• ベストアンサー

和訳の確認をお願い致します。

長文を解く中で5ヶ所ほど和訳が不明確なヶ所がありましたので教えてください。 1,It is clearly visible in certain parts of the city not often visited by tourists. 私の訳(明らかに都市のその一角は,旅行者達も来ない) 2,The homeless are often on drugs or sick and dying. 私の訳(ホームレスの人々の多くは,麻薬を使って病気になったり死にかけたりしている。) 3,Churches do what they can to feed and house the homeless. 私の訳(教会では,彼らに出来るだけ食べ物や住まいを与えている。) 4,many Americans are perplexed by the rising tide of poor and homeless. 私の訳(ホームレスが波のように増えてアメリカ人達は,困っている。) 5,Whether he can find a solution for reducing the numbers of the poor and homeless. 私の訳(ホームレス減少への対策の答えは,見つからない) 5ヶ所もありますがひとつ回答の方を宜しくお願い致します。一つでも二つでも良いですのでご回答頂ければ幸いです。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.2

1 そのことは、街の中で旅行者たちがあまり来ないところでは、明らかに見て取れる。 2 ホームレスたちの多くは、麻薬をやっていたり、病気で死にかけていたりする。 3 OK 4 ホームレスが⇒貧しいホームレスが 5 彼が貧しいホームレスの数を減らすための方策を見つけられるかどうか (全体が名詞節です。完全な文章になっていませんから、前後に続きがあると思います)

katikati0309
質問者

補足

こんばんわ、早速のご回答ありがとうございます。 例の5番の補足です。 It is stilluncertain,however,(Whether he can find a solution for reducing the numbers of the poor and homeless.)が全文になります。この中であえて()内の文章を和訳するとすればどのような訳になるでしょうか?お手数ですが再度教えてください。

その他の回答 (2)

• d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.3

It is still uncertain,however,(Whether he can find a solution for reducing the numbers of the poor and homeless.) それは、まだわからないよ、しかし。彼が貧しいホームレスの数を減らすための方策を見つけられるかどうかはね。 あえて、原文の語順で訳してみました。

回答No.1

こんばんは。 2の文ではorの前と後で分けてとらえ「麻薬浸りになる」という犯罪者になる人と「病気の人や死にかけてる人」のように健康的問題が出てる人という意味で分けたほうがいいと思います。 3の文は「教会ではto以降のことをするために○○している」という感じで訳したほうがいいと思います。 5はこれで全文なんでしょうか?あと、「見つからない」という否定的な意味は入ってないと思いますが…。 訳の中に「,」がたくさん入っているのはどうしてなのでしょう?翻訳ソフト何かを使ったから?

katikati0309
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。翻訳ソフトで検索してみたので()がたくさんあるんです。やはり、単語の繋がりと実際の意味があやふやで皆様のお力をお借りしました。ご回答本当にありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願い致します。

With rainbow piles of sweaters and T-shirts that often cost less than a sandwich stores like Primark are leders in the quick-growing ''fast clothes'' industry, selling low-cost garments that can be used and discarded without a second thought .Costomers, especially teenagers ,love the concept,pioneered also by stores like Old Navy and Target in the United States ,since it allows them to shift styles with speed on a low budjet.

• 和訳お願い致します!

すみません!! 大至急、和訳をお願い致します! 「We are Not Helpless - We can help - These are strange and difficult times - Maybe together Our combined energies in some 'strange' and inexplicable way can help forge a vortex of Transformational Power that can truly help, change and transform world conditions in ways we never before dreamed- Love, Hope, Faith and Belief in our own personal power; In our own Psychic, etheric and Spiritual Energies and Abilities. We are ONE Human family and we are connected at many levels of our being.」 長くて申し訳ありません…。 よろしくお願い致します!

• 和訳の確認をお願いします

わからない部分が幾つかあるので教えてください。あと、訳でおかしいところがあったら指摘してください。 The National Weather Service offers the following advice for protecting yourself from lightning: 米国気象庁は稲妻からあなた自身を保護するために次の助言を提示します。 Listen for thunder. 雷の音をよく聞きなさい。 If you can hear it, you are likely within striking distance of lightning. あなたが聞き取れるぐらいの音ならば、稲妻はごく近くにあるかもしれません。 If you hear thunder, take shelter right away. もし雷の音が聞こえたらすぐに非難してください。 Houses and large buildings are the best form of shelter. 家や大きな建物のなかは非難するのに最善な場所です。 Lightning can get inside buildings. It can enter through wires, pipes, or even the ground. それはワイヤー、パイプ、あるいは地面を通じて入り込むことができます。 Avoid touching anything linked to electricity. 電気をとおす物に触れることを避けてください。 Also avoid touching anything made of metal. また、金属製の物にも触れないようにしてください。 Phone use is the leading cause of indoor lightning injuries in the U.S. If anyone is struck by lightning, get medical help right away. もし誰かが稲妻の被害にあったらすぐに医療的な処置を行ってください。(「病院にいきましょう」でしょうか?) It could save the person's life. それは人の命を救うことができます。 Heart problems, burns, and nerve damage often result when a person is struck by lightning. 人が稲妻に打たれると心臓の病気、やけど、そして神経へのダメージをうけることがあります。(「受ける可能性があります」と訳してもいいでしょうか?)

• 和訳をお願いいします!

この文を訳していただけないでしょうか? よろしくお願いします! Scientists believe that companies should work to cut greenhouse gas emissions by using other energy sources, such as wind, solar or waterpower. These types of fuel are less damaging to the environment.  You might have heard about the measures that we all can take to save energy and cut carbon dioxide in the air. But national and international energy laws are also key. As we have seen, millions of plant and animal species may have already been affected by global warming. The time to act is now.

• 和訳をお願します

Dr. Mark Jacobson is a professor of civil and environmental engineering at Stanford University. He focuses his research on the causes of atmospheric changes and the most feasible ways of reducing global warming. Aircraft vapor trails (also known as “contrails,” as they are trails of condensed vapor) have long been thought of as being harmful as they have a lot of CO2 and are placed in a fragile part of the atmosphere. Dr. Jacobson and his team made a model that used atmospheric traits such as air composition and cloudiness, and aircraft emission characteristics such as soot. They then gathered data for 2004 and 2006, applied the data to the model, and calculated the warming that was due to commercial flights. After that, they made a nine-year simulation of data beginning from 2004, fine-tuned to the atmospheric conditions in different areas of the world. Their model predicts that vapor trails cause 4-8% of the rise in surface temperatures overall, but perhaps 20% of the warming over the Arctic. The study further suggests that reducing the soot in vapor trails will stop the warming effect those trails create. In addition, the soot-free vapor trails may actually promote a slight cooling effect by preventing the formation of heat-trapping cirrus clouds in some areas. But for now, vapor trails seem to be a big problem. よろしくお願いしますorz

• どなたか次ぎの和訳を教えてください

Remember, too, that often you will want umpires and linesman for a match in which you are playing, and only by doing this for others can expect them to do it for you.

• 和訳お願い致します。

It is obvious, then, to start with, that by Mind we may mean two very different things, according as we contemplate it in our own individual selves, or as manifested by other beings. For if I contemplate my own mind, I have an imme diate cognizance of a certain flow of thoughts and feelings, which are the most ultimate things — and, indeed, the only things— of which I am cognizant. But if I contemplate Mind in other persons or organisms, I can have no such immediate cognizance of their thoughts and feelings ; I can only infer the existence of such thoughts and feelings from the activities of the persons or organisms which appear to manifest them. Thus it is that by Mind we may mean either that which is subjective or that which is objective. Now throughout the present work we shall have to consider Mind as an object ; and therefore it is well to remember that our only instrument of analysis is the observation of activities which we infer to be prompted by, or associated with, mental antecedents or accompaniments analogous to those of which we are directly conscious in our own subjective experience. That is to say, starting from what I know subjectively of the operations of my own individual mind, and of the activi ties which in my own organism these operations seem to prompt, I proceed by analogy to infer from the observable activities displayed by other organisms, the fact that certain mental operations underlie or accompany these activities.

• 和訳お願い致します。

" Thus it is that philosophy can supply no demonstrative refutation of idealism, even of the most extravagant form. Common sense, however, universally feels that analogy is here a safer guide to truth than the sceptical demand for impossible evidence; so that if the objective existence of other organisms and their activities is granted — without which postulate comparative psychology, like all the other sciences, would be an unsubstantial dream— common sense will always and without question conclude that the activities of organisms other than our own, when analogous to those activities of our own which we know to be accompanied by certain mental states, are in them accompanied by analogous mental states."

• 和訳お願い致します。

Without, therefore, entertaining the question as to the connexion between Body and Mind, it is enough to say that under any view concerning the nature of this connexion, we are justified in drawing a distinction between activities which are accompanied by feelings, and activities which, so far as we can see, are not so accompanied. If this is allowed, there seems, to be no term better fitted to convey the distinction than the term Choice ; agents that are able to choose their actions are agents that are able to feel the stimuli which determine the choice. Such being our Criterion of Mind, it admits of being otherwise stated, and in a more practically applicable manner, in the following words which I quote from " Animal Intelli gence :" — " It is, then, adaptive action by a living organism in cases where the inherited machinery of the nervous system does not furnish data for our prevision of what the adaptive action must necessarily be — it is only here that we recognize the objective evidence of mind. The criterion of mind, therefore, which I propose, and to which I shall adhere throughout the present volume, is as follows : — Does the organism learn to make new adjustments, or to modify old ones, in accordance with the results of its own individual experience ? If it does so, the fact cannot be merely due to reflex action in the sense above described ; for it is impossible that heredity can have provided in advance for innovations upon or alterations of its machinery during the lifetime of a particular individual".

• 和訳お願いします

Examples of selectivity of mRNA export Evidence is accumulating that mRNA export in mam mals can be selective, although it remains possible that a large proportion of mRNAs are exported by bulk export pathways. Diverse biological processes, including throu DNA repair, maintenance of pluripotency, gene expres- and ion, stress responses, cell proliferation, cell survival and haematopoiesis 4-22 can be regulated by selective mRNA export and, in most of these cases, although not all, selectivity is mediated by components of the TREx and TREX-2 complexes.