• ベストアンサー
  • 困ってます


Of course, the mass retirement is not all bad news. Let's take a look at how one of the more successful retirees spends his retired years. Tomohiko Otake works at Lawson's three nights a week from 10:30 p.m. to 7 a.m. placing rice balls and bentos on shelves at a convenience store in Saitama. He took the job which pays 875 yen per hour because he and his wife wanted a bit of extra money to use for travel and souvenirs. 和訳 もちろん、大量退職に関しては、すべてが悪い知らせニュースというわけではありません。 退職者の引退後の過ごし方での成功例の一つを、見てみましょう。 トモヒコ・オオタケは、埼玉のコンビニエンスストアのローソンで、週三回(夜)、午後10時30分から午前7時まで働き、おにぎりと弁当をそれぞれの棚に置く仕事に取り組んでいます。 彼は、彼と彼の妻が旅行したり記念品購入の費用をつくるために、もう少し余分な収入を望んだので、時給875円の仕事を引き受けました。


  • 回答数1
  • 閲覧数223
  • ありがとう数1


  • ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.1
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率81% (7898/9744)

以下のとおりお答えします。原文の内容をよく伝える訳文になっていると思います。若干、訂正・改善などのご提案を下記します。 >Of course, the mass retirement is not all bad news. Let's take a look at how one of the more successful retirees spends his retired years. Tomohiko Otake works at Lawson's three nights a week from 10:30 p.m. to 7 a.m. placing rice balls and bentos on shelves at a convenience store in Saitama. He took the job which pays 875 yen per hour because he and his wife wanted a bit of extra money to use for travel and souvenirs. >もちろん、大量退職に関しては、すべてが悪い知らせニュースというわけではありません。 退職者の引退後の過ごし方での成功例の一つを、見てみましょう。トモヒコ・オオタケは、埼玉のコンビニエンスストアのローソンで、週三回(夜)、午後10時30分から午前7時まで働き、おにぎりと弁当をそれぞれの棚に置く仕事に取り組んでいます。彼は、彼と彼の妻が旅行したり記念品購入の費用をつくるために、もう少し余分な収入を望んだので、時給875円の仕事を引き受けました。 (語句説明) *Let's take a look at how one the more successful retirees spends his retired years.:「退職者の引退後の過ごし方での成功例の一つを、見てみましょう」は素晴らしい訳だと思います。ただ1つ、more successful とありますから、「比較的成功している例」としましょうか。 *Tomohiko Otake works at Lawson's three nights a week from 10:30 p.m. to 7 a.m.:「トモヒコ・オオタケは、ローソンのお店で週3夜、午後10時30分から午前7時まで働きます」。お訳では「コンビニエンスストアのローソンで」と、前後をまとめていますが、少し「いじくりすぎ」かも知れません。 *placing rice balls and bentos on shelves at a convenience store in Saitama:「埼玉のコンビニエンスストアでおにぎりや弁当を棚に並べるなどの仕事をします」。placingに関連して補うのは、せいぜい「~の仕事をします」で十分でしょう。「取り組んでいます」まで行くと少し「異訳」気味になるかも知れません(→※印をご参照)。 He took the job which pays 875 yen per hour because ~:お訳は、「彼は、~ので、時給875円の仕事を引き受けました」と理由を先に訳されていますが、ここは原文の流れに従って、後で理由を説明する方がよさそうですね。→「彼は時給875円の仕事を引き受けましたが、それは~からでした。」 *because he and his wife wanted a bit of extra money to use for travel and souvenirs:「夫婦の旅行代やおみやげ代に使うための特別なお金が少し欲しいからでした」。お訳の「彼は、彼と彼の妻が旅行したり記念品購入の費用をつくるために、もう少し余分な収入を望んだ」では、「費用をつくるために」の部分が「要らぬ補足」(→※印をご参照)かも知れません。 (添削訳文) もちろん、大量退職に関しては、すべてが悪いニュースというわけではありません。退職者の引退後の過ごし方で、比較的成功している例の一つを見てみましょう。トモヒコ・オオタケは、ローソンのお店で週3夜、午後10時30分から午前7時まで働き、埼玉のコンビニエンスストアでおにぎりや弁当を棚に並べるなどの仕事をしています。彼は時給875円の仕事を引き受けましたが、それは夫婦の旅行代やおみやげ代に使うための、特別なお金が少し欲しいからでした。 ※補足について 外国語文を日本語に訳す際、原文にはない補足をしなければならないことがよくあります。 (1)原文の内容を盛り込み、なおかつ日本語らしい表現にするための補足は必要ですね。 (2)原文の内容からの逸脱、同義反復、冗長などを犯すような補足は、なるべくしないように注意しましょう。 (3)原文に誤りがあるとか、舌足らずであるような場合があります。訳出の際にそれを訂正・補足するかどうかはその場の判断によります。上記の添削訳文の中に「おにぎりや弁当を棚に並べるなどの仕事をします」というくだりがありますが、この「~などの仕事」はこの種の補足と言えるかも知れません。(「おにぎりや弁当を棚に並べる」のが主たる仕事であっても、それ以外の仕事もしているに違いありませんから)。 (4)上記(3)のような補足は、大げさに言えば、いわば「補作」というべきことかも知れません(歌詞の作詞などではよくありますね)。また、原文に問題があるけれども、そのまま訳すことが必要な場合もありますが、その際は、"sic"「原文のまま」と注記します。 以上、ご回答まで。





