• ベストアンサー

follow up with

I asked a friend of mine to look at my dating app messages, and he told me I was coming across as “needy” and “desperate.” His reasoning was that I followed up with girls I’d been talking to when they hadn’t responded. followed up with girls I’d been talking toの訳をよろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4114/5348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.2

> up withがなくても同じ意味になりませんか? ストレートに、" ~ I followed girls I'd been talking to ~ " とすると、あたかも物理的に女性たちの後を尾行していた、といったようなニュアンスになると感じます。言い換えると、" ~ I followed 'around' girls I'd been talking to ~ " といったようなニュアンスです。 もっとも、最近では TwitterやFacebookなどで "follow" する、という表現が一般的になってきていますから、corta さんの仰る通りかも知れません。 ただ、followed "up with girls" とすることで、ただ単に「女の子たちのその後の行方を見守った・後を追った」というよりは、「その後の進展がどうなっているか女の子たちに尋ねた(交信をとった)」といった意味合いを持つと思います。 煙たがられる所以です。

corta
質問者

お礼

なるほど、ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

followed up with girls I’d been talking to 話をした女性たちを追いかけ(まわし)ていた。 つまり彼は、女性からの返事がこないと、しつこくメッセージを送り続けていた、ということだと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。up withがなくても同じ意味になりませんか?

関連するQ&A

• followed up with

I’ve worked at a 25-employee firm for over 20 years. I’ve also had breast cancer for 15 years. About two years ago my cancer traveled to my brain, and I had to leave my job because of the treatment I was receiving. I almost died, yet I never heard from my co-workers. Not one even called to say, “How are you feeling?” My boss told me he wanted me to come to the office holiday luncheon, yet never followed up with the date and time. never followed up with the date and timeはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• with the sign off

I’m a 30-year-old woman whose parents got divorced when I was 15. My father has never been open about having a relationship since the divorce. I was visiting him a while ago and went to look up something on his iPad. His mail browser was open and I happened to see an email between him and another man with the sign off “love you.” with the sign offはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• bad with my phone

(彼女と一夜を共にして、そのあと無視されたという文脈)I sent her a text saying, “I had hoped this could be more than one random hookup. But you don’t think I deserve anything more than being ghosted? I want you to be honest and just tell me that night was meaningless to you.” She responded within the hour and said, “Whoa, I’ve been out of town until last night. I’m really bad with my phone. Not just with you but with friends and family. bad with my phoneとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 5-foot-8 and a size 2

I’ve been with my partner for 10 years. When we first started dating I was 5-foot-8 and a size 2, mostly because I was a poor single mother who couldn’t afford to go crazy with food and drink. 5-foot-8 and a size 2は日本式ではどのようなサイズでしょうか?覚え方も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 日本語にして下さい

My ex was causing problems with the girls I was dating. After I deleted it,everything was ok.

• got written up

Last week, I got written up by my boss and our company’s HR Director for snapping at a co-worker. I was covering for the co-worker when she returned 10 minutes late from lunch. That meant my lunch was cut short by 10 minutes. I was ‘hangry’ and let my coworker know I wasn’t happy about her being late. When my boss and our HR Director confronted me, I refused to sign their Corrective Action Notice. I said being ‘hangry’ could be considered a medical condition because not everyone gets angry when they are hungry. My boss and HR Director disagreed with me. I don’t think I should be written up because my co-worker was late and I have what could be considered a mental medical condition which is ‘anger due to hunger pains’. Should I have been written up? Do you agree with my reasoning? Who would you side with? got written upはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• hooking up

Next month is the one-year anniversary for my boyfriend and me. Right before Thanksgiving I discovered he was contacting other women, through emails, photos and profiles for dating and hooking up. He said he was reaching out to other women because he wanted to do things he didn't think I'd be into so rather than talk to me about it he outsourced his intimacy. I decided to stay and try to work it out. The last few weeks have been raw and intense. I can see he is trying and feels remorseful, but we are far from out of the woods. ここでのhooking upとrawはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• allegationの訳し方

I am a 21-year-old college student. I've been friends with a fellow student named "Rob" for the past three years. I have never known Rob to be anything but a kind and trustworthy person. For the past two years, Rob has been dating another student at our college, and their relationship seems very healthy. Last night, while scrolling through Facebook, I saw a post made by someone Rob and I barely know, stating that Rob is "an abuser." The post used Rob's full name, so I'm sure it was about my friend. I was shocked and don't know what to do now. I sent Rob a simple message: "Is everything OK?" but haven't heard back, and I don't believe Rob knows about the allegation. I have also been in touch with Rob's girlfriend (who I have come to be friends with), and she responded, "I'm OK," when I asked her how she has been. Do I tell Rob about the post? Several of our mutual friends have stopped talking to Rob in the past few months with no explanation, and I'm starting to wonder if this allegation has something to do with it. ここでのallegationの訳し方を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• Withの使い方

1 She was angry with me. 彼女は私に怒っていた 2 That is fine wiht me. 私はそれでいいですよ 3 I am busy with my work. 私は仕事で忙しい 4 He is popular with girls. 彼は女の子に人気がある それぞれwithを使っていますが使い方(意味)を教えてください 

• just to be with...... 何を言いたいのかわかりません。教えてください

質問なんですが、先ほど質問させていただきましたがかなり説明不足だったのでいちから説明させてください、そして彼がいったい何が聞きたいのか教えてください。。。お願いします。 「If we were dating and I told you that I had to be drunk just to be with you....would you still want to date me?」 これがわかりません。 経緯を説明します 彼から付き合いをずっと迫られていたのですが最近ちょっとしたことで険悪なムードになってしまいました。ケンカのような。それから昨日今日やっと普通に話せるようになり、このように言われたのです。 「Can I ask you another important question? If we were dating and I told you that I had to be drunk just to be with you....would you still want to date me? 」 最初意味がよくわからなくて、 デートしていて彼が酔っ払ったらもうデートしないかということをきいてるの?と聞いたら、「そうじゃない、if i said i had to be drunk just to kiss」だというのいです。よくわからないけど、彼は真面目な人なので、デートすると思うよといったら、 「why? isnt that hurtful?」 と言ってきました。 もう彼が何を言いたいのかがわかりません・・・ 彼は何を言いたいのだと思いますか?  すみません翻訳機など使わなくても英語がよくわかるかた訳やニュアンスを教えてください。お願いします。。