due to her diabetes, and got divorced-a typical American story except for the diabetes. (3)Andrea, along with the rest of my family, remainded in California while I was moving about the country getting an education, as well as being a wife and mother of two children. I settled on the opposite side of the country in Buffalo, New York. (4)One day Andrea came to Buffalo. We soon learned she was going blind. She told us that only an operation would help her eyes. Her physicians did not hold out much hope because of her lifelong treatment with inslin; although it had saved her life, it had also caused malfunctioning in her circulatory system. Her eyes were only part of the problem; her entire cardiovascular system was compromised. The operation, in fact, would be dangerous. (5)My sister was adament. She had tired going to classes designed to help patients who were going blind. She said she would rather be dead than blind. She was going forward with the operation, which would be in a couple of weeks. (6)Andrea died on the operating table at the age of 39. It was cardiac arrest, not an uncommon fate for diabetics whose cardiovascular systems were compromised. She had visited me to say goodbye-except I did not know it.

• 英語の質問です!

Fred thought he was a very clever man, and he was particularly proud of his skill in mathematics, ュ「but as often happens with people who have perhaps too high an opinion of themselves, he was impatient, and seldom listened to what others were saying. ュ」He was particularly bad about listening to his wife, and she often complained bitterly about this. お願いします!!

• ある英語論文の意味が…

ある論文を読んでいるんですが、次の2文が訳せません…。 どなたか分かる人がいたら訳してもれらえないでしょうか。 よろしくお願いいたします。 人間の脳の仕組みとロボットの模倣による実現のような内容なんですが…。 In an earlier version of this paper, I stated that "monkeys seldom if ever repeat an action, but the mirror system helps them recognize the actions of others as a basis for social cooperation and competition." However, Judy Cameron(personal communication) offers the following observation from the Oregon Regional Primate Research Center: "Researchers at the Center had laboriously taught monkeys to run on a treadmill as a basis for tests they wished to conduct.

• 英語教えてください

A. 次の各組の文がほぼ同じ内容になるように( )に適する語を入れなさい。 1. John can swim the fastest of all the boys. John can swim ( ) ( ) any other boy. 2. No other building in the city is higher than that one. That is ( ) ( ) building in the city. B. 次の各文を受動態の文に書きかえなさい。 1. My sibling will take photos of the garden tomorrow. 2. Chris damaged the car beyond repair. 3. You can overwrite text to the right of the cursor. C. 次の各文の不定詞と同じ用法の不定詞を含む文を、下のア〜ウから選びなさい。 1. Billhasalotofthingstodo. 2. I started to learn English. 3. I was very happy to get your letter. ア: I hope to see again soon. イ: I was pleased to see her again. ウ: I had no time to see him. D. 次の各文の( )内から適する語句を選びなさい。 1. She stopped ( eating / to eat ) meat five years ago. 2. I decided ( studying / to study ) music in France.

• 英語の質問です!

正しい英文になるように、空所から適切な語句を選べ。 (1)(As if/Now that/As far as)I know,he is one of the best basketball players. (2)I practiced soccer hard (so that/supposing/in case) our team could win the game. (3)(Once/Even if/In order that) you have made a promise, you must keep it. 次の各組の文がほぼ同じになるように、空所に適語を入れなさい。 (1)As soon as I had received a reply from him,I got a second mail. (         ) had I received a reply from him (        ) I got a second mail. (2)If you don‘t keep trying, you won‘t make any progress. (        ) you keep trying, you won‘t make any progress. 次の日本文に合うように、英文の空所に適語を入れなさい。 (1)今や彼も18歳なのだから、自分の将来を考えなければならない。 (       )(       ) he is 18, he should think of his future. (2)彼女は悲しかったが、泣かないようにした。 Sad (        ) she was, she tried not to cry. (3)彼女は母親が戻ってくるまでに宿題を終わらせるつもりだ。 She is going to finish her homework (       )(       )(       ) her mother comes back. 次の日本文にあうように、カッコ内の語句を並べ変えなさい。 (1)それはとても面白い映画だったので、私は先週3度見てしまった。 (a/it/movie/such/was/that/it/watched/I/funny) three times last week. (2)彼女は生きている限り、彼の親切を忘れないだろう。 She(forget/kindness/long/lives/his/as/as/she/won‘t). 次の日本語を英語に直しなさい。 (1)何か起こるといけないので、携帯電話を持っていきなさい。(in case) (2)外出するたびに、彼はその店に寄っている。(every time) お願いします!!

• 英語の質問です!

She is () talented than her brother. 1 the less 2 less 3 the least 4 least Tom has three times (). 1 so much books as his sister 2 as more books as his sister 3 as many books as his sister 4 books than his sister I'll do () she tells me to do. 1 anything what 2 anything in which 3 whatever 4 whenever Dan was () run over by a car. 1 closely 2 dangerously 3 hardly 4 nearly When you use dangerous chemicals, you must wear glasses () you have good eyesight or not. 1 whether 2 that 3why 4 when We have two washing machines, () are not of order. 1 which of both 2 what of both 3 both of which 4 both of what 解答と解説お願いします! The beach was beautiful! I wish I () longer. 1 have stayed 2 could have stayed 3 can stay 4will stay If it () for your help, I could not have finished this work in time. 1 is not 2 has not been 3 were not 4 had not been Jane would have gone to London () to get a plane reservation. 1if she had been able 2 if she is able 3 would she be able 4 was she able

• 英語を教えて下さい><中学のです

She was famous as an actress 彼女は有名な女優だった。                               as ってなんですか?いみわからないです as~asとかで囲むのでは? Her dream of becoming a ballerina had to wait 彼女の夢のバレリーナになることは 待たなければいけなかった Had to wait って?もつ まつことを?  Hepburn's talent started to bloom after the war. ヘップバンのタレントはスタートした 戦争の後に開花した なんか to の使い方が自分は間違ってる気がしました あと 最初の方 she was cast as a princess in roman holiday                asの使い方がわかりません she became one of Hollywood's most popular actresses oneって女優ですか? あと ハリウッドの後に the は つけないといけなくない?