• ベストアンサー

【至急】英語 教えて下さい

[1]誤ってる語を( )内から選び、訂正する。 1.I ( have met ) the girl ( whose ) ( he is talking ) to ( now ). 2.This is the town ( that ) ( I lived ) ( many years ago ). 3.( Which ) is ( the most important ) ( for ) Eric is his family. 4.The house ( what I think nice ) ( was built ) ( in ) summer in 2000. [2]次の英文を、関係代名詞を使ってほぼ同じ内容の1文に書きかえる。 1.Ms Green is an English teacher. She will go back to Canada next week. Ms. Green _______. 2.The students attending this school must study for more than five hours every day. 3.What's the major language spoken in India? 4.This is a famous painting. I like its color very much. よろしくお願い致します。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

文法の問題ですね。 まず、[1]について。 1.I ( have met ) the girl ( whose ) ( he is talking ) to ( now ). 答え:  whose (所有格)→whom / who (目的格) . 解説:  ( )外にあるtoの目的語となるので、 ここの関係代名詞は目的格。 thatの目的格"that"でも可。 訳例:    "I have met the girl whom he is talking to now." …「彼がいま話している相手の女性に、私は会ったことがある。」 2.This is the town ( that ) ( I lived ) ( many years ago ). 答え:  that (関係代名詞)→where (関係副詞) . 解説:  I lived the townとは言えないので、 ここで "the town" を先行詞とする関係代名詞は使えない。 I lived in the town と言えるので、関係副詞なら使える。 なお、関係代名詞がwhich であれば、 前置詞inをその直前に配置して "the town in which I lived" とすることもできるが、 関係代名詞がthatだと、 この語順("... in that...")は不可。 訳例:    "This is the town where I lived many years ago." …「これは私が何年も前に暮らした街だ。」 3.( Which ) is ( the most important ) ( for ) Eric is his family. 答え:  which →what, the most important→most important. 解説:  「Ericにとってmost importantなものはhis familyだ」 という文意を読み取る。 文意から"Which" は関係代名詞だということになるが、 その先行詞が無い。 仮に、The thing をwhich の先行詞にすれば The thing which となるが、 これをwhatで言い表すことができる。 この関係代名詞whatは先行詞を内包する。 the most important thingのように 形容詞の最上級が名詞をじかに修飾する場合には 名詞にthe を付けるが、 形容詞が動詞の補語である場合には 形容詞の最上級にはthe を付けない。 訳例:   "What is most important for Eric is his family." …「エリックにとって一番大切なものは、彼の家族だ。」 4.The house ( what I think nice ) ( was built ) ( in ) summer in 2000. 答え:  what→ which. 解説:  関係代名詞whatは先行詞を内包するので、 例文の"what I think nice" は 「a / the thing which I think nice」 といった意味になる。 既に( )外に先行詞"The house" があるので、 関係代名詞whatを、 先行詞を内包しない関係代名詞which に訂正する。 次の3文の実質的な意味は同じ。 I think the house nice. I think the house to be nice. I think (that) the house is nice. 訳例:   "The house which I think nice was built in summer in 2000." …「私が素晴らしいと思うその家は、2000年の夏に建てられた。」 次に、[2]について。Him-hymnさんの回答#1に追加します。 1.Ms Green is an English teacher. She will go back to Canada next week. "Ms. Green, who is an English teacher, will go back to Canada next week." でも可。 この"who" は 関係代名詞の「非制限(的)用法」や「非限定(的)用法」などと呼ばれる用法。 この用法では、文意が関係代名詞の直前の { , }で区切れ、 関係代名詞節の中では 先行詞が指し示すもの(本文ではMs. Greenという人) に関する叙述が展開される。   "Ms. Green, who is an English teacher, will go back to Canada next week." …「Green 女史は、英語の教師であるが、来週カナダに帰国する予定だ。」 4.This is a famous painting. I like its color very much. 回答#1で挙げられている "This is a famous painting the color of which I like very much." のほかに "This is a famous painting of which color I like very much." でも文法的には可であるが、 この2文のようにwhose を使える場合にof whichを使うと、 より格式ばった表現になる。

その他の回答 (1)

• Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

[1] 1.I ( have met ) the girl ( whose → whom/that/(who) ) ( he is talking ) to ( now ). 2.This is the town ( that → where ) ( I lived ) ( many years ago ). 3.( Which → What ) is ( the most important ) ( for ) Eric is his family. 4.The house ( what I think nice → that/which I think nice ) ( was built ) ( in ) summer in 2000. think を I think X niceの形で使うのは現代の英語ではあまりない。 [2] 1. Ms. Green, who will go back to Canada next week, is an English teacher. (コンマが2つともないと答にならない) Ms. Green is an English teacher who will go back to Canada next week. 2. The students who attend this school must study for more than five hours every day. 3.What's the major language that/which is spoken in India? 4.This is a famous painting whose color I like very much. This is a famous painting the color of which I like very much.も可 以上でいかがでしょうか?

