• ベストアンサー

最後の行はどのような意味ですか?教えてください。

alamoanaの回答

• alamoana
  • ベストアンサー率43% (28/65)
回答No.2

★alamoana★と申します。 まず,全訳を書きます: 日本人のカラオケ好きは,私には奇妙に思える。というのも,内気でおとなしい日本人が, 突然立ち上がってバンド演奏に合わせて歌い出すのは合点がいかないからだ。しかも,何らの練習もなしにである。 これは,ニューヨークに置き換えてみれば,ウェイターやバーテンに修行中や失業中の男優や女優がいるような ピアノバーで伴奏に合わせて歌いだすようなものである。 * つまり, 「アメリカ,とくにニューヨークには,エンターテインメントの才能にあふれた人々が五万と いるので,ろくに練習もしていない歌を大勢の前で臆面も無く披露するなどということは, 考えられない」 といった,一種の皮肉だと思います。 ここで,最後の文, For a New York equivalent, try the piano bar where your waiters and bartenders are aspiring or unemployed actors and actresses. は,命令文ですが,平叙文のように訳しました。 というのも, 「あんた,ニューヨークで言えば,ウェイターやバーテンに修行中や失業中の男優や女優がゴロゴロいるような ピアノバーで歌いだすってことだよ。正気の沙汰じゃない。やれるもんなら,やってみな!」 というニュアンスがあるからです。

関連するQ&A

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am not a bar-goer. Generally speaking, I don’t like the noise, the press of bodies when it gets crowded and I’m not a drinker (alcohol tends to either make me sick or sleepy with very little in between). with very little in betweenとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 細やかな日本語訳を、よろしくお願いいたします。

学長から推薦を頂きました。 できるだけ美しい日本語で、細やかに、最大に誉めて翻訳して頂けますと、たいへん助かります。 どうぞ宜しくお願いいたします。 This is to certify that Ms ○○ is a regular student of the (学校名), where she just entered the 3 years long Bachelor program with piano as main discipline. Ms.○○passed a very demanding entrance examination with severe selection, and is now studying in one of the most wanted piano classes of our institution. I am confident she will be very successful in her studies and it is my pleasure to recommend her for a (機関).

• 英語の手紙の最後の文章

私は今、30歳年上のオランダ人女性と英語でメール交換を始めたばかりなのですが、英語の手紙の締めの言葉の前に書く簡単な挨拶文でいい文章が浮かびません。今まで、文章の最後に「I pray all is well with you and your family.」や「Have a lovely day and all the best.」といった文を使いました。他に何か言い例がありましたら、是非お教えください。よろしくお願い致します。

• この英文の意味を教えて下さいm(__)m

すみません・・・ メールをもらったのですが、ちゃんと意味があってるか不安なので意味を教えて下さい。 よろしくお願い致します。m(__)m ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I have been so busy lately! I would love to keep in touch with you and apologize for taking so long to return your email. I will write you a much more detailed email very soon. I have just returned home from another music trip and am extremely tired! I will write very soon!

• 教えて下さい!

今度外国人ピア二ストのコンサートに行くので手紙を渡そうと思います。でも納得いかない部分があります。その部分はYahooの翻訳機能で訳しました。日本文は以下です。 「あなたのピアノを聴くことは私の支えであり、楽しみであり、励ましであり、色んな意味において私の源となっています。 私は、あなたのピアノが聴けてとても幸せ者だと思います。」 英文は以下です。 「It is my support and looks forward to listening to your piano, and it is encouragement and becomes my source in various meanings. I listen to your piano and think it is a lucky begger very much.」 間違っていると思うのでどなたか正しい英語に訳していただけませんか?

