Japan's Path to Internationalization

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Japan is facing the challenge of adapting to a rapidly changing global environment.
  • Internationalization is crucial for Japan's continued prosperity and peaceful survival.
  • The use of 'that' in the sentence signifies a comparison or analogy.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文の説明をお願いします

Japan is like a creature that has become much too large for its old protective shell of isolation. Unable to grow a new and bigger shell under modern conditions, it must devise new means to protect itself. Internationalization is obviously the only means Japan has to continue its prosperity and survive in peace. 一文目のthatの用法とthat以下の文の説明、 省略された文法事項など教えてください。 また、他にも大事なところがあれば、教えてください

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。一文目のthatの用法  that は、関係代名詞で、先行詞は creature です。 2。とthat以下の文の説明、    (日本は、)隔絶の古い保身の殻には大きくなりすぎた(ここまでが関係節)生物(先行詞)のようだ。 3。省略された文法事項など教えてください。  近代の条件に合った新しい、より大きな殻が作れないで、自国を守る新しい手段を考えなければならない。  国際化が、日本が繁栄を続け、平和裡に生き残る唯一の手段である。  というのが残りの訳ですが、別に省略されたところはありません。  

関連するQ&A

• なんと説明したら良いでしょうか?

下記の文なのですがなんと説明したら良いでしょうか? 英語でお願いします! それで、彼女はとてもさびしく思っています means "and she misses them very much." But I don't understand this part " さびしく思っています" I know that " さびし" means lonely and I guess that "思って" is wonder(?). But there is a KU in that and anyway... could you explain this to me? よろしくお願いしますm(._.)m!

• 英文訳お願いします!

When automobiles first began to appear on the roads and streets of this country they did not have horns of any kind. The noise they made and the moderate speed at which they went made horns unnecessary. But in time it was felt that a warning device was needed. The first such signal was a hand-operated horn consisting of a rubber bulb on one end of a brass trumpet. In 1908 an inventor secured a patent on a horn that was electrically operated. He coined Klaxon as the trade-mark for his new product, and this word has now become popular. Klaxon is based upon the Creek verb klazein, which is related to the Latin word clangere from which "clang" comes. The Greek verb means to make a sound of some kind, its precise meaning depending on the source of the sound. When birds are referred to, it means "to scream," as the eagles and herons do. When dogs are the source of the sound, it means "to bark or bay." If things such arrows in a quiver are being talked of, klazein means "to clash or rattle." If the wind is spoken of, it means "to whistle." If people are referred to, the verb means "to shout or scream." It would be difficult to coin a word that has in it more of the element of sound than does Klaxon.

• 英文の説明をお願いします

以下の英文はサマセット・モームの『サミング・アップ』の17章の冒頭部分です。 I have been called cynical. I have been accused of making men out worse than they are. I do not think I have done this. All I have done is to bring into prominence certain traits that many writers shut their eyes to. I think what has chiefly struck me in human beings is their lack of consistency. I have never seen people all of a piece. It has amazed me that the most incongruous traits should exist in the same person and for all that yield a plausible harmony. I have often asked myself how characteristics, seemingly irreconcilable, can exist in the same person. I have known crooks who were capable of self-sacrifice, sneak-thieves who were sweet-natured and harlots for whom it was a point of honour to give good value for money. The only explanation I can offer is that so instinctive is each one's conviction that he is unique in the world, and privileged, that he feels that, however wrong it might be for others, what he for his part does, if not natural and right, is at least venial. 最後の部分の「The only explanation ~」にso thatの関係性が今ひとつ理解ができません。 【疑問】so instinctiveはどのthatにかかっているのか?   「each one's conviction that ~」のthatなのか、もしくは、このthatは前のconvictionの同格で     その先の「that he feels」のthatが該当するのか・・・ 私にとっては非常に難しくご教授を宜しくお願いいたします。 また、可能であればそのように判断した根拠も添えて頂けますと後学の参考になります。お手数かけますが、何卒宜しくお願いいたします。

• 下記英文の構造を教えて下さい

The realization that not only economic power but also global political power are shifting eastward and must be at least shared, if not handed over, to the new Asia, has just not sunk in to parochial European minds -- or at any rate those of its current statesmen. 下記のように解釈したのですが、自信を持てません。ご解説お願い致します。 The realization that not only economic power but also global political power are shifting eastward The realization must be at least shared to the new Asia if the realization is not handed over to the new Asia The realization has just not sunk in to parochial European minds-- or at any rate those of its current statesmen.

• 英文を訳してください

この文を訳してください!! My mom is very protective of me so she doesn't like it if I talk to people, who she thinks are strangers. :) But we just have to be quiet and sneaky. heehee. Is that okay with you?

