外国語メールからニュアンスが掴めない!翻訳お願いします

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 外国語メールのニュアンスが分からず、翻訳をお願いしたいです。
  • 彼からのメールの細かなニュアンスが理解できず、お力をお貸しください。
  • 友だちとして続けたいと言っているけれど、全体を理解できていません。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語のメール ニュアンスが分からない

はじめまして。今現在連絡を取り合っているペンパルの外国男性がいるのですが、 彼からのメールでニュアンスがよく分からず客観的に翻訳いただけないでしょうか? 彼とは会ったことがなく、それなのに日頃はLove youを連発し、そのうえ最近連絡がつかず お別れしたいの?といったメールを送ったところ、このようなメールが届きました。 私と友だちとして続けたいと言っているのですが、他の文中で細かなニュアンスがつかめず、 お力をお貸しください。また他掲示板でも同様の質問を投稿させてただいています。 翻訳をお願いします。 今連絡を取り合っている外国の方がいるのですが、今ひとつニュアンスが掴めないメールが届き、客観的に翻訳をいただけないでしょうか。 全体はわかるのですが細かなニュアンスまで理解できず、お力をお貸しください。宜しくお願いいたします。 I am very sorry I have not contacted you recent, I was on special mission, and not allowed to communicate with outside, I understand your frustration, I know my job very much sacrifice, I have much love for you, I wish I can have more time to show you more. I do not want to break up, but I understand it is no fair for you to wait, you need to live your life too, I can't stop your life for me. I miss you, and I care for you, I want better opportunity to meet you someday soon, please, stay friends if you decide for now until better time to move on to next level, I do not want to loose you, but I am prepared if you decided to move on and go, hope you understand, please do what is right for you no matter the cost. I hope we can still talk and laugh as friends. With love, Your friend, ○○(名前)

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15294/33013)
回答No.1

最近連絡しないで大変済まない。私は特別のミッション(任務)にあり、その内容は外部に漏らすことは許されていないが、貴方のもどかしさは分かる。  私の仕事は多大の犠牲を必要とすることをしている。私は貴方への大きな愛を有する。私は貴方にもっと見せる時間がもっとあったらいいと思う。  私は別れを望まない、しかし貴方が私を待つのも不公平だ。貴方もあなたの一生を生きる必要がある。私は貴方の生活を私のためにとめることは出来ない。  貴方がいなくて寂しい、貴方のことが心配だ、いつか近い将来に貴方に会う、よりよい機会があればと思う、次の段階に進むのに、よりよい機会だと貴方が決めるまで友だちでいたい。  わたしは貴方を失いたくない、しかし貴方が離れて行くなら準備があると分かってほしい、どんな事が起こってもに好きなようにしなさい。同じように友だちとして話したり笑ったりできることを望む。  愛とともに、貴方の友だち○○。  (このニュアンスですか。一番情報量の多いのはこの手紙の受取人で、僕が横から口出しできる性格の物ではないと思います。紙には何とでも書けますからね。正調の英語ではないが慣れ、と言うか老練さを、感じさせる文です。)

indigo_blue
質問者

お礼

早速翻訳いただきましてありがとうございました。彼はまだ若く私より年下なので、老練さがある文だと知り大変驚きました。特殊な仕事なので音信不通はあるらしいのですが、今回初めての経験だったため、このようなメールのやり取りをしていました。 彼が続けたいのかやめたいのか今ひとつ分かりづらいなと感じていました。私への愛を持っているというニュアンスも理解しづらくて。ありがとうございました!

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

・書いてあることが本当か嘘かの判断はできません、信頼するかどうかはあなた次第です。 ・「~だ」と訳すか「~です」と訳すかで、ニュアンスが真反対になります。その判断はあなたがしてください。 重要文だけを抜き出します。 ★I was on special mission, and not allowed to communicate with outside, ※特別な任務を負っているので、外部との連絡が禁止されている。 (任務の内容は伏せてあります。「特別」だからなのか、「個人的」だからなのかは不明です。「個人的」というのは、私の視野には「別の相手がいるから」も入っています。) ★I understand your frustration, … ★I can't stop your life for me. ※あなたが不安になっていることは分かっています、 ※あなたの人生を私のために止めてはいけない。 (読み取り方によっては、別れを切り出しているようにも思えます。判断をあなたに委ねているのでしょう。) ★I wish I can have more time to show you more. ★I do not want to break up, but I understand it is no fair for you to wait, ※もっと会う時間が欲しい。(wish は不可能な望みを表す言葉です。) ※分かれたくないが、あなたを待たせるのは許されない。 (矛盾する文が続いています。どちらを信じるかはあなたです。) ここまでで止めますが、この後も上で訳した文が、別の言葉で繰り返されています。つまり「お付き合いを続けたいが、無理ならあなたが決めてくれ。」ということです。 あなたにとっては残念な文面であるように思います。が、次へのステージがあなたを待っていると思います。

indigo_blue
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。彼の仕事は本当だとわかっているので本人の気持ちが今ひとつ読めませんでした。大変助かりました。ありがとうござました!

