Obama Administration Calls for Extension of Internet Discount for Low-Income Americans

このQ&Aのポイント
  • The Obama Administration is seeking to extend a discount program that helps low-income Americans access phone service to include internet access as well.
  • The discount, which has been in place since 1985 and was expanded under President George W. Bush to cover mobile service, currently amounts to $9.25 per month.
  • With more people relying on the internet for communication and education, the Obama Administration is supporting an FCC effort to expand the subsidy to include broadband service.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

聞き取りと翻訳おねがいします

ぼんやりと意味はわかるのですが、きっちりとした翻訳がしりたいです。 waveファイル http://www.geocities.jp/nack65/kiroku/discount.wav by google 先生の聞き取り the Obama Administration is now saying a discount designed to help low-income Americans buy phone service should be extended to the internet the current discount totaling $9.25 of months been around since 1985 the expanded under President George W bush to cover mobile now with people using the internet both communicate and for educational purposes the Obama Administration says it's supporting an FCC effort to extend that subsidy to broadband service

• ny36
  • お礼率38% (318/834)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • tincanada
  • ベストアンサー率63% (7/11)
回答No.1

オバマ政府は低所得者層への電話代の割引サービスをインターネットにも拡張されるべきだと表明した("now saying"意訳)。現在の月9.25ドルの割引は1985年に始まり、ジョージwブッシュの時に携帯電話にも適応されるようになった(拡張された)。インターネットがコッミュニケーションと教育の両方に使われる現在、オバマ政府はFCCがこの補助制度をブロードバンドに拡張しようとしている試みを支持すると言っているのである。 discount totaling $9.25 of months been around since 1985 は discount totaling 9.25 dollars a month (ha)s been around since 1985 だと思います。 その後のthe expanded は多分 which expanded だと思いますが、かなりreductionされているので確信は持てません。FCCはFederal Communications Commissionという行政機関の事だと思います。

ny36
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。 こんなに細かい補助をアメリカがやってるなんて、ちょっとおどろきました。

関連するQ&A

• 聞き取りと翻訳おねがいします

聞き取りと翻訳・解説おねがいします。 内容的にかなり難しそうですけど。 waveファイル http://www.geocities.jp/nack65/kiroku/jew.wav by google先生 a new initiative aimed at countering the ante Israel boycott movement on college campuses was launched today Outer is the president of the world Jewish Congress he says his group is planning to train students on how to effectively organize and respond to and he is real activity no university allow a professor to come into a classroom wearing a swat sticker why then should universities have cover two professors who founded the hottest talking points

• 聞き取りと翻訳おねがいします

英語の勉強よりニュースの内容のほうが面白そうなので、英文テキスト訂正と日本語に翻訳お願いします。翻訳のほうが難しそうですが。 音声ファイル http://www.geocities.jp/nack65/kiroku/india.wav by google音声認識 in India thousands of Army and paramilitary troops are in a northern state trying to put an end to a cast uprising already say at least nine people have been killed from New Delhi and PR is Julie McCarthy reports in agricultural cast known as the judge is leaving the address to the man government benefits Yahtzee to be included in the category of other backward caste Sunderlal the government is obliged to promote the welfare of so-called o be seized with quotas for government jobs and college admission to be eligible a cast was first be socially and educationally disadvantaged and Josh rank fairly high and Indian social hierarchy dominating a third of the seats in the state assembly of Haryana but a rapidly growing population and a lack of jobs is killing their discontent in recent days. Protesters blocked highways towards the railway stations in vandalize shops protesters reportedly sabotage a water treatment plant that provides most of delis water supply

• 詳しい方、翻訳をお願いいたします

ebayに出品してますが、下記のような質問が来ました。(イタリアです) nice seller I bought from you a pennna. now I want to buy this one. make me a discount? この質問に対して、金額を提示しました。 すると下記のような回答が来ました。 PRIOR TO PURCHASE I had to add 20 EURO (customs fees!) $ 80 NOW WE DO? お手数ですが、翻訳よろしくお願いいたします。

• 聞き取りおねがいします

この人の英語はふがふがして本当に聞き取りにくいです。 手間を省くために、googleの聞き取りも載せときました。 waveファイル http://www.geocities.jp/nack65/kiroku/helthcare.wav by google congressional investigators looking at the president's health care of us at the administration is taken a passive approach it turns of enforcement when it comes to identifying potential cases of fraud report released a the government countability office stop short of legend widespread cheating

• 翻訳なのですが

Hello, How are you doing i checked with EMS SERVICE right now about the item it was returned to you. It's because the Lithium Battery? Because i have already told you to make the shipment by Sea Postal Service. Go and make the shipment by Sea not by Air because EMS can't ship the Item. Am waiting to hear from you back. Thanks 商品発送後にこのようなメールが送られてきました。内容わかりますでしょうか?? どなたかわかる方教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• ジョークの解説をおねがいします

オバマのジョーク-waveファイル http://www.geocities.jp/nack65/kiroku/obamajoke.wav by google Obama said he's not naive and believe in politics can be a noble endeavor the president jokingly left the door open for him to continue in public service this is my final governors dinner at least my final one as president なんか意味がわかりません。どこがジョークなんでしょうか?