• andつなぎ方

andのつなぎ方がよく分かりません (1)Many people are recently unemployed and coming for help. (2)Where somebody took time with personally and understood what your dream was. (3)I want to start from a simplistic place and then I want to complexify a little bit. (4)Lower salaries mean that for Japanses car automakers, it's not about bailouts but rollouts, and having cash on hand. (1)のようにMany people areが共通で受け身unemployedと動名詞comingの品詞が違う単語をつなぐ場合と (2)のようにsomedodyだけが共通で同じ品詞のtookとunderstoodをつなぐ場合と (3)のようにandの前で一度区切りがあり、andの後を改めて主語、述語とつなぐ場合と (4)のようにmeanの目的語としてit's not about bailouts but rolloutsとhaving cash on handをつなぐ場合 があると自分の中でまとめたのですが、あっていますでしょうか? また、andの使い方の決まりやコツなどがありましたら教えて頂けないでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• ネイティブの方、whereの使い方を教えてください

こんにちは、カリフォルニア在住です。 アメリカ人の友達のwhereの使い方がいまいちよく分かりません。 このようなメールではwhereはどのような意味になるんでしょうか? you where the only one i had a very interesting conversation with. i wish you where here with me. we where in a restraunt, and you where like a little brown probably get tanned. you where still sexy ass hell.(夢に私が出てきた時の事を冗談で説明しています). などです。 wereだと意味が通りますよね?なぜwhereにするんでしょうか? 長くなっているので省略でもありませんよね? wereにはない意味があるんでしょうか? またこれは正式に使われますか?それかスラングのようなものでしょうか? よろしくお願い致します。

• これはどう言う意味でしょうか。

I hope you had a great time and learned a lot from the topic we covered and I wish that you will book another class and I am excited to have another lesson with you.Once again thank you so much with your time. Thank you for considering me once again to help you in your English Communication skills Have a great night and take care 英会話レッスン終了後の先生のコメントです。 まだ数回しか受けたことがないのですが、 とても気に入っている先生です。長く受けたいと思っているのですが、 でもこれは自分以外の先生のレッスンも受けるようにと言う意味でしょうか。

• 意味を教えてください

Dear Prudence, I am a lawyer and have a unicorn of a legal job—Monday to Friday, 9 to 5, with a good salary and full benefits. I started out at a big corporate firm where I was overworked and miserable, and thought this opportunity would be the key to happiness. Three years later, I’ve realized the law (primarily the constant conflict and lack of creativity) just isn’t for me. I am considering going back to school for a master’s related to my undergraduate degree, a field in which I think I would be happy and excel. My hesitations are twofold: First, I’ve already spent seven years in school and amassed massive student loans which I will be repaying until I’m almost 40 (obviously much longer if I go back to school). I’ve already made the wrong major/career choice once, and I’m genuinely worried I’m just thinking about going back to school because that’s where people go when they don’t know what else to do. Second, I’m in my early 30s and planning on having kids in the next few years, right when I would be finishing my program, presumably unemployed and without any kind of maternity leave benefits. I am sometimes tempted to stick it out in this job in order to ensure my kids will not have to struggle the way I am now. —Job Moans and Student Loans I think you should follow your dreams very cautiously. I just can’t imagine that adding to your already-massive pile of student debt would in any way improve your future. You don’t say that you loathe your job, merely that the law isn’t what you want to do with the rest of your life, and I think if you find your current position at all bearable, it’s not worth going back to school full-time right now, especially if you plan on having children the moment you go onto the job market. You have more options, by the way, than just a) sticking it out as an unhappy lawyer indefinitely and b) chucking it all to rack up a few more tens of thousands of dollars’ worth of debt. Consider looking for a job in a different field that can make use of your law degree (it’s not a stretch to say every kind of business needs a lawyer). If you’re set on leaving law completely, go to class part-time in order to confirm that you actually like the field you’re planning on going back to school for. Schedule an appointment with a career counselor to see if they can offer specific suggestions on how to redirect your career path. I can understand why it’s be tempting to abandon it all for the (comparative) freedom of graduate school, but there’s nothing particularly freeing about debt. Arm yourself with as many options as possible before making your next move. a unicorn of a legal jobとnothing freeingの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英文の和訳

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたに、 お願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の前半部分となります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 There is a tendency for this courtship to be secret, or platonic. A long and faithful attachment. But one that is inconstant, strange, impulsive. Slow but sure. With these aspect you could fall in love with someone who has been formerly a friend. You can expect some remarkable strange and exciting events in your courtship.