pinky3216
質問者

お礼

ありがとう御座いました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の問題でわからないところ

The manager is(   )by his men. の答えとして、ill spoken of が入るそうなんですが、 speak ill ofで~のことを悪く言う、という意味ですから、 spoken ill ofの間違いではないでしょうか? また、The young male clerks were not(   )to their duties hard. には、attending to という答えが入るみたいですが、 これはどういう意味ですか? attend toには~のいうことを注意して聞く、という意味がありますけど、dutyには「人」を指す意味はないのでおかしいと思っているのですが・・・。

• 英語

The Taj Mahal is この続きに The most, of, see, famous, one, to, buildings The Taj Mahal is (?) in Indian. 並びかえお願いします! できたら意味もお願いします!

• 英語の訳についてお聞きしたいです。

考えてみたのですがいまいちよく分からないのでお願いします。 「~している…、~する…」という意味になる (a) There is someone waiting for you at the station. (b) Andy likes the singing birds. (c) The girl singing a song is my friend. (d) The sleeping girl is my sister. 「~された…、~される…」という意味になる (a) John has a lot of books written in English. (b) I need to take my broken watch to the shop. (c) The languag spoken in Australia is English. (d) Look at the closed door. です。 言っている意味がやっぱりよく訳せなくて、、 お願いします。

• 英語の問題

英語の問題で 例 THe language spoken in Australia is englishと書いていまして。 どうしてspokenがisの前に来るのでしょうか?教えてください。おねがいします

• 英語 問題

日本文に合うように、()に適語を入れて下さい。お願いします。 1 この市の人口は増加している。 This city is growing () population. 2 その町は景色が美しいので有名だ。 The town is famous () its scenic beauty. 3 私の町は小学校のすぐ隣りだ。 My house is () to the elementary school. 4 この道を行くと駅へ出ますか。 Will this road () me to the station? 5 私は小さいころよくここで遊んだものだ。 I () () play here when I was a little child.

• 高校英語教えください!

1(  )には何が入りますか? 1-1 I wouldadvise you not to interfere.You had better ( ) your own business. 1-2 ( ) my purse stolen,I asked my friend to lend me some. 2同じ意味になるように 2-1 He intends his son to be a doctor. → He intends to__________________________________________. 2-2 The book,having been written in haste , has many faults. → There are _________________________________________________. 2-3 The reason why I gave up the plan is this. → This is the reason for _______________________________________. 和訳もよろしくお願いします!

• 至急英語にお願いします

If you like to save money, you might be penalized for this in the future. This would encourage people not to hold money, but spend it. This might be important in societies such as Japan, where people traditionally save large amounts of money. A strong economy is one in which money changes hands often. Money "grows" in this way.

• カーペンターズの曲の英語の発音

I Need To Be In Loveと言う有名な曲がありますが 最初の歌い出しの部分で The hardest thing I've ever done is keep believing There's someone in this crazy world for me と言う歌詞がありますが何度聞いても No hardest thing I've ever done is keep believing No someone in this crazy world for me に聞こえます。 これはカーペンターズが意図的に発音しているものなのでしょうか? それとも慣例的な発音なのでしょうか?

• 英語の和訳のご指摘お願いします。

A certain pearl ridge is a shopping center told to be big to the second in Waikiki near Diamond Head. A Hawaiian famous souvenir, macademia nut, chocolate or the coffee are sold. The fragrance that there is little bitterness, and is sweet features the Hawaiian famous kona coffee. And I eat dinner next in how tree Lanai. The kind of the Hawaiian dish including egg Benedict and the lobster is abundant, too. The scenery is very good, too. The meal while I watch a sunset is the very best. なにか変なところはありますか?? ご指摘お願いします。

• ____にあてはまる英語教えてください

____にあてはまる英語教えてください 1. The teenager was arrested for _______________ driving, 2. They have ____________________ a campaign to raise \10 million for the child to go to the States for a heart transplant. 3. I left __________________ when he refused to shake hands with me. 4. The man is suffering from ________________ tuberculosis. 5. He ________________ this afternoon while he was playing golf with his customers. 6. The professor is too strict; I wish he could be a little bit more ________________ with his students. 7. The Japanese police have been rather reluctant to ________________ in domestic conflicts. 8. He _______________ all he had just eaten.