  • 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

    In 1902, after several unsuccessful attempts, he was elected deputy. He declared himself a strong partisan of the union of the Left in what was known as the Bloc, in order to check the reactionary Deputies of the Right. From the beginning of his career in the Chamber of Deputies, Briand was occupied with the question of the separation of church and state. He was appointed reporter of the commission charged with the preparation of the 1905 law on separation, and his masterly report at once marked him out as one of the coming leaders. He succeeded in carrying his project through with but slight modifications, and without dividing the parties upon whose support he relied. He was the principal author of the law of separation, but, not content with preparing it, he wished to apply it as well. The ministry of Maurice Rouvier was allowing disturbances during the taking of inventories of church property, a clause of the law for which Briand was not responsible. Consequently, he accepted the portfolio of Public Instruction and Worship in the Sarrien ministry (1906).

  • 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

    Alexandre-Félix-Joseph Ribot (French pronunciation: ​[alɛksɑ̃dʁ ʁibo]; 7 February 1842 – 13 January 1923) was a French politician, four times Prime Minister.Ribot was born in Saint-Omer, Pas-de-Calais. After a brilliant academic career at the University of Paris, where he was lauréat of the faculty of law, he rapidly made his mark at the bar. He was secretary of the conference of advocates and one of the founders of the Sociéte de legislation comparée. During 1875 and 1876 he was successively director of criminal affairs and secretary-general at the ministry of justice. In 1877 he entered politics, playing a conspicuous part on the committee of legal resistance during the Brogue ministry; in the following year he was returned to the chamber as a moderate republican member for Boulogne, in his native département of Pas-de-Calais. His impassioned yet reasoned eloquence gave him an influence which was increased by his articles in the Parlement in which he opposed violent measures against the unauthorized congregations.

  • 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

    The Ottomans, who had become adept at trench warfare during their victory at Gallipoli, had put their experience to good use. The Ottoman Sixth Army had invested Townshend’s position with an elaborate trench network since December 1915. Downriver, the Field Marshal von der Goltz and his senior Ottoman commander, Khalil Pasha, erected a series of well sited defensive positions at the Hanna and the Sanniyat on the left bank of the river and the Dujaila along the right bank. Because Townshend had adopted a passive defensive stance, even more so since losing his ability to cross the river with the destruction of the pontoon bridge from Kut to the Woolpress village, Von Der Goltz had been able to shift more and more of his troops south. In all, the Ottoman Sixth Army could muster approximately 25,000 men, 1,200 cavalry, and 80 artillery pieces. With Townshend's passivity, Field Marshal Von Der Goltz was able to move the bulk of his forces south, leaving only about 2,000 men to maintain the siege itself. On the left bank, the 52nd, 38th, and part of 35th Ottoman Divisions continued to occupy the Hanna line. 8,500 men, 1,500 cavalry and 32 artillery pieces of the 2nd and 35th Ottoman Divisions defended the right bank of the Tigris at the Dujaila position.

  • 英文と日本語訳があります。和訳は適切でしょうか?

    “Taro” enters a fast food restaurant late in the evening and buys a hamburger and asks for a cup of water. Then he heads upstairs to the seating area and finds a table where no one is sitting. He quickly eats his hamburger, downs the water, then goes to the toilet. A few minutes later, he comes back to his table and takes a small towel out of his pocket, folds it up, and places it on the table. Then he puts earplugs into his ears and puts his head on his “pillow,” closes his eyes and tries to sleep. Taro spends several nights a week sleeping like this. Sometimes he will have a night of “luxury” in an Internet café, where he has a bit more privacy, a comfortable chair, plus a computer, However, nights like this costs him over one thousand yen. 和訳 「タロー」は夜遅くファストフードレストランに入り、ハンバーガーを買い、一杯の水を頼みます。それから二階の座席エリアに向かい、誰も座っていないテーブルを見つけます。彼は素早くハンバーガーを食べ、水を飲み干し、そしてトイレにいきます。2,3分後自分のテーブルに戻り、ポケットから小さなタオルを取りだし、それをたたんでテーブルの上に置きます。それから耳栓を付け、自分の「枕」に頭をおいて目を閉じ眠りにつこうとします。 タローは一週間のうち幾晩かをこうして過ごすのです。たまには、もっとプライバシーがあり、快適な椅子とコンピューターのあるインターネットカフェで「豪華」な夜を過ごしますが、こうした夜を過ごすためには1000円以上かかるのです。

  • 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

    Ieyasu was always simple and frugal in his own habits, his only entertainment being hawking. He was notoriously careful with money, and there is a story that when he accidentally discovered that his ladies-in-waiting did not eat many vegetables if they were well salted, he promptly instructed his cook to make their dishes as salty as possible. Yet, as the years drew on, the retired shogun wished to establish a reputation for benevolence, although this attitude did not extend to Hideyori. If benevolence means a good-natured regard for people in general, despite a lack of strong ties with particular individuals, a willingness to see other points of view, and a desire to work with others and not against them, then Ieyasu was benevolent. During his last few weeks on earth the old man completed long-standing arrangements to have himself deified, perhaps hoping to continue even after death the ‘watching brief’ he had come to exercise during life. If he does indeed live on as some sort of kindly, protective spirit among the cool huge cedars and clear mountain streams of his shrine at Nikkou he will have had the reward of seeing his descendants preside for centuries over a peaceful and generally prosperous society, and the further satisfaction of knowing that the end of Tokugawa greatness was not altogether unworthy of its beginnings.

  • 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

    In September 1916, General Murray moved his headquarters from Ismailia on the Suez Canal back to Cairo in order to deal more efficiently with the continuing threat from the Senussi in the Western Desert. General Lawrence was transferred to France where he served as Chief of Staff to Field Marshal Haig in 1918. Field Marshal William Robertson, the British Army's Chief of the Imperial General Staff, set out his global military policy at this time in a letter to Murray of 16 October 1916, in which he stated "I am not intent on winning in any particular quarter of the globe. My sole object is to win the war and we shall not do that in the Hedjaz nor in the Sudan. Our military policy is perfectly clear and simple ... [It] is offensive on the Western Front and therefore defensive everywhere else." In this climate of defensive military policy, Major-General Sir Charles Dobell, who had acquired a reputation for sound work in minor operations, was promoted to the rank of lieutenant-general, given the title of GOC Eastern Frontier Force and put in charge of all the troops on the canal and in the desert. His headquarters was established at Ismailia and he began to organised his command into two parts, the Canal Defences and Desert Column. Also in October, Eastern Force began operations into the Sinai desert and on to the border of Palestine. Initial efforts were limited to building a railway and a waterline across the Sinai. The railway was constructed by the Egyptian Labour Corps at the rate of about 15 miles (24 km) a month and the British front moved eastward at the same speed.[84] By 19 October the Anzac Mounted Division Headquarters was at Bir el Abd where the 52nd (Lowland) Division joined them on 24 October.