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

The truth is that Japan is so insular and tribalistic that foreigners will remain perpetual outsiders and will never be accepted in society. (“So...that...” means to the extent that. “Tribalistic” means advocating or practicing strong loyalty to one's own tribe or social group.)

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

‘As part of the hydrogen power and renewable energy initiative we will strive to provide electricity to every village in Vanuatu,’ said the Government’s September 2000 announcement. And it also hopes to become an exporter, providing energy to its neighbours. So does Hawaii. Like Vanuatu, this island has abundant geothermal and solar energy, which can be used to make hydrogen. This US State has long recognized the need to reduce its dependence on oil, which accounts for nearly 90 per cent of its energy and is mainly imported. In the mid-1980s, Hawaii’s State legislature provided the University of Hawaii with $50,000 to explore the potential future of hydrogen. The Government’s ‘investment’ was rewarded this year when the University and two private research partners opened a centre for hydrogen energy development that has attracted $5 million over the next 5 years from the US Naval Research budget. One aim is to split water and produce hydrogen for use in fuel cells which can power the island’s buses and cars, homes and businesses, military and fishing fleets. Possibilities include the island becoming a mid-Pacific refuelling point that ships its own hydrogen to Oceania, the US and Japan.

• 以下の英文を訳してください。困っています

Sculpture begins as a three-dimensional art; that is the ’speciality’it shares with architecture, the art most nearly related to it. But sculpture is solid, whereas architecture is hollow. Architecture becomes more sculptural as it tends to neglect its inner spatial functions, as Greek and Egyption architecture did. Sculpture, on the other hand, is never in any true sense architectural. That is one of the misunderstandings which has led to its undoing. Architecture must have a base-a bed or plinth from which it rises, and to which it is inevitably bound.

• 英文の解釈を教えて下さい

Economistの記事で意味をどのように取るべきかわからない所があるので、教えてください。よろしくお願い致します。 下にあります文章の1段落目の最後の文That can result in dangers of its own. なのですが、この文のThatが指すものは、前文全体と考えるべきでしょうか。それともwhat is embarrassingの部分だと考えるべきでしょうか。 政府は危険なものだけでなく、都合の悪いものも隠そうとしているが、それは「政府にとって都合の悪いものも結果的に危険に結びつくことがあるからだ」というような意味で取るべきでしょうか。 それとも、政府は危険なものだけでなく、都合の悪いものも隠そうとしているが、「結果的にその行為が危険に結びつくこともある」という意味で取るべきでしょうか。 Knowledge is power. Those who possess it have always sought to deny it to their enemies, particularly if it has military applications. But exactly what knowledge needs to be controlled depends on who those enemies are. Nor is the control of knowledge costless. A free society should regard it as a last resort. Scientists cannot build on each other's results if they do not know them. And governments are frequently tempted to hide not only what is dangerous, but also what is embarrassing. That can result in dangers of its own. Nevertheless, the past six months have shown that the West in general, and America in particular, has new enemies. New controls are therefore being discussed as politicians and scientists try to work out a reasonable boundary between openness and secrecy.

• 高崎経済大英語入試問題です。

高崎経済大英語入試問題です。 In trying to define “internationalization," we must first dispose of one serious misconception. Many Japanese think it means the *westernization of Japanese life styles and values. They(質問1) quite rightly see no need for this and feel that Japan has already shown itself to be the most open country in the world to foreign influence. In earlier times, Japanese drank deeply of Chinese culture, and in recent years Western cultural influences have poured into the land. For example, 1)Japanese are now familiar with Western music as with their own, and they probably have as great a mastery of it as do most of the peoples of the West. Foreign cultural influences, such as Chinese painting and Western literature, have greatly enriched Japan and have certainly made it culturally as international as any nation in the world. Japan has also been fully open to foreign technology and as a result has now become a world leader in science and technology. 2)The same is true of its political and social institutions as well as its urban industrialized life style. Although there is much that is distinctively Japanese in the way people live, the general pattern of modern city life in Japan are basically much like those of life in any of the advanced democracies in the world. If Japan were to lose its Japanese 3)identity, this would be a great loss not only for it but for the whole world. Japan's cultural distinctiveness enriches the world, and 4)no one should wish to see it disappear like some endangered species of animal. That(質問2) certainly cannot be the meaning of the internationalization that people are talking about. (質問1)このTheyは何を指しているのでしょうか。 (1)文の流れからすると、Many Japaneseでしょうか。これだと、意味が支離滅裂になってしまします。 多くの日本人はinternationalizationはWesternizationだと考えています。多くの日本人はこの必要性はないと見ています。 (2)life styles and values だとしてもしっくりきません。 (3)一般的な世界の人々なのでしょうか。 (質問2) That はWesternizationをさしているのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。