Continuing the Conversation: NHK's Initiative

このQ&Aのポイント
  • NHKのイニシアチブ: 話し続けること
  • 一方、彼女は同様のイベントに参加し、悲劇について話し続けたいと述べました。
  • 検索結果から判断すると、'take about'はよく使われる表現のようですが、辞書には載っていないようです。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

take about, talk about

NHKからの抜粋です She added she wants to participate in similar events and continue taking about the tragedy. 対応する日本語記事は次です このような行事に積極的に参加して震災を語り継いでいきたい」と話していました。 ここから、"taking about"は"talking about"の誤りかと考えました。 しかし、googleで"take about tragedy"を検索すると、多くのヒットがあります。 この、take aboutは辞書に掲載のある熟語なのでしょうか。少なくとも私の電子辞書にはありません(take about ... minutesで...分を要する、はある)。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

もちろん、talking です。 こういう誤植はいくらでもあります。 単語として taking がある以上、ワードでもスペルチェックにひっかかりません。 人が読んで校正するしかありません。 といっても、莫大な量のニュースがあれば、そう簡単にはいきません。 コンピュータだけでなく、人間の頭も、逆に英語に慣れれば taking と書いているのに talking と勝手に頭が読んでしまうことがあります。 じっくり、ひとつ取り上げてみると気づいても、 莫大な量のニュースでは作り手の中で埋もれてしまうものです。 私も以前は何千、何万の人の目に触れるものを作っていたことがありますが、 始末書もののミスをしたり、訂正を知らせるのに莫大な労力を費やしたり、 いろいろなことがあったものです。 テストの採点ミスなんかもそうですが、1つ取り上げるとなんでこんな簡単なミスを ということになるのですが、莫大な量を扱う側にとってはやはりミスはつきものです。 そういう校正ミスの英語があるから、taking about tragedy でヒットしても不思議ではありません。 ここでの回答でも私もしょっちゅう、あれっていう日本語を書いてしまって 後から訂正したり、気づかないことがいくらでもあります。 活字神話というのがありますが、そんなの人の手でタイピングしたり、 スキャナーで読み取ったりしてるわけで、ミスはつきものです。

remokon
質問者

お礼

みなさん、返答有り難うございます よく分かりました なお、誤りを報告するために質問したわけではありません 今後もおねがいします

その他の回答 (1)

• Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

talkingだと思います。 このような行事に積極的に参加して震災を語り継いでいきたい であれば、takingの可能性はないでしょう。 to participate in similar events and continue taking part in similar events about the tragedyのような可能性もないかと思ってみましたが、partもないし、意味も違ってきます。やはり、誤植では?と思います。なお、google検索では、talking aboutの間違いと判断して、talking aboutを検索してしまいます。

関連するQ&A

• what I am about

I have been seeing a woman who is 21 years younger than I am. She says she loves me, but I am hesitant because of our age difference. We have known each other for years. She had a crush on me when she was 16, but I was married at the time, and she was too young. We made love a couple of times when she was in her 20s because I was divorced and she was single. Now it's 10 years later. I'm in my late 50s; she's in her 30s. We are both single, and she wants to take care of me for the rest of my life. She brings me lunch every once in a while, which I am amazed at because it's a long drive from where she lives. I worry about what other people will think, but she doesn't care and says she wants to love me and care for me because she knows what I am about. what I am aboutはどのような意味でしょうか?what I amとどう違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• TAKEとBRINGの違い

OKWaveで何度も質問されていますが、どうも違いがすっきり分かりません。 手元の辞書には BRING→TO TAKE SOMETHING OR SOMEONE WITH YOU TO THE PLACE WHERE YOU ARE NOW, OR TO THE PLACE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, OR TO THE PLACE YOU ARE GOING. TAKE→TO MOVE SOMETHING TO ANOTHER PLACE, OR HELP SOMEONE GO TO ANOTHER PLACE. と説明されています。 NHKのテキストに、 WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT TO TAKE POOKIE WITH US TO MAINE? (犬の)プーキーをメイン州へ一緒に連れていくのって素敵じゃない? という例文もあれば WE'D LIKE TO BRING OUR DOG ALONG. うちの犬を一緒に連れて行きたいのですが。 という例文もあります。 単に「連れていく」「連れてくる」の違いとか、自分が今どこにいるのか、という違いだけではない、 何かニュアンスの違いがあると思うのですがわかりません。 上記の辞書の説明によればBRINGだと思いますし、TAKE ME TO THE MOONもBRING ME TO THE MOON WITH YOUと言い換え可能なのでしょいうか? すっきりしたいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 「~について」を表す in のニュアンス

