• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:英文と和訳があります。和訳は正しいですか?)

English and Japanese Translation: Are the Translations Correct?

Nakay702の回答

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9705/12071)
回答No.1

以下のとおりお答えします。完璧な訳文とお見受けしました。 (したがってまた、下記は蛇足です。ちらと一瞥くださるだけで結構です。) >Daigo also told me that when his class was going on a school trip, his teacher told the class to come to the school at 5:00 a.m. When he dutifully arrived at the still-dark school at the stated hour, no one, not even the teacher, was there. The U.S. students started to arrive before 6:00. The teacher herself arrived after 7:00. Most of the Venezuelan students arrived around 8:00, which was the "real" hour of departure. When Daigo asked the teacher why she did not say 8:00 to begin with, she replied, "If I said 8:00, no one would arrive before 10:00!" Strangely, the same students apparently arrived more or less on time to their classes. The rules of time are hard to fathom across cultures. >ダイゴは、彼のクラスが修学旅行に行ったとき、先生が全員に学校に朝5時に来るように言ったとも語りました。彼が律儀にまだ(電気がついてなくて)暗い学 校に時間通りについたとき、誰も、先生すら、そこに居なかったのです。アメリカ人の学生たちは6時前に到着し始めました。先生自身は7時を過ぎて到着しま した。ほとんどのベネズエラ人の学生は「まさに」出発する時間の8時頃に到着しました。ダイゴが先生にどうして最初から8時と言わなかったのか尋ねた時、 彼女はこう答えました。「もし8時っていったら誰も10時前に来なかったわよ!」不思議なことに同じ学生たちはどうやら、自分たちの授業には大体時間通り に来るのでした。時間のルールを異文化間で理解するのは難しいことなのです。 ★Daigo also told me that ~:《ダイゴは私にこういう話もしてくれました。~》。以前にも出てきましたが、ここもやはり2文に分けると具合がいいようです。 ★when his class was going on a school trip, his teacher told the class to ~:《クラスで修学旅行に行こうというときのことでした。先生がクラスで(みんなに)~するようにと言いました》。ここもやはり、2文に分けると訳しやすいですね。なお、細かいことですが、(when) was goingですから、《行ったとき》でなく、《行こうとしていたとき》ですね。 ★When he dutifully arrived at the still-dark school at the stated hour, ~:《彼は、律儀にも言われた時間どおりにまだ暗い学校に着いたのですが、そのとき~》。dutifullyは訳しにくい語ですね!お訳の「律儀に」を私もいただきです。 ★around 8:00, which was the "real" hour of departure:《「本当の」出発時間である8時頃に》。5時が《「うその」出発時間》だったわけですね。 When Daigo asked the teacher why she did not say 8:00 to begin with:《ダイゴが先生にどうして最初から8時と言わないのですかと尋ねた時》。このように、地の文なのに、半ば登場人物のセリフのように言うのを「描出話法」(直接話法と関節話法の合いの子)と言いますね。 ★"If I said 8:00, no one would arrive before 10:00!":《「もし(私が)8時と言ったら、誰も10時前に来なかったでしょう!」》。wouldを訳に生かして、「~でしょう」くらいにしましょうか。 ★the same students apparently arrived more or less on time to ~:《同じ学生たちが、自分たちの授業には大体時間どおりに来るようでした》。apparentlyは、「(外見上)見えた、そのように」ということでしょうから、「~ようでした」と訳しましたが、お訳の「どうやら」もいいですね。 ⇒ダイゴは私にこういう話もしてくれました。クラスで修学旅行に行こうというときのことでした。先生が朝5時に学校へ来るようにクラスで(みんなに)に言いました。彼ダイゴは、律儀にも言われた時間どおりにまだ暗い学校に着いたのですが、そのとき誰も、先生すらもそこに居なかったのです。アメリカ人の学生たちは6時前に到着し始めました。先生自身は7時過ぎに到着しました。ほとんどのベネズエラ人学生は「本当の」出発時間である8時頃に到着しました。ダイゴが先生にどうして最初から8時と言わないのですかと尋ねた時、彼女は、「もし8時と言ったら、誰も10時前に来なかったでしょう!」と答えました。不思議なことに、同じ学生たちが、自分たちの授業には大体時間どおりに来るようでした。異文化間で時間のルールを理解するのは難しいことです。

iwano_aoi
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳を教えてください。

The principal of the school I went to didn't talk like the teacher who all the students thought was best. 私が行った学校の校長は、生徒全員が最善だと思っているような先生のようには話さなかった。 上記のように訳して、不正解になりました。正しい訳を教えてください。

• 私が小学生の時の学校の先生を英語で

The teacher of the primary school when I was it… 私が小学校の時の学校の先生は… という英文であっていますか? また、Elementary schoolとprimary はどうちがうのでしょうか?