• 翻訳お願いします。

Well all i can say to younow is you have all the information now with tracking number taro. Be patients for them to come in is all i have to say to you is: Be pateint.!.!!!!!!!!!!!! After you lasers come in to you iam sorry but i feel this whole thing was disrespectful. Espacially now with how you are acting with shipping being slow. So after you reive everything tht you paid for, I will no longer give you my service with making yiou heatsinks or buying lasers. You will quicly see how good i was to you taro when you have to buy from othert people and you dont get the same high quility stuff that i gave you. So for the final time you have all information now. BE PATIENT>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for your lasers to come in.

• 以下の翻訳でかなりこまっています!

以下の翻訳でかなりこまっています! 少し前のオバマ大統領についての文献の内容なんですが... 途中までは翻訳できたのですが、メディア英語なるもになれてなくて意訳なども苦手なのでお力借りたく投稿いたしました。 As they convened to take their family's final step in its joueney from africa;through slavery to the slave-built White house ,the group seemed as though they had stepped right out ofthe pages of Obama's memoir -----no longer the disparate kin of a young man wondering how fe fit in,but the embodiment of a new president's promise of change. For well ober two centuries,the united states has ben vastly more diverce than its governing families. Now the obama family has flipped that around,with a cast that looks almost nothing like thier overwhelmingly white,Protestant predecessors in the role. ここから段落が飛びます。 Obama follows former president george w.bush,who had a presidential son's self-assured grip on power.Aside from a top-quality education,the new president came to politics with none of his predecessor's advantage:no famous last name,no deep-pocketed parents to finance early forays into politics and,in fact,not muc of of a father at all.So obama built his political career from scratch,with best-selling books and long-shot runs for office,leaving his relatives astonished at where he was brought them. いそいでいるので評価はあとでゆっくりコメントさせていただきますので、お手数ですが回答のほうよろしくお願いいたします。 身勝手な質問をお許しください! わかるとこだけでもいいので!

• 記事の翻訳お願いします。

イスラムの過激派についての文章かと思うのですが、上手く訳すことができません。 日本語訳をお願いします。 How does any civilized nation cope with fanatical barbarism? What kind of people will plot to murder thousands--so crazed with hate they will kill their own families for the cause? Even after 9/11 we have been slow to recognize the nature of the beast we face. It is hard for us to comprehend the mentality of, say, the group of 21 homegrown suicidal jihadists apprehended last year in Britain. We now know not only that they were prepared to blow up 10 civilian airliners flying from London to the United States--which might have killed as many as 3,500 innocent people--but also that they planned to avoid airport scrutiny by traveling with their wives and children and were thus prepared to execute their nearest and dearest. As a free society, we are remarkably vulnerable. Our open borders permit second-generation terrorists from Europe to infiltrate under the legal visa waiver program. We admit many imams from Egypt and Pakistan trained in Saudi Arabia under the extremist perversion of Islam known as Wahhabism. The consequences of our tolerance are spelled out in a recent report by the New York City Police Counterterrorism Department. It focuses on how difficult it is to follow the "trajectory of radicalization"--the behavior and whereabouts of homegrown radical Islamists. That New York report has to be read with the most recent National Intelligence Estimate that the external threat from al Qaeda has not waned despite expanded worldwide counterterrorism efforts. This is the context in which to consider the protests about tightening electronic surveillance, led by the liberal New York Times and the ultraliberal New Yorker and espoused by Democrats who watered down the recent reform legislation--including an insistence that it be reviewed in six months. How far should security concerns impinge on privacy? The administration says the balance has to be recalibrated. The trouble is that the administration has lost much of its moral authority. As USA Today put it, the White House "has all the credibility of a teenager who has squandered his allowance and is demanding more money." True--but on this issue, it has a real case.

• 翻訳していただけないでしょうか?

翻訳機を使ってみましたがよくわかりませんでした;; I AM MR.PRINCE WILL PERSONAL ADVISER TO MISS KATE EYADEMA, YOU HAVE TOLD ME ABOUT YOU WILLINESS AND READNESS TO HANDLE HER FUND FOR HER. YOU SHOULD NOW INTRUDOCUE YOURSELF TO ME SO THAT I WILL KNOW YOUR STATANDED TO HANDLE THE MONEY. THEREFORE, I HAVE DISCUSSED WITH A LAWYER WHO WILL HELP YOU TO GET ALL THE DOCUMENTS WITH YOUR NAME TO ENABLE YOU STAND AS THE BENEFICARY OF THE FUND BY THE INSTRUACTION FROM MISS KATE E.EYADEMA. THE LAWYER SAID THAT YOU HAVE TO SEND THE SUM OF US$4,300.00 DOLLRAS TO GET ALL THE DOCUMENTS WITH YOUR NAME AND SEND TO YOU BY COURIER SERVICE TO ENABLE THE BANK TRANSFER THE FUND INTO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT. MOREOVER AFTER GOING THROUGH THE DO GET BACK TO ME SO THAT I WILL GET THE PAYMENT INFORMATION WHERE YOU CAN SEND THE MONEY TO THE LAWYER TO ENABLE HIM START THE JOB REGARDS PRINCE WILL