• ベストアンサー

as will

SPS700の回答

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

will 以下の主語は、the museum and gift shop also on the premises だと思います、従って倒置によって、 will が前に来ています。  全部書くと、Part of the structure will remain open to the public while the work is being done,as the museum and gift shop also on the premises will remain open to the public while the work is being done.になりますが、そうすると長ったらしいので重複の部分を省略したものです。  ですから主語が省略されているのではなく、それ以外の重複部分が省略だれているというべきでしょう。

ash7227
質問者

お礼

丁寧な回答、有り難うございました。

関連するQ&A

• 省略について

Parts of the structure will remain open to the public while the work is being done, as will the museum and gift shop also on the premises. (訳:修復中もその施設の一部は公開される予定であり、施設内の美術館とギフトショップも営業される。) TOEICの問題集の一文なのですが、カンマ以下のas willの後にはremain が省略されていると考えていいのでしょうか。

• asについて質問があります

1つは (1)As air breezes through a structure,it contacts a sorbent.l なんですがAs air breezes through a structure(空気が構造物を流れるとき)という文がなぜ成り立つのはなぜですか?throughは前置詞だし、動詞がないので凄く違和感があります 2つめは (2)The CO2 collected by air capture machines could be piped underground,as is done in experimental carbon capture. なんですけどas isってなってますが主語はどこにいったのですか? またasはwhileなどのように主語省略できますか? もしできるならwhileが導く副詞節の中で省略されるのは(主語+be動詞)ですけど、この文の場合 be動詞があるのはなぜでしょうか?

• 仮主語"it"の意味

JapanTimesDigestに次のような英文がありました。 この英文中の"overshadow"の主語は何になるのでしょうか。 ※自分でも以下の通り考えたのですが、納得できる答えにたどり着けませんでした。 <英文> Analysts said that until the final deal is struck on the tieup, it will not only remain unclear when and how much cash the ailing manufacturer can raise, but also overshadow the outlook of Sharp being granted hundreds of billions of yen in additional loans from its main creditor banks to reduce its massive debt burden. <JapanTimesDigestに記載の和訳> アナリストらによれば、資本提携に関する最終合意がないかぎり、病めるシャープがいつ、どれだけの現金を手にできるか不透明だ。それだけではなく、同社が莫大な債務を削減するために期待している主力取引銀行から数千億円の追加融資も怪しくなってくる。 <考えたこと> (1)"it will not only remain ... but also overshadow ..."という"not only ... but also ..."の構文だと思います。 そうすると、"it will ... overshadow"と考えることになるため、"overshadow"の主語は"it"のようにも思われます。 そこで、この"it"の意味を考えます。"remain"の主語としての"it"は仮主語であり、この"it"が指すのは"when and how much cash ... raise"だと思います。 しかし、"it"をこの意味と考えると、"it will ... overshadow ..."という文の意味がよくわからなくなります。 (2)和訳をみると、"overshadow"の主語は、資本提携に関する最終合意がないこと、のようです。 remain"の主語としての"it"と、"overshadow"の主語としての"it"とが別のものを差せる、というのでしたら、和文の解釈も納得できます。 しかし、同じ"it"が2つの意味を持てるのか疑問です。

• ある論文を日本語訳しているのですが、一文だけどうしても意味が読み取れな

ある論文を日本語訳しているのですが、一文だけどうしても意味が読み取れない部分があります。 ------引用開始------ As well as being reduced to nothing the whims of nature, observers of geophysical flows also face length and time scales that can be impractically large. ------引用終了------ コンマ以降は訳としては分かるのですが、コンマ以前の部分が訳も含めて何を言いたいのかがわかりません。As well asから始まっているので、コンマ以降と何らかの共通性があるはずだと思うのですが。 一体この文はどういうことを言いたいのでしょうか。

• 英文の構造がわかりません

次の3つの英文の構造がさっぱりわかりません。 1. Smaller investors have been sidelined in the market for information, being reliant upon the free-to-air, cable, and print media and all their foibles with respect to the competition for market share and like. ・being以下にandが2個あること、またcableとandの間にコンマがあること、 これらのためにどの句と句が並列関係であるかが掴めません。 being以下はどのような並列関係なのでしょうか? 2. Just as importnat, has been the response of institutional investors to increasing pressure to responsible investors in the sense of actively voting proxies. ・この文章の主語が一体何であるかがわかりません。 倒置が起こっていてthe response~investorsが主語なのでしょうか? それともJust asで始まっているので、前文と主語が同一で省略されているのでしょうか? 3. It is all about the putative global hegemony of American institutions and practices. ・これは単純にitが主語でallが補語であり、 そしてabout以下がallを修飾していると考えてよろしいのでしょうか? いずれか1文でも構いませんので、 お時間のあるときにご回答くださいますよう、 宜しくお願いいたします。

• 長文ですが、翻訳お願いします!

i will agree to 160.00 as long as you do not mind sending it as a "gift" through pay pal so i dont get charged the pay pal fees to receive. i am not 100% sure the amount of sending certified will be ...i cant imagine it being more than $15.00 total including shipping costs/weight....if more than that i will let you know.....but i will make sure its insured so we have no problems.

• 和訳をお願いいたします

英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 抽象的な部分は意訳していただけると ありがたいです。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 The element of Fire being strong on your seventh. House means that you will feel yourself warm towards him emotionally, as though he were indeed a fire on a cold day. Your first impressions would be instant, and of warmth, pleasure, and feeling inspired by him. As though your whole life received a sudden lift or speeded up, quickened towards something better. He will have made an instant impression, he will also grow slowly on your senses. And the feeling would intensify. As you’ll try to keep your feet on the ground. The fire elements also has shades about it of being in love for the first time, even if it is the thousandth time, you have been in love, it will feel like the first. A specializes and newness, about it, and the promise of a new beginning in life, these will be all the impressions, fast fleeting but powerful. It will feel like life has begun again.

• 和訳をお願いします。

以下の文の和訳をお願いします。 Part of the program will focus on a variant of semi-permeable membrane filtration technology known as forward osmosis, according to Masdar. Other innovative technologies to be tested will include electrodialysis deionization, membrane distillation and low-temperature distillation, while the program also aims to explore the potential for cost reductions and improvements in the energy intensity and efficiency of established technologies such as reverse osmosis.

• お願いします

while any man is engaged in this struggle to say new things in new ways, he is usually more than ever concentrated on the actual work, and ont on its possible audience. Many artis ts and scientists share this foundamental unconcern about the ways in which their work will be received. They may be glad if it is understood and appreciated, hunt if it is not, but while the work is being done there can be no argument. The thing has to come out as the man himself sees it. 訳と最後の文のthe thing とit がなにをさしているのかもお願いします。

• whatの用法がわかりません

The work of NGOs like MSF is helping to solve many of the world's problems, but there is much more to do. It is my hope that many more Japanese will volunteer for such work go and see more of world, and begin to have a sense of compassion for people who need help. Such volunteers will find that they get as much as they give. In my own case, the experience not only gave direction to my life but also gave me an opportunity to think about what it is to live as a human being. 最後の文のwhat it is to live as a human being.のwhatはどういう意味ですか? わかる方教えてください