• 和訳お願いします

Southern Cross is close to Southern Cross is different from most schools To learn mathematics, students at Southern Cross To improve their language skills, students at Southern Cross The Southern Cross school wants students to Which of these is a kind of wildlife?

• 英文

中学生です。 間違いがあれば指摘してほしいです! 合っているか分からないけど一応書いてみた部分もあります(;;) しかし上達のためには書いて間違った方がいいのかなと思うので そのままにしています! あきれるかもしれませんが指摘待ってます!! By the time I got to school, The class had already started. I said to my teacher, '' I'm sorry, I was late because of rain.'' Then, I sat down next to Mike. There is my school close to downtown. Our teacher, Ms. White, has a variety of hobbies. For example, skiing. She really loves to ski and she knows everything when it comes to ski. Almost everyone was sleeping at the end of class.

• 英文和訳お願いします。

宿泊業に携わっている者ですが、海外からの予約者のメールでいまひとつ細かい意味がわかりません。和訳をお願いします。 The booker will arrive at the property between 14:00 and 15:00 hours * 2時から4時の間に到着 ということでしょうか? Any free shutter transport from hujisan station? 誰か迎えに来れますか? ということでしょうか 以上2点和訳をお願いします。

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

Then, just as the teacher was beginning to think that as long as she was quiet she might just as well stay there, Totto-chan would suddenly call out to a passing band of garishly dressed street musicians(先生ははじめは思った。彼女が静かならそこにいたってかまわないだろうと。トットちゃんは派手な恰好をしたストリートミュージシャンが突然歌い出したのをみた?).To Totto-chan's delight and the teacher's tribulation, the classroom was on the ground floor looking out on the street(嬉しいトットちゃんと悩む先生).There was only a low hedge in between, so anyone in the classroom could easily talk to people going by(?).When Totto-chan called to them, the street musicians would come right over to the window(トットちゃんが彼を呼んだとき?).Whereupon, said the teacher, Totto-chan would announce the fact to the whole room, 「Here they are!」(すると、先生は言った。トットちゃんは事実を公表した。「こんにちは」)and all the children would crowd by the window and call out to the musicians(群がる子供たちは窓のところでミュージシャンたちが歌う).英文の訳をお願いします。訳した箇所もありますが間違ってますので確認をお願いします。

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

「Play something」(?)Totto-chan would say, and the little band, which usually passed the school quietly, would put on a rousing performance for the pupils with their clarinet, gongs, drums, and samisen, while the poor teacher could do little but wait patiently for the din to stop(「」トットちゃんは言う。いつもは静かな学校だが生徒達に盛大な演奏をしてみせてくれるらしい。先生はうるさい音に対して辛抱強く待つ以外にすることがなかった。).Finally, when the music finished, the musicians would leave and the students would go back to their seats(最後に、音楽が終わったとき、ミュージシャンは離れて、生徒たちは席に戻った。).All except Totto-chan(トットちゃんを除いて。).When the teacher asked, 「Why are you still at the window?」(先生は尋ねた。「なぜ窓に留まってるの?)Totto-chan replied, quite seriously, 「Another band might come by(トットちゃんは答えた。静かに真剣に「他のバンドがくるかもしれないから」).And, anaway, it would be such a shame if the others came back and we missed them.」(と言っても他のバンドが来なかったら困るじゃない。)できれば文法的解釈の説明もお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします!

A U.S. teacher who set out to give her students a math-ematics lesson by asking them to collect a million bottle caps has finally put the lid on the assignment -------- 15 years later. The one millionth bottle cap went into a six foot (1.82 meter by 1.82 meter) plastic bin at Big Creek Elementary School last month, teacher Jill Herick said. 宜しくお願いします!

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をよろしくお願いします! The voyage was hard. He had many windless days when his boat did not move at all. Sometimes he fell ill and was filled with worries. He was all alone on the ocean. There was no one to tell him what to do. But he got over the difficulties and, 94 days later, he arrived in San Francisco.

• 以下の英文の和訳を教えてください。

(1)students should make wise use of school tests. (2)students should not worry about test scores at all. (3)students would study more if they didn't have to take any tests.