関連するQ&A

• 英語の翻訳とニュアンスについて

この英文の翻訳をお願いします。 英語圏の方では無いので、英文法は少し怪しいです。 I have a question in mind for several time and I would like to have your opinion ... What do you think about learn french, come study in France and see if life together is possible? なんとなくの意味は伝わったのですが、重く真剣な意味として言っているのか軽い意味で言っているのか、どう受け止めるべきなのかが分かりません。 翻訳とニュアンスについての考えを教えていただきたいです。 回答宜しくお願いします。

• 英語のニュアンス教えてください

海外の友人とのメールのやり取りで、ニュアンスがわからない文が届きました。 私の方から訪問したいと言った事はありませんが、こっちに遊びにおいでというような内容でした。 その中で、”今は仕事が忙しいから、こっちに来るのは休暇中がベストだと思う” という文の後に書かれている、この文面がしっくりこないのです。 どういうニュアンスで言っているのか教えてください。 I don't think if i can have a good chance to time because am very busy most of the time... How do you see? What are your suggestions on this, how do you see? Otherwise am willing for you to visit me. よろしくお願いします。

• この返事(英語)についてお伺いします。

FBのメッセンジャーでそれまでは連絡を取り合っていたのですが、1週間ほど音沙汰がなくなり I'm worrying about you so much since you have given me no response.Because you always used to give me response. How long will this situation continue?I just want to know your mind. と送信したところ以下の返事が返ってきました。 1° I have got life...not only on internet ! 2° When I used to response easy before, because I had less work. 3° This last days I have a lot of work. 4° I have many fans and friends who i have to response by mail + by messenger and etc. 5° You are not only one. Thank you for your comprehension. Regards これってニュアンス的にどうなのかが知りたいです。 例えば忙しいんだからしつこく連絡しないでほしいって感じなのか、もう少ししたら落ち着くからちょっと待って欲しいって感じなのか。 お願いするのに何ですが、翻訳ツール等で翻訳しての回答はご遠慮ください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語のニュアンスについてです

初めまして質問させて頂きます。ステーツに住んでいるBFからメールを 貰いました。少しお恥ずかしいのですが、英語のニュアンスで訳すのが難しいので是非アドバイスをいただけますか(*^-^*)  お忙しい中申し訳ありませんが、よろしくお願いいたします。 ◆これは私が『American girlのように私はSEXYじゃないけど、貴方のためにSEXYな写真を撮ったから送るね!』といった後の返信内容です。 アドバイスを頂きたい箇所は 【(1)you should n't think about American girls and how they look. live your own life. treasure your own beauty. 】 この文章は本当に解釈に迷ってます。 【(2)I want to kiss you over and over and do naughty things to you!!!!!】”naughty things” が分からないんです。”悪ふざけをしたい?””いちゃいちゃしたい?”どのようなニュアンスがありますか?初めて知った単語です。 よろしくお願いいたします。 thank you. i can't tell that it's you. but thats ok. you should n't think about American girls and how they look. live your own life. treasure your own beauty. I'm about to go to bed. it's now 420 am. I want to kiss you over and over and do naughty things to you!!!!! goodnight my sweetlove,

• 英語についての質問<メール>

『I think you have a good start. I suggest you concentrate on only one area of interest with XX. And a very big thing is that you should use academic journals in your research, not just things you are finding on websites. I see you have a few sources that are good, but we want to do some serious digging. I am happy to meet with you to discuss things if you'd like.』 あるテーマでペーパーを進めようとしたのですが、このトピックでいいかどうかとメールをしました。 その返信できたのが以上の英文です。 それに対して、 『Thank you for the reply. I understand.』だけでいいでしょうか? 少し文章が短すぎるなーという気がするのですが、だからといってダラダラ書くのも…と思っています。 『See you tomorrow.』 と最後に入れて送るだけでいいでしょうか? アドバイスがあれば教えて欲しいです。

• 日本語に訳していただけないでしょうか?

長文になりますが、おおまかで構わないので日本語に訳していただけないでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。 ………………………… In summer in the year before last, I received a mail from a person. I felt almost was make-up story but various thinks about you were written in it. I understood the contents and replied my promise not to relate with you. However, harassment to me started by your friends, staffs of (店名) and your friends I had never related and it has been continuing until now although it becomes not so often as before. Even some of my friends were harassed only because being with me. (店名) is your working place and a place for your friends to gather. I guess they hope me not to relate with you. Because I had been told about you sometimes, I had a complicated feeling when I received your message via facebook. I thought that I would select my human relation and it would be possible for me to be a friend with you but I can not be free from the wavering of my decision to relate with you as a friend if I visit (店名). I have to keep promise with your friends.... I do not know why your friends still stick to me. Because I have no relation with you now. I also have no relation with anyone who might have close relation with you. I do not know you have any engagement to such continuous sticking to me but I think it is a matter of mind of these people not of yours or mine. I am thankful to you for calling me your friend. However, considering my current position, I think that it would be difficult to be your friend. If you have good human relation now, I think that there would be no reason for you to keep on staying as my friend beyond it. What do you think about it? Please do not misunderstand. I do not take you into my confidence to hurt you. I want to tell you only why I have avoided you. If we have fate, we might be able to relate as ordinary friend.

