• ベストアンサー

every parent's default

On top of all of this, we're talking about a 21-year-old. Letting an adult child figure it out needs to be every parent's default. every parent's defaultとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4114/5348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.3

「これらすべての事に加えて、私たちは21才の人の事を話しているのです。成人となった子供にそのことをわからせるには、親が関与しない事が必要なのです。」 #1さんの解釈と基本的に同じです。履行しない、怠る、欠席する。転じて、関与しない。 ただdefaultはネガティブな言葉なので、敢えて使っていると言うことは、子供の面倒を見るのが親の役目と思っている人に対して、その役目を敢えて「怠る」事をすすめているからでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (2)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

#1です。補足です。 >>defaultがなぜそのような意味になるのでしょうか?  下記の名詞の2「不履行」から来ています。「何にもしないと」  http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=default

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

every parent's defaultとはどのような意味でしょうか?  親が放っておけば(=何もしなければ)みんなこうなる。ってことでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。defaultがなぜそのような意味になるのでしょうか?

関連するQ&A

• every year's service=毎年行わなければならない業務?

連続投稿失礼します。 退職金に関する文章で、下記の"It works out at a month for every year's service~"という部分がよくわかりません。前文とあわせて掲載 します。 【英文】As of January 2008, for example, companies need to provide redundancy payments to staff who have worked for more than two years. It works out a month for every year's service, and it's retroactive. 【訳文】 例をあげると、2008年1月から企業は2年以上勤務した従業員に対して 退職金を支払わなければならなくなりました。それは毎年行わなくては ならないことであり、額面は月毎に算出され、遡及効果があります。

• 英文の和訳について

こんにちは、下記の画像の英文の和訳について質問をさせてください…!m(_ _)m最後のほうのTake every parent’s desire~ですが、for their kids…の「…」って一体何なんでしょうか?!!(◎_◎;)Take every parent’s ~とfuel it with~とbig profits~がたやすいこと(child’s play)だと思っていたんですが、この「…」は後のkeep up with the Joneses,のコンマと同じで並列の意味なのでしょうか? どなたかご回答いただけると嬉しいです、よろしくお願いいたします!

• 和訳お願いします

Figure 1 is taken from an analysis by 人名(多いから省略します) of the German Socio-Economix Panel, in which the same respondents were asked every year about their satisfaction with their life. 特にaskの訳し方とin whichがどうなってるのかがわかりません

• not more than 12には、12がはいる?

以下は、アメリカの食品規制法の一部です。この文脈で、12か月はinfantとchildのどちらになるでしょうか? For the purposes of the regulations in this part, the terms infant, child, and adult mean persons not more than 12 months old, more than 12 months but less than 12 years old, and 12 years or more old, respectively.

• in small doses

My in-laws currently live six hours away. I like it that way. They keep talking about moving to our town, but this would be at the cost of our relationship. They're lovely people in small doses, but we lived near them for a year when I had my first child, and Amy -- it was awful. They're lovely people in small dosesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• BBキングの名言を日本語に訳して下さい

I don't care for the music when they're talking bad about women because I think women are God's greatest gift to the planet - I just like music. 特にI don't care for the music when they're talking bad about women ここの部分は上手く訳せません。 それぞれの単語の意味や熟語は分かります。詩的な印象でしょうか? 翻訳に慣れた方、宜しくお願いします。

• 和訳して頂けませんか

He’s talking about Asian community as one way out of Japan’s self-marginalization. 「He」は鳩山総理です。

• now that構文?

For the last three years I’ve had full custody of my (now) 9-year-old daughter. It hasn’t been easy. I was never enthusiastic about having a child and, while I adore her now she’s here, being a parent hasn’t come naturally to me. now she’s hereはどのような訳になるでしょうか?now that構文のthatが省略された形でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• gay bear

I'm a 48-year-old gay bear who recently started dating a 29-year-old guy. We met through friends about a year ago, began having regular cuddle sessions, and finally started a relationship. He is funny, smart, sexy, and caring. He's emotionally mature and financially secure, and he's as crazy about me as I am about him. We're falling in love, and it's wonderful. The confusing part is that he doesn’t normally go for bears and his sexual and relationship experiences have been very narrow. ここでのbearはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 解説をよろしくお願いします

For instance, let’s take the most common form of incompatibility: the one where two people have vastly different needs in terms of how much and how often they desire sex. Some people want to get it on just about every day, or even multiple times per day; others would prefer to have sex a couple times a year, if that. if thatの解説をよろしくお願いします