  • 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

    At 13:5, the ships formed into a line abreast formation 15 mi (13.0 nmi; 24.1 km) apart, with Glasgow at the eastern end, and started to steam north at 10 nautical miles (19 km; 12 mi) searching for Leipzig. At 16:17 Leipzig, accompanied by the other German ships, spotted smoke from the line of British ships. Spee ordered full speed so that Scharnhorst, Gneisenau and Leipzig were approaching the British at 20 nautical miles (37 km; 23 mi), with the slower light cruisers Dresden and Nürnberg some way behind. At 16:20, Glasgow and Otranto saw smoke to the north and then three ships at a range of 12 mi (10.4 nmi; 19.3 km). The British reversed direction, so that both fleets were moving south, and a chase began which lasted 90 minutes. Cradock was faced with a choice; he could either take his three cruisers capable of 20 kn (23 mph; 37 km/h), abandon Otranto and run from the Germans, or stay and fight with Otranto, which could only manage 16 kn (18 mph; 30 km/h). The German ships slowed at a range of 15,000 yd (13,720 m) to reorganise themselves for best positions, and to await best visibility, when the British to their west would be outlined against the setting sun. At 17:10, Cradock decided he must fight, and drew his ships closer together. He changed course to south-east and attempted to close upon the German ships while the sun remained high. Spee declined to engage and turned his faster ships away, maintaining the distance between the forces which sailed roughly parallel at a distance of 14,000 yd (12,800 m). At 18:18, Cradock again attempted to close, steering directly towards the enemy, which once again turned away to a greater range of 18,000 yd (16,460 m). At 18:50, the sun set; Spee closed to 12,000 yd (10,970 m) and commenced firing. The German ships had sixteen 21 cm (8 in) guns of comparable range to the two 9.2 in (234 mm) guns on Good Hope. One of these was hit within five minutes of the engagement's starting. Of the remaining 6 in (152 mm) guns on the British ships, most were in casemates along the sides of the ships, which continually flooded if the gun doors were opened to fire in heavy seas. The merchant cruiser Otranto—having only 4 in (100 mm) guns and being a much larger target than the other ships—retired west at full speed. Since the British 6 in (152 mm) guns had insufficient range to match the German 21 cm (8 in) guns, Cradock attempted to close on the German ships. By 19:30, he had reached 6,000 yd (5,490 m) but as he closed, the German fire became correspondingly more accurate. Good Hope and Monmouth caught fire, presenting easy targets to the German gunners now that darkness had fallen, whereas the German ships had disappeared into the dark. Monmouth was first to be silenced. Good Hope continued firing, continuing to close on the German ships and receiving more and more fire. By 19:50, she had also ceased firing; subsequently her forward section exploded, then she broke apart and sank, with no-one witness to the sinking.

  • 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

    Russian casualties were nearly as high, but easier to replace, and balanced out more by the surrender of 117,000 Austro-Hungarian troops at the end of the siege. All told, the siege and the attempts to relieve it cost the Austro-Hungarian army over a million casualties and inflicted on it significant damage from which it would never recover. The Bombardment of Madras was an engagement of the First World War, at Madras (now Chennai), British India. The bombardment was initiated by the German light cruiser Emden at the outset of the war in 1914. With Captain Karl von Müller in command, on the night of 22 September 1914, SMS Emden quietly approached the city of Madras on the southeastern coast of the Indian peninsula. As he later wrote, "I had this shelling in view simply as a demonstration to arouse interest among the Indian population, to disturb English commerce, to diminish English prestige." After entering the Madras harbour area, Müller illuminated six large oil tanks belonging to the Burmah Oil Company with his searchlights, then fired at a range of 3,000 yards. After ten minutes of firing, Emden had hit five of the tanks and destroyed 346,000 gallons of fuel, and the cruiser then successfully retreated. The Bombardment of Madras マドラス砲撃 The Bombardment of Papeete occurred in French Polynesia when German warships attacked on 22 September 1914, during World War I. The German armoured cruisers SMS Scharnhorst and Gneisenau entered the port of Papeete on the island of Tahiti and sank the French gunboat Zélée and freighter Walküre before bombarding the town's fortifications. French shore batteries and a gunboat resisted the German intrusion but were greatly outgunned. The main German objective was to seize the coal piles stored on the island, but these were destroyed by the French at the start of the action. The German vessels were largely undamaged but the French lost their gunboat. Several of Papeete's buildings were destroyed and the town's economy was severely disrupted. The main strategic consequence of the engagement was the disclosure of the cruisers' positions to the British Admiralty, which led to the Battle of Coronel where the entire German East Asia Squadron defeated a Royal Navy squadron. The depletion of Scharnhorst's and Gneisenau's ammunition at Papeete also contributed to their subsequent destruction at the Battle of the Falklands. Word of war reached Admiral Maximilian von Spee—of the German East Asia Squadron—while at Ponape (17 July – 6 August). He concentrated the majority of his squadron at Pagan Island in the nearby Mariana Islands, and then steamed off into the Pacific with the Scharnhorst-class armored cruisers SMS Scharnhorst and Gneisenau, the Königsberg-class light cruiser SMS Nürnberg, the auxiliary cruiser SMS Titania, and several colliers at his disposal. Nürnberg and Titania were sent to gather intelligence at Hawaii and raid the cable station at Fanning Island. Bombardment of Papeete パペーテ砲撃