• 英語の翻訳をお願いします。

英語の翻訳をお願いします。 オーストラリアからの英語なのですが、どなたか翻訳していただけないでしょうか。 Hello I noticed you have already paid for your Rockport shoes. Thank you for your promptness. However, I had not sent the invoice to you, which I have just done which includes the total amount including the amount for postage and packaging. If you would like to deposit the balance into my Paypal account, I can get the shoes sent to you. 0000@0000.net.au is my id for Paypal payments. Thank you and have a lovely night. よろしくお願いいたします。

• 翻訳をお願いできますでしょうか。

海外のネットショップで買い物をしたのですが、クレジットカードが認証されていないようです。 よろしくお願いいたします。 翻訳をお願いいたします。 Sorry, I do not understand? We need you to confirm the small amount put through on your card on 2 July before we are able to proceed with your order. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me

• 彼氏とのやりとりでニュアンスがわかりません

私が、彼氏(遠距離中のアメリカ人)に、日本に来れないのなら、私がアメリカに9月に行くとメールをした後のやり取りです。(語学ガッコを探してほしいとも頼みました。) I read your email on my way to work I'm busy Very busy I think you get upset when I do not reply right away I have not had time to look up English lessons I have not had time to plan 仕事で忙しくて、学校を探している時間がないと言われ、じゃあ9月に行くのを辞めると言ったらまた、下記の返事がきました。 iie. That is not what I said. I said that I have been very busy. I don't not think you understand how hard I work In the US, you cannot work In Japan, you will not make much money doing nails I am responsible for making money 下記の部分の意味がいまいちわかりません。(彼氏が養わなきゃならないって言っているのですか?) 『 In Japan, you will not make much money doing nails I am responsible for making money』 日本に来て、両親に会う約束をしているのですが、一向に来る予定が経たずにいます。 彼氏が来る気がないのか、本当に仕事が忙しくって来れないのか?真意がわかりません… 仕事が忙しいと言っているので、ここはおとなしく待っていた方が良いのでしょうか? you need to be flexible and understanding I want you to visit  I want to see you ASAP give me a few days to figure out my work schedule when you visit, I do not want to work all of the time : I do not want you to think I am a Japanese salaryman I think September is a GREAT time to visit  I can take a little time off Should we do a little vacation? And then I work and visit Japan in September or October? : I want to meet your mom. :P Give me one week. If I have a LOT of work. Short trip. If I can get some time off. Long trip. Live with me. If a short trip, we go to Las Vegas and stay in San Francisco for a few days. Then I will do short trip to Japan. Then you live with me I miss Japan. I do not want to visit when it is cold

• ニュアンスを知りたい

こういった質問がたくさんあるのは存じていますが、 どちらかというとすでにお付き合いのある方々の件が多かったので 質問させてください。 とある機会がありメールのやり取りをすることになったアメリカ人男性がいます。 はじめはちょっとした仕事で来日する予定でしたが、震災のこともあり結果延期される ことになったようです。 はじめは桜のことや日本の春について説明をしたり、たわいもない日常を書いていました。 それがある時、会いたい、Personal contactを求めているといった内容があり、 軽く無視し、少し彼がどのように考えているのか探りを入れてみました。 どうも私たちの関係をとても重要に考えているような言葉もありました。 私は子供もおりその父親とは籍を入れていませんが同居しています。 それも当初から伝えてあります。 その上で、行きすぎた相互理解は性的な欲求に繋がりやすいので 控えるべきではないかと言いました。 そういった経緯のあと、メールで下の文章がありました。 私の英語はほとんど自動翻訳に頼る程度ものもですので、 彼が私に恋愛関係を求めているのか、単に友人としてなのかによって、 私の言動も気をつけなければいけないと思いますので、 何か気付くことがあればお教えください。 even with loveとかのあたりもニュアンスがよくわかりません。 i miss youや thinking of you、my dear、dearest、kissも書かれることがありますが 友人同士でもよく使われると聞きます。 宜しくお願いいたします。 Although you are married I still like you When adults of opposite gender have a meaningful relationship, love and sexual relations are natural Sexual relationship isn't the most important. What is important is companionship and longevity you give me a warm feeling of trust and care i understand your emotions and mind completely thank you for sharing, i am a good listener your communication is clear and precise, also mature and respected all of those qualities make me like you more i am happy we became friends and look forward to our future im sure our relationship will be long!! even with love please rest and email me anytime i miss you んーー、気をつけないといけませんかねぇ・・・。