「~について」をいう意味を表す場合に、in が使われることがたまにあると思います。 例) Can we lead the community of nations in taking on the common threats? She wants to verify what she thinks is a mistake in the bill. 以下、質問です。 ・どのような場合にinが用いられるのか? ・aboutなど同様の意味を持つ前置詞とはニュアンスの面で異なる部分があるのか? 回答をよろしくお願いします。

• 前置詞

ある記事でwhen you see stars that you have never seen before the please investigate about them. とあったんですがinvestigateは辞書では自動詞の時はintoをあったんですが普通にaboutも使われてるんですか?? またinspect examineもaboutは使えますか?? すいませんが教えて下さい

• 英語の質問です。 息子に聞かれたんですが分からなかったので・・・

英語の質問です。 息子に聞かれたんですが分からなかったので・・・  高校入試の問題集からなんですが、     This bus takes you to a famous castle called Shirasagi-jo in about ten minutes. の'in'の意味が辞書で調べたんですが分からなくて質問させていただきました。  宜しくお願いします   

• 翻訳について

お世話になっています。先日、ロシアに住んでいる知人と1945年に起きたアメリカによる日本への原子爆弾投下についてメールを交換していた所、"About my opinion of that events in 1945 I can't understand the cruelty of the American. I'm sure there was another way to stop the war. And the worst thing I see it's that yankies haven't changed. We can watch their policy in the modern world. By the way most Russian doesn't like them and often jokes about them and their ability to take sense decisions."と言う内容のメールが返信されてきました。ここに出てくる「yankies」とは現在のアメリカ人の事なのでしょうか。また、後の文章の「their ability to take sense decisions」の部分がどうしても翻訳出来ず、困っています。 どなたか分かる方で教えて頂けると幸いです。宜しくお願いします。

• 日本語に翻訳してくださいm(__)m

Hey yuna, please don’t get mad at me for bringing her up but my ex wants to make a deal with you. She says she will never try to date me and that she won’t ever do anything with me. And in return she wants to be friends with you and me. Is that something you would be interested in or do you still want me just to block her? Anyways don’t get mad at me I’m just a messenger here Anyways I want to get over with that. I just want to start talking about you. So message me when you are free because I miss you I really want to talk about meeting you

• talk to と talk about

画像の英文はなんでtalk aboutなんですか? talk toではダメなんですか?

• 英語の訳をお願いします

I've got to be going Nice talking to you Fine,thank you. And you? See you later Oh, that's nice Is everything all right? Take it easy That's too bad You're welcome I'm very sorry Oh ,what a shame! No,thanks Yeah, I've heard about you Nice talking to you, too Goodbye. See you later I haven't seen you for ages It was so nice to see you Catch you later No, nothing special Have a nice day

• take one's cues

Dear Prudence, My husband and I made friends with another couple, “Katie” and “Steven,” last year. We have kids around the same age, and we get together a few times a month for backyard dinners and drinks. Recently, I remarked to Katie how much her children resemble her, and she replied that she hears that all the time. I jokingly asked how Steven feels about that, and she said: “Well, Steven’s trans. Didn’t you know?” I didn’t know. It hadn’t occurred to me. I was so surprised that my reaction was something along the lines of, “Oh. Cool!” And then the conversation naturally shifted course. I’m concerned that maybe I underreacted. Gender identity is important, and I can’t begin to imagine what Steven went through before and during his transition. My husband and I consider ourselves to be LGBTQ allies, and I want Steven to feel comfortable and supported in our home. We’ve seen them a few times since and nothing seems weird or awkward, so maybe I’m just overthinking this. But could or should I have responded differently? It didn’t feel like a coming-out conversation, more like a casual disclosure of information. Still, I’m worried that I said the wrong thing, and I’d love your perspective. —Underreactionary? You took your cue from Katie, who made it clear that this is information she (and presumably Steven) are comfortable with you knowing but that didn’t require a serious, involved follow-up conversation, and your response in that context was wholly appropriate. You’re likely right in assuming that Steven has gone through a great deal before and after transitioning, but that doesn’t mean he wants to go into detail about it with even the friendliest of neighbors. Steven and Katie already do feel comfortable and supported in your home, and there’s nothing you need to do here except continue to be friendly and welcoming and to take your neighbors’ cues on the subject of his transition. 2回take one's cuesという表現が出てきますが、それぞれどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします