過去完了について

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 過去完了の使い方について説明します
  • 過去完了は、過去のある時点より前に起こった過去の出来事を示すときに使われます
  • 「I had relied」は、過去のある時点より前に私が頼っていたことを示しています
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

過去完了について

My freshman year, I struggled to find a community where I felt I could openly share my concerns and find friends who resonated with my values and experiences. During high school, I had relied heavily on support from Asian-American friends whose parents were also humble uneducated immigrants who provided for their families by doing back-breaking menial jobs. I had relied のところはなぜ過去完了なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4111/5344)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

ここで my freshman year は、「大学に入学した年」 のことだろうと思われます。大学の入学前は high school の時代ですから、大学入学より前のことです。大学に入学した年にこうだったと過去形で述べた後で、それ以前のことを述べているので過去完了形が用いられています。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

いつも言うように、大過去は日本人が大好きなだけ。 まず、during high school という期間にわたっての継続。 ただし、過去完了の継続は単なる過去の期間の継続ではありません。 問題になっている過去までの継続。 ここは my freshman year の時点、 struggled, felt など過去で表されている時点がその過去です。 その時点までの間、それが during high school ですが、 ~してきた、というのが過去完了。 継続とは言いましたが、特に完了進行形になる感じではなく、 「~してきた」と訳せるような、反復的完了と言ってもいいかもしれません。

関連するQ&A

• 過去完了

I visited my sister for the first time since she gave birth in April. I spent a week with her, and I came away with the impression that she has serious postpartum depression. She struggled to get out of bed, she would cry for hours, and she sometimes expressed the wish that she had died during birth. she had diedは仮定法の過去完了でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 過去完了

My best friend from college recently had a baby. I had planned a trip to visit her, and during my visit, she said, we would visit the local pool. https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/dearabby/s-2094412 I had plannedと過去完了が使われていますが、これでは友達が赤ちゃんを授かる前に旅行を計画していたとなってしまわないのでしょうか?なぜ過去完了なのか教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 過去、過去完了、過去完了進行形

下の3つの文はそれぞれ正しいですか。 和訳した場合、ニュアンスの違いを教えてください。 I bumped into one of my friends at the station.という文に続けて、 While I was chatting with her, someone "stole" my wallet.  While I was chatting with her, someone "had stolen" my wallet. While I "had been chatting" with her, someone "had stolen" my wallet. よろしくお願いします。

• 過去完了

We met a family from Switzerland who were living in Barcelona indefinitely. Their son was four and regularly allowed to take his bike and play across the courtyard for hours alone, going in and out of the park, zipping around making friends. This was his normal and I realized in that moment I had always lived in an elevated state of stress and had always been a tense parent. I had always livedのところはなぜ過去完了なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 過去形? 過去完了形?

文法的な質問なのですが、次の二つは意味がどのように違うのでしょうか? A: I talked with my friend for 2 hours. B: I had talked with my friend for 2 hours. 私は同じような意味になるのでは? と思うのですが、実際のところは良く解りません。 この意味(経験ではなく完了の意)での過去完了は、過去形で代用出来るのでしょうか? また、会話ではどちらの言い方をする事が多いですか? よろしくお願いします。

• 過去完了について

I used to believe courtesy was a thing of the past. Very seldom have I encountered a courteous human being in this modern era of the so called Gen X. Recently, I had to change my thinking, when I came face to face with just such a human being. I had gone to a happening coffee place, with two of my grown up daughters. The place was crowded with the usual loud crowd and we had to climb a steep flight of stairs in order to find an empty table. I had goneのところはなぜ単純過去ではダメなのでしょうか?なぜ過去完了なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 過去完了について

And it turns out one of my so-called friends had called the magazine and given the writer an earful! http://www.elle.com/life-love/ask-e-jean/advice/a14302/ask-e-jean-mean-girls/ had calledはなぜ過去形ではなく過去完了なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 過去完了

They once took my son when he was small and drove him around and grilled him because they thought he was being abused. He had fallen and hit his face on a bleacher at the pool. My mom was there and saw the whole thing happen but pretended not to know. I worked for Child Protective Services at the time and was humiliated. But thank goodness, my son and I were interviewed, so we could prove nothing bad had happened. He had fallenとnothing bad hadのところはなぜ過去形ではなく過去完了なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 過去完了

My college-aged son and his male friend, "Randall," were staying with us at our vacation home this summer. This was the first time we had met Randall. we had metのところは過去完了なのはなぜでしょうか?過去形ではいけないでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 過去完了・大過去完了について

英語の文法に関してお伺いします。 「私は彼と1ヶ月前に別れた(今もその状況)」という場合 I have broken up with my boyfriend for 1 month. 「私は彼と1ヶ月別れていた(今はよりが戻った)」という場合 I had broken up with him for 1 month. で合っているでしょうか? また、 「私は彼とトラブルがあり別れた(そして今現在もよりは戻っていない)」という場合は I had been in trouble with my boyfriend, and we broke up. というような過去に別れた点と、それより前にトラブルが起こったという点という感覚でこの文法は合っているでしょうか? では、「私は彼とトラブルがあり1ヶ月別れたが今はよりが戻っている。」という場合はどういう文法になるでしょう? 未だに文法が明確に理解できずにいます。よろしくお願いします。