  • 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

    This exaggeration may have been because he wore a huge Cossack fur hat, and tall boots which added a foot to his height. Although, if this was accurate, he would have been taller than Robert Wadlow, now cited as the world's tallest man. Machnow died in 1912 due to pneumonia and likely complications of Acromegaly although there are other versions of the story. Some believed he had been poisoned by rivals or envious competitors (Machnow was a rather well known wrestler), but no evidence for this is available. He was the father of four children none of whom reached a height greater than two meters. John Middleton (1578–1623) was an English giant who was born in the village of Hale and is commonly known as the Childe of Hale. Legend tells that he slept with his feet out of the window of his small house. Tales also credit him with great strength. John Middleton was born in the village of Hale, near Liverpool. According to contemporary accounts and his epitaph, Middleton grew to the height of 9 feet 3 inches (2.82 m) and slept with his feet hanging out the window of his house. Because of his size the landlord and sheriff of Lancashire, Gilbert Ireland, hired him as a bodyguard. When King James I stopped by in 1617 to knight Ireland he heard about Middleton and invited both of them to the court, which they accepted in 1620. Middleton beat the King's champion in wrestling and in doing so broke the man's thumb. He received £20, a large amount of money in those times. Unfortunately, jealous of his wealth, Middleton's companions mugged him or swindled him out of his money while he was returning to Hale. John Middleton died impoverished in 1623. He was buried in the cemetery of St Mary's Church in Hale. The epitaph reads, "Here lyeth the bodie of John Middleton the Childe of Hale. Nine feet three. Borne 1578 Dyed 1623." There have been numerous local uses and commemorations of Middleton; a pub in Hale, named "The Childe of Hale", bears a copy of the Brasenose College portrait as its sign. Previously situated across the road from the church was a large tree trunk. In 1996 it was carved with representations of John Middleton, Hale Lighthouse and other local symbols. In 2011, due to disease and in the interests of public safety the tree trunk was removed by Halton Borough Council. In April 2013, the wooden sculpture was replaced by a bronze statue 3 m tall by local sculptor, Diane Gorvin. Brasenose College, Oxford, possesses one life-sized portrait, two smaller paintings and two life-sized representations of his hands. Another life-sized portrait can be seen at Speke Hall in Liverpool, a National Trust property. Speke Hall is located near to the village of Hale and incorporates a woodland trail depicting his house, feet, hands and other items.

  • 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

    The failure of General Aylmer's latest attempt - on 21 January 1916 at Hanna - to relieve the besieged British force at Kut-al-Amara - resulted in muted trench warfare throughout the month of February as the flooding season approached. Although having received reinforcements originally intended for the Western Front, Aylmer remained pessimistic about his chances of successfully relieving Sir Charles Townshend and his beleaguered 10,000 men at Kut. With the latest setback at the Hanna Defile he had advocated calling off the relief operation. However incoming regional Commander-in-Chief Sir Percival Lake was clear in his determination that Aylmer should try once again.