What Does 'Got a Good Going Over' Mean? Can You Explain 'Count to 100 by Sevens'?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Learn the Meaning of 'Got a Good Going Over'
  • Discover the Explanation of 'Count to 100 by Sevens'
  • Understanding the Terminology: 'Got a Good Going Over' and 'Count to 100 by Sevens'
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

意味を教えてください

From what I can tell, many who are disabled and on the dole feel the same way. There may be some folks receiving disability benefits fraudulently, but I do know I got a good going over. A few weeks after my stroke, when I realized I wouldn’t be able to work, my wife drove me to the Social Security office to apply for benefits. After stacks of paperwork, it took several months before my first trip to the doctor, for a psychiatric exam, where they asked me to count to 100 by sevens. got a good going overとcount to 100 by sevensの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4111/5344)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#228011
noname#228011
回答No.1

going over「調査、尋問」 といった意味で、goodは「かなりの」という意味合い。 ということで、 get a good going over 「(主語は)徹底的取り調べを受ける」 また、 count to100「100まで数える」 by seven「7つ単位で、7つ毎に」 ということで、 count to 100 by sevens「100まで7つ刻みで数える」 といった意味になるでしょう。 参考になりましたら。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9705/12071)
回答No.2

>From what I can tell, many who are disabled and on the dole feel the same way. There may be some folks receiving disability benefits fraudulently, but I do know I got a good going over. A few weeks after my stroke, when I realized I wouldn’t be able to work, my wife drove me to the Social Security office to apply for benefits. After stacks of paperwork, it took several months before my first trip to the doctor, for a psychiatric exam, where they asked me to count to 100 by sevens. ⇒(訳文)私が話せる範囲では、就業不能で失業手当を受けている多くの者が同じように感じています。休業給付を不正に受け取っている人もいるかも知れませんが、私は間違いなく十分な身上調査を受けたと思っています。私は、発作の数週間後、働くことができないと認識したとき、妻に追い立てられて給付を申請するために社会保障事務所へ行きました。山のような事務手続きの数ヶ月後に、私は初めて精神鑑定のために医師を訪ねました。そこで私は、7つおきに100まで数えるように言われました。 >got a good going overとcount to 100 by sevensの意味を教えてください。 ⇒got a good going over:「十分な身上調査を受けた」、 count to 100 by sevens:「7つおきに100まで数える」。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご丁寧にありがとうございました

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳してください!

今日、迷惑メールが届きました。もちろんすぐに削除しましたが、何と書いてあるが気になります。翻訳お願いします。 件名:Hello 本文:My name is Miss Kate Kambo, i am single girl never married seeking true love with marriage potentials and i am happy to contact you today after going through your profile which got my interest! i will love us to be good friends or a lot more, you can contact me through my email so that i can send you my photo, bye and kisses!

• どのような意味でしょうか

My son, who I've always felt very close to, has started to call me by my first name. I'm 67 and he's 40. I've always tried to be there for him. I have loved being his mom. He loves to tease me, so I didn't say anything about it for a while, because I knew he would run with it, but I figured he wasn't going to stop so I asked him to please stop calling me by my first name. he would run with itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• be get toの意味

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PejD7Kjw_i0 上記3:12あたりで以下の文が出てきます。 if there's going to be a league for it, it's got to be interesting to watch if there's going to be a league for itこれはわかりますが、be got toがわかりません。翻訳にかけると「そのためのリーグがあるとしたら、見るのは面白くなければなりません」と出ますが、be get toで調べても、しなければならないという意味はbe got toにはなさそうです。よろしくお願いします。

• どのような意味でしょうか

I have a somewhat silly question that’s weighing heavily on me. I went to a show last weekend for one of my favorite bands. They’re known for outrageous theatrics, so I got there an hour early and claimed a good vantage spot. While the stage was being cleared for the headliner, a couple came through the crowd and tried to pass by me. cleared for the headlinerはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

Arriving from a work trip, I texted my fiance that I had landed safely and would be home soon. He responded with, "I love you. I'll bring home pizza for dinner." Thirty minutes later: "Actually, I can't be in a relationship anymore. I need to experience living on my own for a while. We aren't getting back together." He then blocked my number and signed our shared home over to me in full. signed our shared home over to me in fullとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My sister has recently got engaged to a man I’ve never met. I’m happy for her as she sounds happy. She has now asked me to be her matron of honor and with my understanding of the responsibilities, I feel I cannot properly fill the duties. When I was getting married, she showed up hung over to my shower, canceled my bachelorette party the day of as “she had to work,” only to find out she went to be with her boyfriend, and purposely told me a later time for a bridesmaid dress appointment so she had her dress picked out by the time I got there. fill the dutiesは「役目を果たす」でしょうか?あと、showed up hung over to my showerはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 前置詞について質問です。

次の問題で、どれが(   )に入るのに適切になるのでしょうか? I must be going now. I have to be at home (    ) 7o'clock. (1)  till (2)  by (3)  over (4)  to (2)by だと思うのですが、自信がありません。 どなたか、教えてください!

• 意味を教えてください

My father is 74 years old and in poor health. I only see him a couple of times a year because I am so busy these days between work and kids, and his health no longer permits him to travel to my home to visit. We are going to see him soon, and I have scheduled an in-studio photo session with a professional photographer for the first afternoon that we are going to be in town. My dad said he was willing to get photos taken with our boys. Here’s my dilemma: I don’t want my stepmother in the photos, and I’m searching for a diplomatic way to communicate this to him. Long story short: They have been married for 26-plus years, and she and I have never had a good relationship, but in the past 15 months or so, things have deteriorated to a point where I do not speak to her (unless absolutely necessary) and have decided to have no relationship with her going forward. for the first afternoon that we are going to be in townとgoing forwardの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

Yesterday my boyfriend’s mother offered to pay for some classes in cake decorating for me so that I can further my experience in baking to get a better job. I’m unemployed looking for a bakery job right now, which is why she offered to pay, and she wants me to pay her back by doing housework for her over the weekends. As much as I would love to take this opportunity, our relationship has been strained because of the circumstances of how her son and I came to be. strainedとhow her son and I came to beの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

Due to his rare blood, his life has been insured for one million Australian dollars (approx. US$767,485) and he has been through a series of tests to help develop the vaccine. “They insured me for a million dollars so I knew my wife Barbara would be taken care of. I wasn’t scared. I was glad to help. I had to sign every form going and basically sign my life away,” he said. この文のgoingとsign my life awayの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします